Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

View Poll Results: Do you think he got too much time for what he did?
YES, I think his sentence was way too harsh. 2,420 86.34%
NO, I think his sentence was pretty fair. 206 7.35%
NO, I think his sentence was lenient. He got lucky! 177 6.31%
Voters: 2803. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
6 years strong <3

Default Do you think s/he got too much time in prison for what s/he did?

Just curious. Do you think your man got too much time for what he did? I know I definitely do. I mean, I know he DID commit his crime but I think his sentencing was WAY too harsh (he got 7 years). :shake: Especially when I read about these people who did much worse things (in my opinion) and got less time than him. Anyways, so do you think your man's sentence was too harsh or do you think it was fair?

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to babygurl919 For This Useful Post:
Baer (04-13-2015), Believeinchange (01-20-2014), BetMichele (01-21-2014), carla lawniczak (11-12-2010), chocolatedream2 (04-12-2011), CleanDream (09-05-2015), His Girl 4 lyfe (05-14-2011), Idreamofhim (08-21-2013), jformoso999 (01-23-2013), krystal2982 (04-26-2014), KrysW (11-27-2008), liamu45 (02-17-2014), LimeTiger (01-21-2013), Mer78 (08-26-2013), Miss AJ (02-20-2014), misspriss619 (01-12-2012), mothersharon (03-25-2017), roscoe1986 (05-15-2014), rosepetals (01-04-2016), Sarahmw999 (02-12-2015), SEXY127 (05-13-2009), Waitin4MyPrince (02-02-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2005, 09:32 PM
He COMPLETES Me!

Angry

I know that my husbands sentence was toooooooo harsh. My husband recieved 30 years!!!!! He's not even eligible for parole until 2015.......He didn't even commit murder or not even close......the system SUCKS!!!

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to JohnBrandi4life For This Useful Post:
davis2007 (09-01-2009), JacynAlways (06-09-2009), Kimi06 (12-08-2008), krystal2982 (04-26-2014), Mayone (04-17-2010), Miss AJ (02-20-2014), MonalovesMiguel (03-16-2013), mrs.esparza69 (08-15-2013), msladyj75 (01-16-2012), number one son (12-08-2008), onedayatatime89 (05-07-2013), queenkk (10-11-2008), Randy2380 (08-15-2013), sunshyne86 (09-15-2012), urXXBabyXXGirl (01-07-2011), waitin4mybaby20 (05-16-2010)
Old 06-10-2008, 10:47 PM

Default i agreeeeee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrandi4life View Post
I know that my husbands sentence was toooooooo harsh. My husband recieved 30 years!!!!! He's not even eligible for parole until 2015.......He didn't even commit murder or not even close......the system SUCKS!!!

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
my man got 30 years also........10 b 4 he is able to go up!! drugs...but pfo hurt him....even tho this is his first time going to prison!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
his sweetness always

i think that what my husband got sucks but i think it is fair. except one thing...his co defendant that he has known for 15 years (since the guy was a kid) snitched on him and only served 6 months to my husbands 6 years. i think that is bull.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 PM

my husband received 30 years as well and wont be eligible for parole until december 2016 and he doesn't want me to do a lot to help him try to get out out prison before that. All he says is that he has it and doesn't want me to handle his case.

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Luvs Her Pen Pals

I live in England and think your system is way too harsh, especially when it comes to prison sentences. And once your in prison they make it hard for you to get out......what with time added on amongst other things.
The parole system is just as bad, its like they dont want to let people out. I really feel for prisoners in America and think that all you men and women that stick by your partners through thick and thin should be applauded. I know that its just as hard for you when a loved one is locked up.
Tanya
Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Loving My MWI 4 LIFE

Unhappy I feel u jb

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
It upsets me so much when i think about how wrong they have done my baby....He is not a bad person and his sentence was 30 years as well same TPM year too, but We have been prayin and maybe real soon he will be home because we have been writing to the parole board and asking them to reconsider him because he has learned his lesson...he has already done 1/3 of that time...Its goin on 11 years.

I mean Hello...how much are they goin to put him thru and make him serve?

~Mz.Davis~

Hopefully everything works out good, and he will be HOME in DEC...Im claimin it and i know MY GOD can work MIRACLES!!!

Keep the FAITH...AND EVERYTHING will be OKAY!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 AM

out of those 30 years how much time will he have to do? Did he even try and appeal. My fiance was convicted of Racketeering 30 years and we are appealing it. They just took him out of the county jail and he's in Orlando. I dont know how long it takes to classify him. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Angry I know your pain!

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
my friend went through the same thing! he is currently in prison and has done 16.2 years he got life with out parole. He never commited the crime but because he heard about it from his so called friends he went down for an accomplice. I agree with the system being crappy and yet they let molesters rome. I am wondering if he will ever get out? or has he been forgotton into the syestem?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:36 PM

My 18 year old daughter got WAY TOO HIGH of a sentence. She basically got a phone call from someone she had been around 3 times, he asks her for a ride, she shows up - him some other guy and some girl are smoking meth (my daughter doesn't smoke meth and this dude never did that in front of her before), they have guns, and basically tell her to drive, The two guys go in somewhere (my daughter doesn't know where they went - she sat in the car - but there was a car down the street with someone in it so she couldn't leave cuz she may have been being watched - and they knew where we lived) and these two dudes commit a home invasion burglary.

So my daughter got 70 months. She is eligible for good time - so could be anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years. Looks like the others are getting 7.5 to 10 years - no good time though - day for day.

My daughter had no idea what they were planning, they had conversations outside of her ear shot. My girl did what she had to - to stay alive. Kept her mouth shut.

The DA and the Judge said she was just as guilty because "no one put a gun to your head" - and that's what they even said to her - in front of me!

My daughter graduated high school in the IB program, got straight As her first term in college, worked, had her own car, and played Rugby. Not saying she is a saint or anything - but she was on the right track. She had NEVER been in trouble with the law before - that's for sure!

Somehow got introduced to some real knuckleheads!! Oh, the guy that called her got busted driving the stolen car the next day (idiot) and basically ratted on everyone else - said my daughter was all in on it!!! Lies... He thinks he is going to get a better deal from the DA - he won't.

It sucks for her because she really is innocent. She even begged one of the guys not to take a gun.

I know, under the circumstances, I would have done the exact same thing. How you just gonna leave and say "Oh see ya guys, I'm not down with this." Are you kidding me?? EVEN her own attorney (which we hired) said "Oh, I would have just left" - really Mr. Born With a Silver Spoon - you would have shat and pi$$ed yourself and started crying and begging and done whatever you were told to do!! Obviously he has never been around 3 people he doesn't know that are high on meth, waving guns around, talking about robbing someone. I would love to see him, the DA, and the Judge in that situation - and see just how they go along with it. They'd be crying and begging for mercy though - which would just make it worse for them.

It just amazes me how the DA, the Judges, etc. all cast blame on people and situations. AND THEY know nothing about how the streets work/operate/etc. They HAVE NO CLUE!!! They are so far removed from reality sitting behind their little j-o-b-s. Haven't a CLUE!!!

The whole thing makes me sick!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:38 AM

Default Too Much Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKitty65 View Post
My 18 year old daughter got WAY TOO HIGH of a sentence. She basically got a phone call from someone she had been around 3 times, he asks her for a ride, she shows up - him some other guy and some girl are smoking meth (my daughter doesn't smoke meth and this dude never did that in front of her before), they have guns, and basically tell her to drive, The two guys go in somewhere (my daughter doesn't know where they went - she sat in the car - but there was a car down the street with someone in it so she couldn't leave cuz she may have been being watched - and they knew where we lived) and these two dudes commit a home invasion burglary.

So my daughter got 70 months. She is eligible for good time - so could be anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years. Looks like the others are getting 7.5 to 10 years - no good time though - day for day.

My daughter had no idea what they were planning, they had conversations outside of her ear shot. My girl did what she had to - to stay alive. Kept her mouth shut.

The DA and the Judge said she was just as guilty because "no one put a gun to your head" - and that's what they even said to her - in front of me!

My daughter graduated high school in the IB program, got straight As her first term in college, worked, had her own car, and played Rugby. Not saying she is a saint or anything - but she was on the right track. She had NEVER been in trouble with the law before - that's for sure!

Somehow got introduced to some real knuckleheads!! Oh, the guy that called her got busted driving the stolen car the next day (idiot) and basically ratted on everyone else - said my daughter was all in on it!!! Lies... He thinks he is going to get a better deal from the DA - he won't.

It sucks for her because she really is innocent. She even begged one of the guys not to take a gun.

I know, under the circumstances, I would have done the exact same thing. How you just gonna leave and say "Oh see ya guys, I'm not down with this." Are you kidding me?? EVEN her own attorney (which we hired) said "Oh, I would have just left" - really Mr. Born With a Silver Spoon - you would have shat and pi$$ed yourself and started crying and begging and done whatever you were told to do!! Obviously he has never been around 3 people he doesn't know that are high on meth, waving guns around, talking about robbing someone. I would love to see him, the DA, and the Judge in that situation - and see just how they go along with it. They'd be crying and begging for mercy though - which would just make it worse for them.

It just amazes me how the DA, the Judges, etc. all cast blame on people and situations. AND THEY know nothing about how the streets work/operate/etc. They HAVE NO CLUE!!! They are so far removed from reality sitting behind their little j-o-b-s. Haven't a CLUE!!!

The whole thing makes me sick!!!
Now this really sounds like she got too much time and I cannot understand the rationale behind how much time they are doling out to different people. From what I can see this is a relative small town and probably small town mentality, therefore, they feel they pretty much can do whatever they want. I have heard of people that have committed murder getting out sooner than others for lesser charges. I do not see how they can grant sentences like they do without taking in account the background of the individual. Our prison, jail and juvenile system needs some serious checking into. They need to swap some that have earned their way out to swap with some of the child support offenders so they can see what the hard life is really like and not just let them out because the jail is overcrowed. Good luck to your daughter
Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 PM

Red face

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02

almost same for me. i know that he wasnt an angel and been in trouble before but never did any hard time before this. He got 30 years for sexual assault and 10 for deadly conduct. parole 2019. hoping to get time cut when he comes up this december Prayin he gets time cut!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:41 PM

The court system is a crock of crap! A fifteen year straight on two simple possession cases! Don't come up for parole til 2015! And thats after moving the original parole date from Nov 2011! He should be home and now Im so lost as what to do!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
Hi Brandi....I remember you from the Jester Unit marriage Seminar..
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
I feel you. 30 years here, too....for selling drugs. Yes, I know drugs are bad mmmmkay? But 30 years?! He was so young too. <sigh>
Old 05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
So unfair....my husband too received 30 years and didn't commit crime...2027...is board date....I'm so sad
Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 AM

My man got 52 to life for robbery with no weapon it's his 3rd offence. It sucks...he's 18yrs down and no parole hearing in the near future.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Brandi

ONE LOVE 04-01-02
I met my girlfriend through pen pals. How much time seems to be subjective. If I was a victim of drugs, sex offense, or murder there will always be someone will say they should rot in there. My girlfriend who was married at the time of her crime with her second husband committed incest and got 50 years. I guess what I'm saying is, when is enough, enough. She got more then a murderer. When she gets out will registered and wear ankle braclet life time probation. Sure what she did was bad. But what happens after so much time in they come out worst. I have compassion. 93% of all sex offenses are with family or people they know. Fix the family dont destroy them.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Forever loving my Cowboy!

Yeah I think he got to much time! It was his first offence never been introuble before in his life we was hoping for maybe probation but he got 8 right off tha bat! and he has almost served four when we got our lawyer she said he should have made parole #1 this is #3 we are waiting on a answer as we speak!Oh I Pray!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts

Without a doubt my husband received way too much time for his offenses. There are people in the same prison who have committed more serious crimes and got less time than he did.

Although he is guilty, it was a matter of who the victim of the crime was, purely politics was all it was about and continues to be for anyone who committs a crime against someone in public life.

There is something very wrong with our sentencing guidelines for real. They may work for some people, but it sure did not work for my husband.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
krystal2982 (04-26-2014), Miss AJ (02-20-2014), Shygirl4joker13 (07-10-2017)
Old 08-03-2005, 11:15 AM

My husband got 28 months for a drug related offense. Considering what his offenses were, I do feel this is too much time, but I am thankful because I know it could always be a lot worse. Prior to this bid, he served 5 years. When the judge made his decision, he factored in that "he still hasn't learned!" Thank God this will all be over in 7 months!!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Closed

I do believe my man got way 2 much time. he got 11 yrs and he didn't even go into the house that his SO CALLED friends robbed! i really do hate the system and the solicitor who thought my man deserved to get 11 yrs!!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWifey View Post
My husband got 28 months for a drug related offense. Considering what his offenses were, I do feel this is too much time, but I am thankful because I know it could always be a lot worse. Prior to this bid, he served 5 years. When the judge made his decision, he factored in that "he still hasn't learned!" Thank God this will all be over in 7 months!!

My man got ten years for drugs... it was his first offense and he didnt get caught with very much.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWifey View Post

My guy got 10 years for personal use only drug charge, not sales, not moving, just using at home. Yes, that was 10 years. This is his first contact with law enforcement, ever.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
rlwhitmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl350 View Post
Without a doubt my husband received way too much time for his offenses. There are people in the same prison who have committed more serious crimes and got less time than he did.

Although he is guilty, it was a matter of who the victim of the crime was, purely politics was all it was about and continues to be for anyone who committs a crime against someone in public life.

There is something very wrong with our sentencing guidelines for real. They may work for some people, but it sure did not work for my husband.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Same thing happened with my husband. He got 35 years for a DWI accident. Everyone lived and are doing fine. He got more time than the last 4 people in this county who killed someone while drinking and driving. But, as in your case, it was who he harmed and election time was just around the corner. Guess what judge and DA got re-elected? Good ol' Texas, huh? Just praise God that everyone is alive and well.