Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Tennessee.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMarie View Post
Question? I went to offenderconnect.com to try and put money on my phone but I dont see Morgan County on the list. How did you ladies out money on your cell phones because I can't seem to figure it out!!!!
You will select TDOC- it covers all the state prisons in Tennesse.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFL View Post
You will select TDOC- it covers all the state prisons in Tennesse.
But I did and shen I put in his inmate # it wouldn't work and I checked several times to make sure I had the right one

Old 03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
ALWAYS HIS PROUDLY

You have to put the zeros in front of his number, it took me a minute to figure that as well. Trying putting two zeros on the front of his inmate number and see if that works for you
Old 03-25-2013, 03:31 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner 

Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Morgan County - MCCX

I have noticed a few threads for Morgan County so have made a central post to hopefully bring all this information together. Please post here if you have any loved ones or information about Morgan County

USA Green Card DV 2017 Lotto Winner for OC CN7**
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too
Previous International - Long Distance - MWI Relationship
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM

Anyone know if there's a lockdown going on? Didn't get my call tonight and kind of worried.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Angry

My husband is at mccx. Can anyone tell me how and what i need to set up my phone?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjones75 View Post
My husband is at mccx. Can anyone tell me how and what i need to set up my phone?
Hello there. I cannot remember if you have to call Global Tel-Link http://www.gtl.net/ first or if you can just go to the Offender Connect website to put money on his account, but once you have an account set up you can use http://offenderconnect.com to pay for calls.

There are 2 options. You can set up an account and put money on certain phone numbers (the numbers you listed) or you can put money directly on the offender's account. The problem with the 1st option is you have to put money on each number listed. So, if you put $50 on one phone number and there are 3 listed, only the number with the credit can be called. The credit cannot be shared among the phone numbers listed.
I believe putting money on the offender account is a little less expensive per call, but you cannot see the balance and they can use it to call anyone. The fee is the same, however. If you put money on the offender account your loved one will not know it is there unless they check. You may want to write them to tell them you are using this option.

On the Prison Talk blog for Tennessee there are threads that talk you through how to get a phone or local phone number to reduce the price of calls. I think the thread is GTL or Global Tel.

Here is a link to the Dept. of Corrections- TN to explain calling inmates and other general information.
http://www.tn.gov/correction/faq.html

It would not hurt to call Global Tel Link to ask.

There are others on this blog that know way more than I do on the subject and I am sure they will be posting to help you out.

Oh, one more thing. When you are looking for your LO's location on Offender Connect just use the TDOC choice. It covers Morgan Co. and most of the state's prisons.

Good luck, I know anything you have to do to communicate is way more complicated than it should be.

Last edited by InFL; 07-27-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 AM

Default More on phone calls to Morgan

Here is the thread name to read all about phone call options and anything phone related:

Tennessee Prison Phones, Packages & Mail (2 Viewing)
Use this forum to discuss Tennessee prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
sandy4mark

Default morgan county on lockdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzchell View Post
im new to this my man is there
does anyone know why Morgan County is on lockdown? I got a call today, very short stating that they let him call to tell me that they were going on lockdown again. He said they were standing right there and they only gave him 2 minutes to talk. then he asked me to call and let his brother know and he said to tell his brother he would get the address to him as soon as he can. Does that mean that they are moving him somewhere else? He has been at Morgan county for 1 year but he has been in the tennessee prison system for 26 years so far. he has a life sentence for murder.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy4mark View Post
does anyone know why Morgan County is on lockdown? I got a call today, very short stating that they let him call to tell me that they were going on lockdown again. He said they were standing right there and they only gave him 2 minutes to talk. then he asked me to call and let his brother know and he said to tell his brother he would get the address to him as soon as he can. Does that mean that they are moving him somewhere else? He has been at Morgan county for 1 year but he has been in the tennessee prison system for 26 years so far. he has a life sentence for murder.
Have you heard anymore about the lockdown?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
they are looking for cell phones again & someone reported had a gun brought in. Dont know if there is any truth to the gun part but i do know for sure about the cell phone issue
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 AM

furious and heated wife
can anyone tell me my hubby is at mccx and they just moved him to a new unit which is on the compound and that cell mate has been there in the system for over 39 years and at mccx for 1 year and they put my hubby in the same cell with man and they shack down the cell and this man had got a write up and they brought my hubby a write up to but he just got in there not even a week why is this so....... my hubby didn't sign for it, but the cellmate has been caught before on it my thing is will they try to still give it to my hubby when he go up to the d-board.. this is some bull-shit that if your cell mate gets caught and they got to write you up to. if they put you in there with some one who has life and more years than you and they don't care about write ups this shit needs to be changed. and the cell mate has been written up on these charges before......
Old 10-31-2016, 09:02 AM

Did your fiancé make parole? Was this after a parole violation or his initial parole? New to the site, not a lot of ppl posting from 2016, all the posts here are old. Is there a new forum that eveybody is on nowadays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJsWifey View Post
Yes, my fiance is MCCX, and goes up for parole in October.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:07 AM

Was he back on a parole violation? How long did they require him to do? Did he get re-paroled?
Quote:
Old 03-01-2019, 12:16 PM

My grandson is there. He calls wanting money sent a few times a week. Anyone else running into this?
Old 03-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,452 Times in 2,938 Posts

If he's asking for money a lot, I would be very concerned that he'd gotten into gambling or gangs or drugs or was being extorted. There's not much they can buy and $50 - $100 should easily get them by from one month to the next.

If he's spending that much money, I would definitely ask some pointed questions about what he's spending the money on. If he's new there, then there are things that are needed that can be expensive. If he's been there more than 6 months or so, he shouldn't need to be calling "a few times a week" asking for money.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
If he's asking for money a lot, I would be very concerned that he'd gotten into gambling or gangs or drugs or was being extorted. There's not much they can buy and $50 - $100 should easily get them by from one month to the next.

If he's spending that much money, I would definitely ask some pointed questions about what he's spending the money on. If he's new there, then there are things that are needed that can be expensive. If he's been there more than 6 months or so, he shouldn't need to be calling "a few times a week" asking for money.
He is asking for up to 1000 at a time. Yes he says he owes it. And it is to big name gangs! He is in for theft and drugs.
We have wondered if he was using in there
Of course, he says no. Gets wrote up alott and kicked out of TCOM.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:04 PM

Default MCCX violence

Anyone else have loved one at MCCX being beaten for not paying demands for money?
It is gang related. The guards are turning their heads and one even laughed. They let ppl in his cell to beat him. Afraid to file complaint for fear of making things worse. We don't know how to handle this. Wants hundreds of dollars frequently.

Last edited by Ragdoll00; 04-08-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Old 04-08-2019, 08:28 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,429 Times in 15,880 Posts

Ragdoll00, I hate this for you and I'm sure your heart is breaking for him. Its up to him to request PC or a transfer....but neither of those is going to help if he continues the same behavior - it sounds like drugs to me. Please don't go broke trying to "save" him by paying his debts. In doing so, he'll just need more and more money until you're flat out broke. Take care of you first & foremost. Put him on a budget, tell him that's all he gets per month period.

I don't know of any prison that will even let you put $1000 on an inmate's books. If he tells you to send it to someone outside Do NOT do it. That can get you in legal trouble.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 04-08-2019 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: add word
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-09-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 PM

Thank you for your input. We too fear it is to pay for drugs but it is heartbreaking to hear him beg and say they are going to kill him.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:08 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

I know how you feel .....different situation, but I've had that helpless feeling when my daughter was strung out on heroin. And you're right, its heartbreaking, gut-wrenching.My daughter was so very good at manipulating and lying to get money (or anything of value).

If you're comfortable doing so (I would not be), you could call the Chaplain at the facility and request a wellness check. I don't know if that would encourage your grandson to ask the Chaplain for help or not, but it would give him an opportunity to ask.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Thank you. He has meth and cocaine problem. Not comfortable contacting anyone there. I have in the past and it makes things worse on him. The employees seem to be on "the gangs" payroll. Thanks for the caring advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragdoll00 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 09:21 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Keep your chin up....maybe he'll wake up & smell the burnt toast on his own, and soon!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-09-2019)