Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Strong enough to bend.

Actually we aren't making so much drama out of this. And I was there when you and he got into it and I'm sorry but he isn't the sole reason you got your month off. You both were fighting like kids. Anyway we the ones who come here for support are SHOCKED at WHO did it not that it was BS we all knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfinallyout View Post
Ok let me rephrase that. His type, the way it was typed, did not go along with Nordman. I've been chatting on the internet since I was 14, I can see BS from a mile away.

I knew this was bs, but what I want to know is why people are getting so bent out of shape? Nordman was the sole reason I had a 1 month leave of absence and you guys thought he was a decent person? He got away with everything. I would have never given that man my address. That guy was way way way a freak.

Had I saw that thread I would have laughed. You guys are making too much drama out of this. Hit the "report a thread" button, send it to a mod, and go about your business.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

OKAY, Ladies and Gentlemen-

This has been an unpleasant surprise to many, a number of people feel personally betrayed and what we DO NOT need is to be bickering about how anyone should feel or picking anyone apart over things they've said or felt about GHOTI or Nordmann, now or in the past.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
Calyndula (06-12-2008), loribee13a (06-12-2008), Oldporkbutt (06-15-2008), stillstanding (06-12-2008), Thumper81 (06-11-2008)
Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

I second that. Please no more bickering and stay on topic.

Thank You.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.Glamma For This Useful Post:
Thumper81 (06-11-2008)
Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox73 View Post
Ok - what does "on the lam" mean?

I didn't know Ghoti or Nordmann. I found many posts by Ghoti very useful though and I think he helped a lot of people on here.... let's not forget that.

Can't say I always agreed with him and sometimes I thought he was condescending and arrogant... but I never got the impression he was "unfair".... let alone that he was into juvenile games like this.

As far as trust goes... well this is the internet and people should always be careful about trusting someone on the internet regardless of what went on here.

Having said that... I don't feel betrayed or that I "trust people less" because of this.... this is definitely not the first time I've seen weird members do weird "ish" on here... and it will probably not be the last time either.

Sorry but I NEVER trusted Ghotti and often wondered what I was missing that most everyone else thought he was wonderful. He was condescending and seemed to be an EXPERT on any subject. A know it all? As for Nordmann, I still believe he did not tell the truth. Oh yes I believe he is in jail as an SO but I do not believe the facts he gave or the story he painted. Attention seeking all the way. I do not know what this hoax was supposed to accomplish but it did prove one thing to me. I CAN trust the administration of PTO to take care of this kind of abuse and it is nice to know they were able to uncover this hoax. OH and another thing, I do NOT think we have heard the last of Ghotti or Nordmann.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UBO For This Useful Post:
Calyndula (06-12-2008), cinderella2004 (06-12-2008), irshnrse (06-12-2008), loribee13a (06-12-2008)
Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Altheasskweez

How strange. It's hard to see the point in posting such a ruse, but I'm pretty sure it's not the worst fraud ever perpetrated on PTOers.

Help me understand: why does this matter?

FD
Janey (06-17-2008)
Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Beating the Odds!

Wow.... stunned to say the least. Can't say as I ever thought too much one way or the other. Both were a bit arrogant at times, but never did I expect something like this. Honestly, what was the purpose? Weird and strange........

And a big THANK YOU!! to all the fabulous mods!!! You guys are awesome!

--Tim Lahaye

Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,328 Posts

UBO, I tend to agree with you on this. I don't know what their purpose was but I don't think we've heard the last of them. Three people on here know why Ghoti left and have not spoken (per his e-mail) and one female has or will be getting the story from Nordmann as to why he did this. Reread Ghoti's e-mail to David.
Unless you've given Ghoti or Nordmann personal information that can come back to you, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Trust but trust wisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBO View Post
Sorry but I NEVER trusted Ghotti and often wondered what I was missing that most everyone else thought he was wonderful. He was condescending and seemed to be an EXPERT on any subject. A know it all? As for Nordmann, I still believe he did not tell the truth. Oh yes I believe he is in jail as an SO but I do not believe the facts he gave or the story he painted. Attention seeking all the way. I do not know what this hoax was supposed to accomplish but it did prove one thing to me. I CAN trust the administration of PTO to take care of this kind of abuse and it is nice to know they were able to uncover this hoax. OH and another thing, I do NOT think we have heard the last of Ghotti or Nordmann.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:18 PM

Wow what a tangle that was, this is so unsettling, we all do to a point trust enough to post here, all our intermost fears and feelings. for some it seems to be there life stories or life as such as it is, to end up posted here. I have a very hard time trusting anyone my self. It took alot for me to post, guess it never pays to get to comfortable anywhere.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:23 PM

Personally, I think that we have a few BS artists on the site, especially in LASO. It's a continual issue on the internet. This is an arena that those who have needy personalities and ego issues will always try to use as a stage for their own braggadocio and try to manipulate others in. I agree with some other posters here, we can engage others, but take everything with a grain of salt, and keep your own council above all.

DecafCoffee

Last edited by DecafCoffee; 06-11-2008 at 11:24 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DecafCoffee For This Useful Post:
Judeca (06-12-2008), Lemmons (06-14-2008)
Old 06-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Donation Award 

FEDEX Thanks for being so upfront and honest with us. I think that is total bullshit what the two of them did. I am not here to play games I am here for support! I appreciate you getting to the truth of it.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Glamma View Post
Please no more bickering and stay on topic.

Thank You.
What exactly is the topic? A few people did some bad stuff and got banned. Is that it? Why are we still discussing it? I understand that some people feel betrayed and hurt, but these things happen, ESPECIALLY on the internet.

Thanks to the mods for getting down to the bottom of it, but I fail to see the point in continuing a discussion about it.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Are we having fun yet????

I don't understand.Is Nordmann banned?Did he do anything-does he even know what has transpired here?Were these actions entirely GHOTI'S?I used to like to read Nordmanns posts.I would be truly upset if he was not for real.Sorry if this is off topic,but I am not sure what the topic is.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Sadly missed PTO Warrior
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,322 Posts

Go back and read Davids posts and this thread and you will find your answers.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Calyndula

Thanked 1,052 Times in 669 Posts

I so completely agree. The classy, professional way this problem was handled made me trust PTO MORE, not less. Again, I thank FedEx and his wonderful staff for their sensitive, quick, upfront and honest handling of this situation.

To the poster who asked why it matters: good question. Many of us in a specific part of PTO got to know Ghoti quite well (or so we thought), and it is very hard to get our heads around what he did. There's no more to it than that...we "knew" him better than, I guess, the rest of PTO did. That's all it is.

EDIT: I do agree, it's time to put it behind us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemissing View Post
FEDEX Thanks for being so upfront and honest with us. I think that is total bullshit what the two of them did. I am not here to play games I am here for support! I appreciate you getting to the truth of it.

Last edited by Calyndula; 06-12-2008 at 05:53 AM..
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,239 Times in 15,250 Posts

I am shocked & deeply saddened by all this. I truely like GHOTI....I believe him to be honest, intelligent--very wise--and insightful. I'm sure he had his reasons for this, we just may never know or even understand. Many of GHOTI's post helped me immensely. Sorry to see him go.....

jmho

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM

I think the response to David hints very highly that "Ghoti" is a sociopath. By this remark about him being "predictable and helping Ghoti's cause." Most people associate that term with serial killers and such. However, in truth that only discribes someone who has no remorse for hurting another.

The truth of the matter is a place like this is a fertile hunting ground for people looking to cause havoc. Most of the people come on here with the idea they can open up and trust the rest of us with details that others who are not in our situations can not truely relate to. So those that are not truly trustworthy get a free pass in the begining. Until they prove themselves otherwise.

Just remember, it is not the "fault" of the people who accepted and believed these two; it is completely on their shoulders for using, conning and exploiting the great people who chose to befriend them!

Tahnzie

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahnzie For This Useful Post:
Calyndula (06-12-2008), stillstanding (06-12-2008), StormChild (09-30-2008)
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Strong enough to bend.

I don't see the hint of a sociopath. However I have been thinking. What if he knew that David would post that email for us to read and his "plan" was to make us "suspect" who these 3 people are. Therefore causing us to distrust people. Now if he really did email 3 people that's fine I'm wrong but what if their plan was to cause chaos like he has. And no matter how much we deny it they caused chaos it's up to us for how long we will let it last.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 AM
We're made for eachother!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobriana View Post
I don't understand.Is Nordmann banned?Did he do anything-does he even know what has transpired here?Were these actions entirely GHOTI'S?I used to like to read Nordmanns posts.I would be truly upset if he was not for real.Sorry if this is off topic,but I am not sure what the topic is.
You should read this thread from the beginning if you haven't, if you have you should re-read it. It is pretty much self explanatory...

Here it is in a nut-shell: Nordman IS still in prison, he and GHOTI became "friends" here on PTO and are now pen-pals, Nordman (while in prison) asked GHOTI to post the hoax for him (refer to page 1 of this thread) and GHOTI agreed. GHOTI's been banned and Nordman is in prison, if he isn't banned he should be just on GP...

Hope that helped
The Following User Says Thank You to K2's Lady For This Useful Post:
octobriana (06-12-2008)
Old 06-12-2008, 10:00 AM

PTO has been a place of love, respect, and support for me. It is just so sad that there are people in this world that think playing with other people's emotions and life situations is a BIG joke. Thankfully, FED-X was able to resolve this issue for us and we can continue to build this community in a positive way. We all need to be careful about who we trust and the information that is given out on the internet. PTO is a BLESSING. Let's keep it that way. Grace and Peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzyJFL For This Useful Post:
Calyndula (06-12-2008)
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 AM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

This has given me the reassurance that my internal radar about people is still on point.
Honestly, this was ignorant and juvenile.
It has not shaken my faith in PTO, in the least bit. It has reinforced it.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 AM

I have a couple of things I'd like to say (just to get it off my chest, if I may) Firstly when I first stumbled upon Nordman, something in my spirit didn't feel right about him (not because he is SO) it was the way he... well let's just say the way he refered to specific things in details about his crime and he seemed to minimize the severity of what he did...I felt that right away and I opened up a topic of discussion on it (long story short) it had to be deleted which right now that is fine with me... I just want to say that finding out about this hoax just re-assures ME and helps ME to realize, that I wasn't just being judgemental about him, that I wasn't "throwing stones" at him, I REALIZE THAT MY SPIRIT WAS 100% CORRECT IN WHAT I WAS FEELING ABOUT HIM. I pray for his family and for him to get the help that he SO DESPERATELY NEEDS!!!

As for GHOTI he PM'D me a couple of times but I found that he contradicted himself on numerous occasions, he is a wise person and he did make alot of sense, but I started to become suspicious of him also....

THANK YOU FED-EX for protecting us here on PTO, this community that you "invented" (for lack of a better term ) has helped sooo many people in sooo many ways!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K2's Lady For This Useful Post:
Calyndula (06-12-2008), KD4Ever (06-12-2008), ThatOneChick (06-14-2008)
Old 06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,764 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I am shocked & deeply saddened by all this. I truely like GHOTI....I believe him to be honest, intelligent--very wise--and insightful. I'm sure he had his reasons for this, we just may never know or even understand. Many of GHOTI's post helped me immensely. Sorry to see him go.....
jmho
I'm not sure what your definition of "honest" is but it differs greatly from my own, at least where it concerns GHOTI.

I don't care what his reasons are.. I'm not sure how anyone could justify him playing games like this.. "Honest, wise and intelligent" would be to leave PTO without hurting or upsetting anyone else. "Honest, wise and intelligent" would be to come to myself or someone else on staff if they had an issue with PTO or a member here, not take part in this juvenile charade.

Anyone care to share a reason you feel is justifiable to play a game like this? I'd like to hear what it might be.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,764 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper81 View Post
I don't see the hint of a sociopath. However I have been thinking. What if he knew that David would post that email for us to read and his "plan" was to make us "suspect" who these 3 people are. Therefore causing us to distrust people. Now if he really did email 3 people that's fine I'm wrong but what if their plan was to cause chaos like he has. And no matter how much we deny it they caused chaos it's up to us for how long we will let it last.
I won't give him that much credit, and really, what does this email mean anyway? Its trivial, at best. At most it is going to outline their beefs, gripes and complaints.. Their "reasoning" behind a bogus story and why another chose to publish it. This entire episode will be forgotten in short order. Much worse has happened at PTO in years past and now is water far under the bridge and only a foot note in PTO history. LASO will be a better place with them gone if this is who they were..

It really doesn't matter who these supposed 3 people are. GHOTI is banned. Nordmann's account is closed and I'm not going to waste the time to write him and get his side of the story. If he wants to contact us in 5 years and give his side, he is welcome to. There isn't going to be a shocking ending to this like in the movie Se7en.

My personal guess would be that GHOTI was spending too much time here and may have been "addicted" to coming.. Heck, I am a bit of an addict myself! Probably due to his personality he couldn't walk away on his own so he figured why not facilitate "suicide by staff"..

Of course, I could be completely wrong, but whatever his reasoning behind it and Erik's involvement, their departure is nothing more than a dud if it was ever meant to be much more..
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Fed X.
What are the chances that he'll be able to come back under a different name and start a new con? Or is there a possibility that he's previously set up an identity and is "In Good" already reading all of this and getting his jollies?

I know the IP addresses can be checked, but does the system do that to see if there are duplicate identities using the same IP address?

Thank you,
Tahnzie

Old 06-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahnzie View Post
Or is there a possibility that he's previously set up an identity and is "In Good" already reading all of this and getting his jollies?
Know something...If he IS reading this instead of getting his jollies over this, he should be feeling ashamed of himself, that he joined PTO (a SUPPORT SITE), had people believing in certain things he said, he talked a good talk, came off (or tried to come off) like the good guy, and in the end perpetrated a FRAUD!!! Makes me wonder about Nordman, and his ability to manipulate people, and it makes me wonder about GHOTI and how much of a WEAK individual he must be underneath all those big words he loved to throw around...
The Following User Says Thank You to K2's Lady For This Useful Post:
irshnrse (06-12-2008)
Closed Thread