Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:40 PM

Default Is L.C.I & Lowell Annex better now?

I've read some horror stories about the place, but found this article from just 10 months ago that they are supposed to be improving things and cracking down on staff abuses of inmates. I also heard this new Warden Angela Gorden is better than the last warden at the Annex.
bradenton.com/news/state/article49643250

Anyone have any updates on this? I write someone there but this topic isn't something you can openly discuss through mail. I don't want anyone put in confinement because of something I or she writes in a letter.

I find a lot of old news about the place but almost nothing from 2016, just that somewhat positive article from last year

Anyone know anyone in there now or been released from there recently? Or know if the conditions have gotten better recently
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 06:11 PM

Nobody? I know its only been a day but was hoping someone had this info, whether a girl who has been in there recently or a guy who has someone in there?
Old 10-15-2016, 01:34 AM

Really, no one?
Come on man..
I called there tonight, last night, whatever..talked to a 240 lb guard..told him no one messes with my girl...she has supporters, including my family X military..dude was cool, at least on phone, he even confessed Jesus..I grilled him bad but nice...
I love her and they aint messing with her..I will call both night and day shifts if I have to...they will all know she has a love one and family, even if her own family ditched her..of there is a problem I will go directly to FDOC, and even Governor, and if that don't work the POTUS..I will call, mail, visit..whatever..I love my girl..and yes i am willing to be celibate through these years..stupid assinine many years, thanks to state failure..grrr...It's late..I will kiss her picture (its on my desktop with us) and say goodnight..then must clean screen..I would rather kiss lips, not glass...want to snuggle..this all sux, now my dang dog wants out...
Old 10-15-2016, 06:40 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,619 Times in 14,975 Posts

Quote:
I called there tonight, last night, whatever..talked to a 240 lb guard..told him no one messes with my girl...she has supporters, including my family X military..dude was cool, at least on phone, he even confessed Jesus..I grilled him bad but nice...
Quote:
... they aint messing with her..I will call both night and day shifts if I have to...
If you don't back up the bus, sit down and shut up they will mess her. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but your constant calling and "grilling" the CO's can lead to retaliation. Pick your battles carefully.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Gatewatcher (10-15-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
If you don't back up the bus, sit down and shut up they will mess her. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but your constant calling and "grilling" the CO's can lead to retaliation. Pick your battles carefully.
Good point..I considered that after and will 'sit down"..only did it once, and the "grilling' wasn't really bad, just asked questions and most of that was about being a Christian. I did realize later that if someone started calling every day they might consider it annoying, or you might end up talking to someone who is a real ass and will turn it around on you by messing with the one you call about. this guy seemed laid back and cool though so will leave it at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatewatcher For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-15-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:33 AM

Reception at Lowell still sucks from what i was told as recent as 3 months ago. Also that Lowell main is still terrible to do time at but has improved some compared to how bad it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to whataride For This Useful Post:
Gatewatcher (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataride View Post
Reception at Lowell still sucks from what i was told as recent as 3 months ago. Also that Lowell main is still terrible to do time at but has improved some compared to how bad it was.
Already been through reception awhile back...not in main, in Annex.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:57 PM

Yay they will mess with if you push the issue. Better off being in respectful. Remember she's at the mercy of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to sashaandjerry2014 For This Useful Post:
Gatewatcher (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashaandjerry2014 View Post
Yay they will mess with if you push the issue. Better off being in respectful. Remember she's at the mercy of them.

She's ok..only did that once...our mails have no problem, we talk pretty freely...I have also said in letters to try and be a model inmate, not get in any trouble and respect the COs so if they do read the stuff they should see no problem. The worst I ever said about the place is the grits every morning for breakfast..I doubt they actually read 8 - 10 page letters, though some are 2 -3 pages, thats rare though..more likely they just briefly scan them for key words about contraband or escape and stuff like that which we do not discuss and would not get involved in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatewatcher For This Useful Post:
sashaandjerry2014 (11-02-2016)