Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:03 PM
wifey

Default Immigration at airport

I am coming over to visit my husband when I get to immigration at San Francisco
Airport do I tell them I'm visiting my husband in prison or do I just say I'm over on vacation
Someone told me to say I'm on vacation another said tell the truth can someone advise me
Old 05-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,437 Times in 1,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonno1 View Post
I am coming over to visit my husband when I get to immigration at San Francisco
Airport do I tell them I'm visiting my husband in prison or do I just say I'm over on vacation
Someone told me to say I'm on vacation another said tell the truth can someone advise me
Not sure they'll ask in so many details....at least for me when I arrived at LAX for my last visit, the Officer just asked me if I was there for business or pleasure...I said pleasure, and he told me to enjoy my stay (I am not married but was also visiting my LO amongst other travels).

Then again, you're not doing anything illegal by visiting your husband so there's really no reason to hide it. If it comes out that you're visiting your husband you will probably just need to show them proof that you have a return ticket back home (they might ask this randomly from anyone regardless of the reason for travels), maybe a letter from your employer showing you have to be back at work on date X...ya know, things to show that you have ties to your home country and are not planning on immigrating/overstaying in the U.S. during this trip, being that you're married to an American citizen If you guys have started immigration process for your spouse visa, bring your case # with you, that'll show them that you are working on immigrating in a legal way. In my opinion the best policy with immigration is always honesty because they do type down your responses in to their system, and whenever you travel back it's all there for them to check...and they are very keen on getting hung up on discrepancies in people's statements as it brings about the question why someone would be lying about anything.

Hope you enjoy your visit

Last edited by Sarianna; 05-15-2019 at 01:18 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-15-2019), missingdee (05-17-2019), sharonno1 (05-15-2019)