Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Exclamation Difficult to find pen package information re:30 days/delivery

Hi there,

I have been trying to Google information about federal inmate personal property, pen packages, delivery etc. There is limited information available that seems to explain the process of pen packages.

I am mostly concerned about the protocol around the delivery of pen packages to federal institutions. I am finding conflicting information about how many boxes can be sent, and if they can arrive at separate times etc.

I have sent 3 boxes of property through Canada post this week, within the 30-day time limit. But, I am afraid that the boxes will not be accepted if they arrive on different days and not together in one shipment?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 09:38 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,619 Times in 16,391 Posts

I can't answer your questions about Pen Packs, but I do want to welcome you to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Winter765 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 11:04 AM

No idea of the answer but if you put them into the Canada Post system together and within the 30 day deadline, I don't think you or your loved one in the system should be penalized if Canada Post doesn't deliver them all at once or in time.

If you are wondering whether you can send more boxes because you are within the deadline, I don't know about that.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
No idea of the answer but if you put them into the Canada Post system together and within the 30 day deadline, I don't think you or your loved one in the system should be penalized if Canada Post doesn't deliver them all at once or in time.

If you are wondering whether you can send more boxes because you are within the deadline, I don't know about that.

Hi there, thank you for the reply.

I spent the evening last night trying to scour the internet to find information about pen packages etc. Nothing on the CSC website mentions anything about all boxes being dropped off in one single shipment. I am not sure if individual institutions can have their own rules surrounding this, or if there is a standard rule all follow.

If I had known ahead of time I would have found a way to have all boxes delivered on the same day. Unfortunately, all I was told was the property needed to be at the institution within the 30 days.

It's really stressing me out now. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon. I wish there was much more information for families of incarcerated individuals in Ontario.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winter765 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-11-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 08:19 AM
OnparoleinTO

I don't know the answer to this either but I think you should be OK. They aren't very quick about going through the stuff and delivering it to prisoners - but then they aren't quick about doing anything that's to the benefit of a prisoner.
The Following User Says Thank You to onparoleinTO For This Useful Post:
Winter765 (06-14-2019)