Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

View Poll Results: Do you think he got too much time for what he did?
YES, I think his sentence was way too harsh. 2,420 86.34%
NO, I think his sentence was pretty fair. 206 7.35%
NO, I think his sentence was lenient. He got lucky! 177 6.31%
Voters: 2803. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2006, 10:52 PM

I think my man got a pretty faor sentence. He was given 2 and 1.2-5 years for Sale of a Controlled substance while he was on parole. It could have been alot worse, but of we had some money for a decent lawayer, i think he could have gotten alot better

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygurl919
Just curious. Do you think your man got too much time for what he did? . . . Anyways, so do you think your man's sentence was too harsh or do you think it was fair?
I never thought about it but apparently the DOC has been doing something because instead of my husband coming home in 2008, because they gave him too much time he'll now be coming home next year in 2007!!
Old 03-11-2006, 11:47 PM

Carlos got 9 years for burglary of a dwelling...and it wasn't even occupied!! Plus he had some tickets for having a sword he had in a car that he'd bought from a flea market and for running a red light....and since he'd been in trouble when he was 17 and served 1 1/2 yrs in the state pen...i suppose they considered him a repeat offender.....i mean really!! NINE YEARS for this??? I see rapist and child molesters get less!!! So not fair!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Waiting patiently

Yes, but then again I don't really understand how they determine how much time someone gets. His crime wasn't all that extreme, in my opinion, yet he got a horrible sentence. I say the judge was just having a bad day...

Old 03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Loving Him for Life!!

My baby's sentence was unfair, there was a guy who did the same thing my baby did (possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute) where we live at the only difference is that the other guy had a violent history and the judge gave him 2 years, when it came to my baby's case the prosecutor was trying to give him 25 years because everything that he asked my baby he had an answer for, anyway the judge gave my baby 15 years with all but 9 suspended. I did some research and got the guidlines for his type of crime and it says that the most he should have receive was 4 years, 1 month!!!!! I have to be without my baby until 2012 and VA laws really SUCK!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Closed

Yes and No. I think the sentences them selves were somewhat appropriate considering the nature of the crime. However I think the structure could've been different.
He essentially had two separate incidents, one where the charges are concurrent and the other set of charges is all consecutive.
I think they should have been run concurrent as well, making for a maxiumum sentence of 20 years. (The two separate occurrences totalled 10 years each concurrently, then 20 if they are consecutive to one another).

So 20 years would've been far more fair than 32 years. And he probably would've been home by now.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Life DOES Go On! :)

Yes, he definitely got too much time. And yes, if the sentence he received was appropriate he'd be home by now with me.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:48 PM

Wow the American system is HARSH. May man got 3 years for crimes i just read your guys got 10 or more for. Up here he only has to serve 1/3 of his time behind bars if he behaves.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:20 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,163 Times in 6,852 Posts

My hubby to be got 10-34 yrs which i think is wayo too much because of his age at the time was just shy of 2 months past his 17th birthday!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
GO Yankees!!

My husband got 20 years, which i think was to harsh when i think so far out of everything i have been looking at the maximum everyone has been getting is 10-15 years..
Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 AM

Oh Yes!! My man's no angel, but some "friends" set him up and he got busted with 6 grams and got a 16 yr sentence. There's people all the time that commit violent crimes and get less than that.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:18 PM

yes my man sentence was rediculous he got nine for home invasion and fleeing and aluding!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

Yes, I know he recieved too much time..
considering he did not do what he was convicted of.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:25 PM
*Waiten-For-My-Baby*

Yea the law is all messed up in general! My boyfriend was only a juvenile when he got all of his charges and thier trialing him for an adult for everything! It's crazy! I have no idea how long he could get!!
Lovin My Baby Always!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:06 AM

Yes he got 6 months this time for a p.v. All he did was be around me. I don't think they should've gave him anytime for that. Theres no protective order or anything, just because me and his parole officer don't like each other he made it a special condition of parole. He would have just got done doing a 9 month sentance just 1 month b4 for the same violation.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Heck YEAH, He got way to much time. He was 17 no prior record, His friend went into the store and murdered a man because my honey was there even though he tried to stop what was happening he was given life and a 10year sentence for robbery. And like he says yes he should have served time for being ther and for the robbery but not to serve the rest of his life for a life he did not take. I have asked the Govenor of our state is it fair for two men to give up their life for the life of one? I do not by any means condone what happened. But lets be real. Punish the one who did the crime. Not 2 for 1.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:35 AM

Of course,I'm going to say my man got toooooo much time. But I'll let you decide. He has to serve a 17 years of a 20 year sentence for conspiracy charges!!! Didn't get caught with anything, just becuz a hater said so!!!!!!! The laws are really twisted. I don't understand how people with violent crimes get sentenced less time than someone who just has people who "say" he did a crime????????!!!!!!!!!????? None of this make sense to me. And then he still has to be on paper for another 3 years!!!!!?????
Old 06-16-2006, 01:28 AM

Angry too much time

i've been with my boyfriend since i was 14 and the thought of him spending any more time in prison sickens me. He got locked up when he was 18 on an intent to distribute charge and got a 5 year sentence. It amazes me how a man can kill somebody and get 6 months, but a man that sells a little cocaine to support his family and pay for college gets 5 years. My boyfriend Lucky is in Southampton in va and is extremely smart but now i am afraid that there will not be any real opprutunities for him when he gets out. it amazes me how the state says they are rehabiltated when they're released yet they still get punished for the rest of their lives for a mistake they made when they were young. He gets out in dec of '07 and its been almost 3 years and hasnt gotten any easier. we as women need to find a way to get the government to give our men job opportunities to where they can support their families because they deserve it.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:36 AM

I should feel lucky then, thats sounds exactly like what happened to my fiance'/father of my child, he was with two other guys that went into this bar to rob some people. The two guy's had guns and he didn't, but what made him look guilty was he ran when the police arrived and they put the dogs on him, they didn't find anything on him but some damn credit card.... He got 8 years and won't be eligiable for porale until Sept. 1, 2009, right before our daughter turns 5 years old! I think he got too much time considering no one got hurt and he didn't have a gun.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:53 AM

Default The System Is All About Making $$$

I had a friend tell me that, the criminal justice system is all about making money, our men who have never been in trouble before a day in their lives go to jail for some bullshit get 5,8,10-25 years and these men with wrap sheets longer than my arm get a slap on the wrist. They may get any where from 200 days- 2-3 years on a cocaine charge or a fire arm or marijuana charge. Why because they know they're going to get out and mess up again, come right back and put more money in to their pockets! THE TEXAS CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM IS A BUNCH OF CRAP!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
http://tickers.TickerFact

My Bf Got Off Really Easy, He Only Got 2o Months, And He Violated His Probation, Possession Of Stolen Property,possession Of Cocaine With Intent To Distribute And Possession Of Marijuana With Intent To Distribute
Old 09-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Soldado got 30 years and NO he didnt murder anyone...DRUG charges..multi offender.He's given back 15 of those 30...he's done 10 and im determined to try and give back these last 5.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Loving Him Always

My bf think that he got too much time for what he did. He got caught with a "8-ball" whatever that is I know it was drugs but I don't know the seriousness of the crime. and he got 5 years has to do 2 1/2.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Faithfully his...

I know my husband did what he was convicted of... and over all I think it's a pretty fair sentencing.... Even though it's a long time... it was fair for his crime I think...

1st Prize Texas Treasure Hunt

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!

"I'll LOVE you FOREVER, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."
Old 09-04-2006, 01:52 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

I have a friend who's man is in jail right now...Im not sure what the charges were but they robbed a junkyard and killed the owner...NOW first WHO IN THE HELL WOULD ROB THE JUNKYARD..but my friends man was the shooter in an accomplice i guess...he got 2-3 years and Soldado is rotting away in Angola in shackles, in his cell 23 hours a day because of DRUGS...NO JUSTICE!