Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:10 PM

Default Release "on or after April 1st:" So, when will he be released?

Hi this is my first post on here..unfortunately we are all here for the same reason ..unanswered questions..My question is this my husband had gotta his greensheet a few months back..it states his release date is on or after April 1,2019..Ok just dont get why they cant give us a direct day..my thought is this can they hold him lets just say till june 1 being it says on or after April 1st..Im just super excited to have him home and put all this behind us..ok ..one other question is..he got approved to be released to our home but the thing is this I just sold our home and found a new home around the same area ..I know i have to report the change on behalf of him but will it hold him up ..and if so around about home long being hes still in sci dallas..please help ..thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2019, 06:23 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,247 Posts

Hello and welcome.

The PBPP uses the "on or after" language so as not to be held to a specific date by the multitude of jailhouse lawyers. There are several steps in the release process and once in a while one of them takes longer than usual. Having said that, the odds are probably 99% that he will be released on April 1st.

He has to submit a urine sample. It goes out to a lab. The result is valid for 45 days.

The records office has to do a thorough search to ensure he has absolutely no open warrants or detainers anywhere in the US or with ICE.

The medical department has to give him a final check-up and provide a few days of any prescribed meds.

The field parole agent has to approve the NEW address. (If you don't alert them beforehand, he would be in violation for not going to the approved address.)

If he were to be involved in any wrongful behavior that leads to an investigation or disciplinary custody, his release would be delayed. This happens. In a few cases, people find out someone is leaving and deliberately start a fight.

When absolutely every last item is complete, the DOC notifies the PBPP and the PBPP transmits a final release order -- probably one or two business days ahead of the expected release date. The day before, he will "make rounds" to get a release checklist signed and he will pack his personal property.

One final note: he is not officially paroled until he steps off the prison property. The decision to parole him can be rescinded right up until that moment. Once he steps off the property, parole would have to be revoked, and that creates due process rights.