Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Nevada that do not fit into any other Nevada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Default NDOC / OMD denying him CT status due to dismissed charge. Need Help!

My son is in NDOC. OMD is denying him CT status and he is ewligable to go to a program. OMD :s reasoning is due to his psi report done by P ANd P. Now in the ARs it states you will be denied CT staus if you have instant offense violence. On my sons case he has no violence. But the way P n p put it on his psi there nwas na different case and case number they added on his psi to this case and the charges were totally dismissed from it. Althpough it contasined a presumed violent nature. Now his current sentence that he is doing time on they are asaying they are denying him due to the violence in the preveios case even though it was dismissed and saying the events lead up to his current case. Help me. They are going out of their own guidelines.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,582 Times in 16,372 Posts

I'm sorry this is happening and that your son is being denied opportunities Dismissed charges are included in your son's Criminal History. The Judge was aware of them at sentencing, P & P, as you know, are aware of them & the Parole Board will also see them when they review his case. It isn't right, it isn't fair, but it is what it is = their house / their rules.

Your son can file a grievance and/or speak with his Counselor, although I doubt either of those things will do any good. Hopefully other members will have more & better advice.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin