Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Donation Award 

First step when he gets to his permanent camp, he will have to put in request at prison to start the process. He'll have to make the first move and the prison has to make ok it, then they send to doc and they have to approve it. You sometimes have to call a couple of times to his classification officer and depending upon which facility, You may have to call Tallahassee to get them moving a bit faster. It may take up to 6 months or more from when you start. He must be at his permanent facility, they will do nothing at the reception center except focus on getting him ready to transfer to permanent place.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,540 Times in 3,575 Posts

There are several threads in the FL General Prison Talk forum on this subject. Use the Search This Forum function to find them. You will find helpful info.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
HAPPiLY MARRiED;|041210|*

Post #..?

does anyone have the number to tallahassee in order for me to check on the status of mine && my man's application/paper work?
who do i ask to speak with?
thanks!!
-- kelbo's wife

Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 PM

I know Madison County issues licenses as well me and my loe are in the process of everything now..... Im excited and cant wait to be the 1st and the only
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM

My fiancee is in wakulla annex, i live in orange county! i do not have any id of his! i have his ss number and papers from doc of approval
Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~tachie79~ View Post
My fiancee is in wakulla annex, i live in orange county! i do not have any id of his! i have his ss number and papers from doc of approval
I did not have to have any form of ID for Ben when I got our marriage license or the letter of approval.

He's home!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:17 PM

You can get a marriage license in Franklin county.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Daddy's Home 11/15/11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyttynkyttyn View Post
okay i talked with Hillsborough County....they are closer to me...

They will do it as well... My man has to get a letter of permission to marry from the jail with both are names on it...i take that to the clerk of court....and fill out the papers, to get notarized....they issues a temp liscence...that i take to the jail for my man to fill out and get notarized....that goes back to them..i pay $104.00...we wait 3 days and can get married. =)

Is this $104 the cost regardless or is this how much is costs if neither of you takes a premarital course?

Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsWifey View Post
Is this $104 the cost regardless or is this how much is costs if neither of you takes a premarital course?

The cost of the marriage license is $93.50, unless it went up since...and that is the price if u do not take the premarital course....
The Following User Says Thank You to ricoswifey For This Useful Post:
KingsWifey (10-30-2009)
Old 11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Lovin' my Sexy Convict ;)

Ok, there appears to be a 3 day waiting period from when the lisence is issued until it is valid to be used? Am I reading this right? So my real question is, once the 3 days have passed and you can get married, how long is the lisence valid for? 30 days? 15 days?Just wondering if once the DOC portion of everything is taken care of, and I go to the CLerk to get that process done, if I could start 2 or 3 weeks in advance in case there is some unforeseen thing that needs to be taken care of, and if it goes through in just the 3 days with no issues, would it be valid 3 weeks down the road...
Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

The license is good for 60 days from the date of issue.

He's home!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawig View Post
Ok, there appears to be a 3 day waiting period from when the lisence is issued until it is valid to be used? Am I reading this right? So my real question is, once the 3 days have passed and you can get married, how long is the lisence valid for? 30 days? 15 days?Just wondering if once the DOC portion of everything is taken care of, and I go to the CLerk to get that process done, if I could start 2 or 3 weeks in advance in case there is some unforeseen thing that needs to be taken care of, and if it goes through in just the 3 days with no issues, would it be valid 3 weeks down the road...
The 3 day waiting period is if you both don't take the "premarital course." The license is valid for 60 days. You could probably get some information from the chaplain at Tomoka. They usually require both parties to be present when applying for the license but there's a way to get around that if one of the parties isn't available. I'm sure the chaplain would know that because he's usually the one performing the ceremonies.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:25 PM

My Fiance is from Canada he is looking at doing some time! We had plans of getting married this year...no our plans hae changed because he is going to prison in the US. He is not an American Citizen...Canada is cold and my hole family is here! Where should I start? Soo Lost...
Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 PM

Does Hillsborough county issue marriage licenses for couples when one is incarcerated? Anybody know or get one in Hillsborough county recently?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyttynkyttyn View Post
okay i talked with Hillsborough County....they are closer to me...

They will do it as well... My man has to get a letter of permission to marry from the jail with both are names on it...i take that to the clerk of court....and fill out the papers, to get notarized....they issues a temp liscence...that i take to the jail for my man to fill out and get notarized....that goes back to them..i pay $104.00...we wait 3 days and can get married. =)
ejordan, see this post about Hillsborough Co. You may want to call them to make sure they still do this and what they require in order to issue the license. It's a little bit of back and forth, but once it's done you'll be good to go. Also once it's time for him to sign the license, I would try to make arrangement with the facility for this to be done at a visit. That piece of paper is way to precious to be mailed. They may let you bring it in long enough to be signed and notarized and taken back to your car. You just have to make sure there will be a notary there that weekend. I've done that with other documents before with no problems.

He's home!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
ejordan, see this post about Hillsborough Co. You may want to call them to make sure they still do this and what they require in order to issue the license. It's a little bit of back and forth, but once it's done you'll be good to go. Also once it's time for him to sign the license, I would try to make arrangement with the facility for this to be done at a visit. That piece of paper is way to precious to be mailed. They may let you bring it in long enough to be signed and notarized and taken back to your car. You just have to make sure there will be a notary there that weekend. I've done that with other documents before with no problems.
okie dokie, thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM
manny143

collier county does but first you need to get approval from the prison and tallahassee
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Franklin County at the Court house in Apalachacola (sp)
Old 10-13-2010, 12:17 PM

Default Pasco County Question

My guy and I are looking to get married. I called Pasco county to find out what is needed to get the license. I know the approval has to come from Tallahassee and that has to go. They tell me that I have to have his Picture ID, I explained to them that he is in prison. The lady at the clerks office said I need to either have him there or have his ID, they will not accept a printout from DOC. Sooooo, I guess my question is how do I get an ID to take to obtain the license?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Donation Award 

Did you look at the thread from sticky on this subject. I might help, good luck!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

Call around to a couple of different counties to see what they require. I didn't have to have anything but the letter but we got married in Region I.

He's home!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Expecting the UNexpected

Default Premarital Counseling?

Hey ladies, I keep seeing people talk about a 4 hour premarital class but have yet to see any posts from anyone who has actually been. Is there anyone on here who has gotten married in FDOC that has been to this 4 hour premarital class? How was it? Were the you and your intended spouse allowed to got to counseling together? Did you get to sit next to each other? Was it fun? Was it worth it? Enlighten me please

Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
waiting in Florida

Default charlotte county does inmate marriage license

desoto does not
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Does anyone know if Lee does??
Old 02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
~Missing my Husband~
Donation Award 

Brevard does - and by mail. I just got off of the phone with the Clerks Office. You can get the info sheet on the Brevard County Clerks office website - complete and email to them. They will review, print off and send back to you then you and yuour fiance will need to each sign and have it notarized and send back to the Clerks office before any license can/will be issued.