Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:38 AM

Default Spousal immigration

I was wondering if anyone knew, when you apply and your husband is incarcerated, which address do you use because obviously you are not living with him. Also will emails and visits and mail be enough proof? Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2019, 08:42 AM

My experience with it , they didnt even look at the “proff” we brought. We took it out & our interview was like “i dont need to actually see the proof , i can tell you guys are legit by your interaction with each other. Every interviewer is different though, your proof is yours. They look mainly for length, if you’re involved with family , if the person has children are you apart of their lives. Every couple is different but they can sense if its true or not
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydavid410 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew, when you apply and your husband is incarcerated, which address do you use because obviously you are not living with him. Also will emails and visits and mail be enough proof? Thanks everyone
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,567 Times in 2,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydavid410 View Post
Hi there - have you read through this thread? Probably you have but just in case Lots of invaluable information in there.

You (both) will use your own true address when you go through the Visa application process

If I remember correctly you've mentioned in other threads that you're planning on visiting him for the first time later on this year & getting married next year? Keep everything on file for yourself for the application process; e-mails, travel documents from all your visits to him, possible photos during your visit, your phone records (with him and his family plus his friends if you are in touch with them). I would take the approach that whatever proof you can collect in order to show the authenticity & length of your relationship and then your marriage, it can't hurt

Be sure also to read about the co-sponsor issue if that applies to you

jordan321 - where did you immigrate from & when? Just curious because the U.S. Consulate interviews may vary depending on which country you are doing them in. You also mention you were told during the interview that your interaction could be seen as legit by the person who interviewed you at the Consulate; your husband-to-be was there too? Hopefully I am not misunderstanding kellydavid410 here but I believe she's asking about the application forms you fill in for the spousal Visa process and subsequent interview (when the person you have married is incarcerated in the U.S. and she herself is a foreigner and still living abroad). The incarcerated person will definitely not participate in the interview at the foreign person's local U.S. Consulate....then again, perhaps your route was different?

Last edited by Sarianna; 05-30-2019 at 11:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-30-2019), kellydavid410 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 01:56 PM

That's true, every place is different and have different rules. Mexico.
We had 2, week long visits. One before our marriage and one for our wedding. Yes, we were both there, as it was requested.
But that's true, I wonder what process they have to see which ones are not genuine. I imagine people have tried to use an inmate as means to get a visa/green card because how can they proof the letters are fake if that's all that they have is letters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
jordan321 - where did you immigrate from & when? Just curious because the U.S. Consulate interviews may vary depending on which country you are doing them in. You also mention you were told during the interview that your interaction could be seen as legit by the person who interviewed you at the Consulate; your husband-to-be was there too? Hopefully I am not misunderstanding kellydavid410 here but I believe she's asking about the application forms you fill in for the spousal Visa process and subsequent interview (when the person you have married is incarcerated in the U.S. and she herself is a foreigner and still living abroad). The incarcerated person will definitely not participate in the interview at the foreign person's local U.S. Consulate....then again, perhaps your route was different?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (05-30-2019), Sarianna (05-31-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 02:47 PM

Thanks everyone. I do know for sure that if there is a serious reason like in this case then I can attend the interview by myself. I have both Canadian and Greek citizenship but I will be traveling with my Canadian passport so I can stay 6 months without a visa
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-30-2019), Sarianna (05-31-2019)