Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:37 PM

Arrow Question, how can we get him moved closer?

My boyfriend is currently at Coweta County Correctional Institute. He's wanting to get moved closer to home which would be Floyd County but I talked to department of corrections today and they said he wouldn't be able to do anything until he is 15 months away from his max out date. It still isn't showing a TPM date or anything... What else can I do or what advice do you all have to give me? I just need some direction on how I can help him... Thanks

Ryan and Carey
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2019, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,452 Times in 2,938 Posts

There may not be anything you can do. Most states put someone in a "home institution" (usually far away from anything or anyone because no one wants a prison next door to them) and there they stay until 12 - 16 months or so before release. Then they move them to a smaller facility with pre-release programs. That smaller facility may or may not be closer to you.

To the best of my knowledge, the two ways to get moved to a different (not necessarily closer) institution is to either 1) become such a trouble maker as to require 'diesel therapy' where the institutions keep shipping the person around, or 2) have a massive medical problem where they need specialized medical care.

I hope neither of those happens to your boyfriend. So you may simply be stuck.

I can relate. While not the same relationship, one of my inside friends is an 8 - 9 hour drive from my house, and visiting him means taking 3 days off from work because of the way Oregon visitation works. Needless to say, I don't see him very often. I try really hard to visit him once a year.

Wish I had better news for you.