Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arkansas.

View Poll Results: Which Arkansas Prisons are Represented on PTO?
Benton Unit 2 4.44%
Boot Camp Program 3 6.67%
Cummins Unit 10 22.22%
East Arkansas Regional Unit 12 26.67%
Grimes Unit 12 26.67%
Hawkins Center for Women 2 4.44%
Jefferson County Jail & Correctional Facility 4 8.89%
Maximum Security Unit 3 6.67%
McPherson Unit 1 2.22%
Mississippi County Work Release Center 1 2.22%
North Central Unit 1 2.22%
Northwest Arkansas Work Release Center 1 2.22%
Ouachita River Unit 5 11.11%
Pine Bluff Unit 5 11.11%
Texarkana Regional Correction Cetner 1 2.22%
Tucker Unit 9 20.00%
Varner Unit 11 24.44%
Wrightsville Unit 4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 PM

i am so sorry... i can't imagine
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgrl View Post
Oh, its ok. I am just a little sensitive sometimes. This has been so very hard and i do find myself sometimes a little jealous of those that have less than a year to wait. And then I have to think of those that are waiting longer than I will have to. We all have our own individual struggles.

But I do understand how you feel. I didn't get to see him for the first 55 days he was gone. I saw him January 13 and didn't get to see him till March 7. That was the hardest part of it. And hopefully we wont ever have to go that long without seeing each other again. I drive 4 hours to get there and 4 hours home to see him. It's 230 miles from my home. But its worth every mile just to look into his eyes for a few hours and get those 2 kisses.
True, there are others on here who are waiting much longer than we are for our loved ones to be placed back in our arms. By the time I'm able to see my fiance again, it will be over 2 months. The last time I was able to kiss his face and hug him was August 9th. I won't know what that's like again until October 24th. While I'm allowed to visit him on the 12th of October, the visiting rules say only a brief hug at the beginning and a brief hug at the end. Other than that, I won't know what it's like to feel his arms around me until the 24th. He's almost 400 miles from where I live, and there's a chance that the weekend of the 19th is off because I'll have my little boy that weekend. We were already scrubbed for a visit on October 5th because it's just 1 day shy of the last 2 weeks that he'll be there. He arrived on a Monday. The 5th is a Sunday, so we were scrubbed for a visit by one day. Sometimes the system can be so cruel when it comes to family on the "outside." We're serving their time as well by being kept away from them and then given rules when we are finally allowed to be with them. I can understand the rules in some ways because it is easy for some people to take a visit to the extreme (like hiding behind a vending machine and getting it on), but there are others who are just longing to feel what it's like to be hugged or held once again after being away from them for so long. The PDA's that are more suitable for a motel room should be refrained from, especially in the presence of young children, but at the same time, when can a motel room be reserved? I know rules are there to be followed, and there are consequences for breaking them, but I have no intention of breaking them. I just want to see him again. That's all. It's been so long already.

Good luck with your struggle to find a normal balance during the time your guy is away, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have him back much sooner. If you need anything, I'm here and you can always PM me. I pretty much live on this site.

♫You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine...♫
♪You make me happy when skies are gray...♪
Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonysgirl678 View Post
my husband is currently at jefferson county jail/correctional facility in pine bluff. he was transferred there from diagnostics last week.
How long will he be there? Mine was only given 62 days in Malvern at the TVC, and we're almost to the halfway point of him finishing it. The TVC has been REALLY hard to find information on.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Default reply to tottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottles View Post
How long will he be there? Mine was only given 62 days in Malvern at the TVC, and we're almost to the halfway point of him finishing it. The TVC has been REALLY hard to find information on.
i have no clue how long he will be incarcerated . . . and that is the hardest part. he was sentenced to three years on a probation revocation for domestic battering 3rd degree, a charge he caught in the summer of 2006. he was sentenced on july 14 and was moved to diagnostics on august 21. from there, he was sent to randall williams correctional facility in pine bluff on september 5. as of now, his jacket will be pulled on november 24. from there, it will be decided if he will be granted a parole hearing at a later time. adc's website says his pe/te date is 2-4-09, but who freaking knows. i talked to adc today and they said that was just the date that he is first eligible to come home and that he may or may not be granted parole. right now, i am scrambling to round up recomendation letters on his behalf to be put in his file so they will be ready for his pre-hearing on the 24th. why does all this crap have to be so confusing???? any advice on what i can do to help? also, is anyone else familiar with randall williams CF? it used to be called jefferson county jail/correctional facility, but was recently renamed and i can't seem to find anyone who is familiar with it.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonysgirl678 View Post
i have no clue how long he will be incarcerated . . . and that is the hardest part. he was sentenced to three years on a probation revocation for domestic battering 3rd degree, a charge he caught in the summer of 2006. he was sentenced on july 14 and was moved to diagnostics on august 21. from there, he was sent to randall williams correctional facility in pine bluff on september 5. as of now, his jacket will be pulled on november 24. from there, it will be decided if he will be granted a parole hearing at a later time. adc's website says his pe/te date is 2-4-09, but who freaking knows. i talked to adc today and they said that was just the date that he is first eligible to come home and that he may or may not be granted parole. right now, i am scrambling to round up recomendation letters on his behalf to be put in his file so they will be ready for his pre-hearing on the 24th. why does all this crap have to be so confusing???? any advice on what i can do to help? also, is anyone else familiar with randall williams CF? it used to be called jefferson county jail/correctional facility, but was recently renamed and i can't seem to find anyone who is familiar with it.
I'm not familiar with it, I'm sorry to say. I'm not real familiar with the ADC or DCC at all. I think they make it confusing so that we have to rack our brains and SHOW that we truly feel our loved one can change or has changed. Either way, it hurts us because we're out here on the other side of the fence, but we're on the inside with them as well.
I'm sure someone will come along who can answer your questions about the facility your husband is in. The most I'm able to do is lend a listening ear <eyes?> for others. If not for my stumbling across this site, I'd be a mental case by now. there are ALOT of supportive people here.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:48 PM

Default grimes

my husband was given his parent assignment on thursday. he is at grimes in newport.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Donation Award 

Default 2008 Poll: Which Arkansas Prisons are Represented on PTO?

You can vote more than once! Vote for ALL prisons you've had experience with, you have been in, or that your loved one has EVER been in.

JJT
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Donation Award 

Please let me know which units I have missed or shouldn't be posted!

Thank you!

JJT
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM

Just an fyi, Benton is a work release unit also.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgrl View Post
Just an fyi, Benton is a work release unit also.

Ah. Should that be a seperate option then??
Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM

My brother is in the Tucker Unit. And God, forbid that any of your loved ones get sick.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 AM

My husband is at Varner unit and coming home with the next 30 days....
Old 11-22-2008, 06:59 PM

my husband is in brickeys.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:28 PM

my husband is at the newport grimes unit
Old 12-01-2008, 05:55 PM

My fiance is in Forrest City Medium Federal Corrections. His release date is 2011.He has been here for 2 yrs..1 yr in Yazoo City.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM

MY uncle is in grimes unit i went and saw him for the 1st time we both cried and he was doing ok but the food is not good there
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM

My boyfriend is at the East Arkansas Regional Unit (Brickey).
Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 PM

my husband is at ouachita river correctional unit in malvern arkansas. hopefully he will be home by the end of jan. he made yearly epa list. so now we are waiting for them to vote on who goes and who stays. should know by jan20th.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 PM

my fiance is at east ar. regional unit (brickeys) i drive from pine bluff to see him every sunday, takes me about an hour and 45 minutes but he is worth every mile!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:59 PM

My husband is at Grimes Unit, in Newport. I got to go see him this past Saturday.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:45 AM

My Hubby is at Forrest City - Low. Still waiting on the first visit.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM

My brother called from diognostics and said he was being transferred, but didn't know where yet. I'm waiting to hear. Very new at this and very nervous!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALABAMA SIS View Post
My brother called from diognostics and said he was being transferred, but didn't know where yet. I'm waiting to hear. Very new at this and very nervous!

My husband got moved to Grimes about 5 weeks ago. You can go to
http://www.adc.arkansas.gov/inmate_info/?search=Go, & type in your brothers name & it should tell you more info, & save the link, to keep updated. Hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:54 AM

Red face

My brother was just sent to EARU BRICKEYS. any info wouls be sooo helpful to me.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 PM

My husband is at Brickeys, he doesnt like it there, guards can be difficult to deal with at times, but been there for 2 years now.