Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:29 PM

Post If you send your Loved ones packages, what do you send them?

I am a newbie here.
I am not a newbie to the system. I had an ex in prison and Now i'm with someone who has been in jail since October and he will not be getting out until May of 2019. He has asked for a package , I asked him what he wants and he said anything plus hygiene products. I never sent my ex any packages and I just need some ideas for what to order him, he can spend $50 per week on package items.

if you send your Loved ones packages what do you send them ?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,149 Times in 11,761 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Ask him what he needs or wants that he can't get at the prison commissary.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:23 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,313 Times in 2,339 Posts

My love usually fills out the form of everything he wants. Most of the time it's what he's not able to buy from the commissary or what he needs.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:51 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,320 Times in 14,292 Posts

Im not sure if he's in CA and in prison, or jail.
(could be either with that time frame)
If he's in prison (in CA) you can send him quarterly packages. I forget the total amount you can purchase but they have a list of allowed items.

I got warmer socks for my hub, thermals, shorts, soap, shoes, laundry detergent, deodorant.....and food items. (this was over a period of time sooooo)
Some of the things he would have me order like the ramen noodles he would trade for other things he wanted from other inmates.
He also liked me to get him some of the canned meat items. (like tunafish, or sardines..bluck)
You can also send electronics if they are allowed at the place he's at.
It just depends on where he is.
I never got my hub anything while he was in county lock up. I dont think it was allowed back then but that may have changed due to the amount of time they can now spend in county.
If he's in CA, you might want to check out the CA forums
http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-26-2017, 05:57 AM

Donation Award 

Oh and if he's newly arrived at prison and in what is called Reception....he isnt allowed quarterly packages yet. Once he's mainlined he will be.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 08:29 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,545 Posts

Welcome to PTO Judging by the 50 dollars weekly limit I assume he's in county jail? Mine has a weekly limit of 30 bucks in one of the CA counties, so that's why I assume so.... As others have said above though, I think it depends on his preferences and what he can and cannot get from the canteen/commissary. If he's been in since October he should be able to tell you that...or, if he has no opportunity to get anything through commissary, then maybe coffee, Ramen soups and/or noodles (easy to fix with added water), oatmeal, peanut butter squeeze...peanuts...and whatever his favorite sweet treat might be...pop tarts, perhaps?

I quickly learned from my guy what he needed instead of getting him what I thought he might need, but everyone's different....so I think it's better to check with your man to be sure and to not spend your money on something that isn't too much of a necessity
Old 01-24-2018, 01:29 AM

Can someone tell me if i can send a color page printed from my computer my son is in caliwfornia reception he asked for a color book . Im new never have i used this . Also when u send in self addresed envelopes the stamps r stickers is that ok and can my stamp on my letter be a sticker . I USED TO SEND MY SON THE REDBULL MAGAZINE CUZ IT WAS FREE LAST YR WHEN HE WAS IN COUNTY .. MAYBE ITS STILL FREE IF ANYONE WANTS TO SENS IT TO THIER LOVED ONE
Old 01-24-2018, 08:03 AM

Donation Award 

Dont use stickers. Postage stamps are a different matter but dont use the address stickers.
You can send him a book of stamps (try to find a place on the stamps to write his cdcr number if possible, just not on the stamp itself) Or you can buy the envelopes from the Post office that are embossed/printed with a stamp.

You should be able to send a page/pages printed off the internet for him to color.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM

Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,785 Posts

I couldn't send my husband packages while he was in jail. Once in prison I've been able to send quarterly packages and he always calls me with a list.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:46 PM

Thanked 1,493 Times in 600 Posts

I send my son letters with pages from a Suduko puzzle book that I got at Dollar Tree. So far that is allowed but he is in prison, not jail or reception. In a package, we were only allowed to use a service & there were guidelines from the DOC. We could send books through Amazon or Barnes & Noble. I've had no problem sending letters using the sticky stamps (rather than the ones you have to wet to attach). I haven't sent him stamps. He has gotten those through his commissary. You might check with the DOC or his location to see their rules.