Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Prison Activism
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Activism What's going on? How to become involved.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 05:21 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,660 Times in 14,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSisEvil View Post
Some people suck at driving even sober. People crash sober all the time.

I haven't hurt anyone, in fact I turned it all around got sober and was helping others. But since they are going to trash my whole life anyway I should just go about hurting anyone who gets in my way cause there is no justice in this world.

If I am going to be pushed for something I haven't done I SHOULD hurt someone to get even.

Wait a minute.....If you have a DL in good standing (not suspended, etc) you have nothing to worry about provided your DL is not suspended in the future and you have to reapply for said DL.
Quote:
New regulations took effect on September 25, 2012 that affect drivers with multiple alcohol/drugged-driving related convictions or incidents. The highlights of how these changes affect persons applying for a driver license after their license is revoked are provided below.
NY DMV

The sanctions are graduated by # of convictions & severity; not all sanctions include lifetime revocation of DL, usually just the top rung. See the DMV link I provided

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (07-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2018, 06:26 PM

Cuomo is pandering for votes, he wants to be president.
Don’t take it personal, he actually could care less about anything but his career.
You sound so very sad, and I get it. So now you need to find someone to talk to to help you cope.
Change the things you can, accept the things you can’t change, and have the serenity to know the difference.
You are alive and feisty. You can do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (07-16-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Wait a minute.....If you have a DL in good standing (not suspended, etc) you have nothing to worry about provided your DL is not suspended in the future and you have to reapply for said DL.
NY DMV

The sanctions are graduated by # of convictions & severity; not all sanctions include lifetime revocation of DL, usually just the top rung. See the DMV link I provided

I did my time, left NY got a license in another state drove on it for years 5 years later I go to renew and find out NY put me on the murder your future driving ban list.

I started a whole new life all that drinking and pill addiction years behind me and then some "just doing my job" psychopath at the DMV tells me NY has a problem and I can't renew. Then I call a NY lawyer and find out they have a new ex post facto law are murdering my future starting 2017 for a mistake in 2009 !

8 years after I clean up my life do all he right things they come back and murder it.
The Following User Says Thank You to NYSisEvil For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
Cuomo is pandering for votes, he wants to be president.
Don’t take it personal, he actually could care less about anything but his career.
You sound so very sad, and I get it. So now you need to find someone to talk to to help you cope.
Change the things you can, accept the things you can’t change, and have the serenity to know the difference.
You are alive and feisty. You can do this.

The serenity prayer ...

I don't go to AA anymore. I don't want to hear a speaker talk about his or her 7 DUIs then watch them get in their car and go home.

I can't even share whats wrong with me or my story, why I feel like using or suicide sometimes cause every time I share at those meetings what NYS did to me I get 15 people telling me its not true and "they can't do that" and useless legal advice.

Last edited by NYSisEvil; 07-15-2018 at 07:02 PM..
Old 07-15-2018, 07:05 PM

Thanked 11,019 Times in 5,974 Posts

Wait...NOW you are blaming the clerk at the DMV for enforcing a provision of Code that you should reasonably have known about when you returned to New York?

Further, from what you describe, the action is NOT because of ONE act on your part. Your refusal to be held accountable is NOT going to win you many fans with the members of the Legislature whom you attempt to lobby...especially when you continue to refer to it as a 'murder your future' and ignore the MANY people who function without vehicles and are not 'begging' for rides.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Wait...NOW you are blaming the clerk at the DMV for enforcing a provision of Code that you should reasonably have known about when you returned to New York?

Further, from what you describe, the action is NOT because of ONE act on your part. Your refusal to be held accountable is NOT going to win you many fans with the members of the Legislature whom you attempt to lobby...especially when you continue to refer to it as a 'murder your future' and ignore the MANY people who function without vehicles and are not 'begging' for rides.

My future is different now, they murdered the one I was going to have and replaced it with daily hardship depression and isolation.

I never returned to NY, I hate that place. The ban list is nationwide. DMV clerk... Just doing my job is called the Nuremberg defense.

I was held accountable, on the day I plead guilty they said one year revocation. THEY broke the law they claim to care so much about with ex post facto.

Are you saying the judge in my case was incompetent when I got my sentence from him ? He could have rejected the plea bargain everyone agreed to.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:00 PM

Until you grow and cope with your actions and reactions you choose to live in this hellish anger.
That's so exhausting.
I hope you find peace.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (07-16-2018), Marseille (07-16-2018), miamac (07-15-2018), onedayatatime13 (07-15-2018), patchouli (07-15-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 05:39 AM

Thanked 11,019 Times in 5,974 Posts

Quote:
My future is different now, they murdered the one I was going to have and replaced it with daily hardship depression and isolation.
People have their life trajectories altered every single day, some by their own actions and some by the actions of others. The ones who succeed are NOT the ones who wallow in their own self-pity.

Quote:
I never returned to NY, I hate that place. The ban list is nationwide. DMV clerk... Just doing my job is called the Nuremberg defense.
OK, so you got suspended and live in a State that is a party to the Compact. There are States that are not parties to the Compact. But suspensions in Compact states mean a suspension or inability to renew in ALL Compact states. Again, this happens to a lot of people over things beyond repeated drinking convictions.

Quote:
I was held accountable, on the day I plead guilty they said one year revocation. THEY broke the law they claim to care so much about with ex post facto.

Are you saying the judge in my case was incompetent when I got my sentence from him ? He could have rejected the plea bargain everyone agreed to.
And yet again, you refuse to acknowledge that administrative sanctions are different from the criminal penalties. The one-year suspension was part of the criminal sanction. The State may decide who is and is not permitted to drive. And at some point in time, people commit enough law violations to lose their driving privilege, in this case permanently (or at least until you successfully petition for reinstatement). Here in Texas, we have lots of permanent suspensions for repeat DWI's when the DPS Medical Board imposes a ban. It's legal. Get over it. Learn to adapt. Overcome it. Others do it, so there is no reason you cannot...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (07-16-2018), Ms Sunny (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
And yet again, you refuse to acknowledge that administrative sanctions are different from the criminal penalties.

Because that is complete horse ___. A punch in the face is a punch in the face no matter what name you put on it. Its like that Judge lady on TV says piss on my leg and call it rain. If I live to be 10,000 years old I will never accept its not punishment only "administrative sanctions."

"Nothing was your own except the few cubic centimetres inside your skull."

"He had surrendered his mind, but he still hoped to retain his heart. He clung to one last shred of hope, that in his heart he could continue to hate the Party, disguise that hatred even from himself and release it into consciousness only at the moment of his execution."

Till the last second of my dying day I will hate "the state of ny" with every fiber of my being and there is nothing they can do about it.

Last edited by NYSisEvil; 07-16-2018 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Took out the s word
Old 07-16-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
DPS Medical Board imposes a ban.
The new Nero will approach us with the silky manners of a doctor, and though all will be in fact as compulsory as the tunica molesta or Smithfield or Tyburn, all will go on within the unemotional therapeutic sphere where words like ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ or ‘freedom’ and ‘slavery’ are never heard.

Even if the treatment is painful, even if it is life-long, even if it is fatal, that will be only a regrettable accident; the intention was purely therapeutic... But because they are ‘treatment’, not punishment, they can be criticized only by fellow-experts and on technical grounds, never by men as men and on grounds of justice.

C.S. Lewis

Till my last dying breath I will hate "the state of ny"
If you are one of the 1000s of people affected by NYS unconstitutional ex post facto DMV thing and find my thread in search results please sign up for this website. What has happened to your life or the person that lead you to search and find this in the first place?

Last edited by NYSisEvil; 07-16-2018 at 08:04 AM..
Old 07-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,106 Times in 7,091 Posts

Quote:
Till my last dying breath I will hate "the state of ny"

And that hate for something you have no control of will consume you and kill you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (07-16-2018), Minor activist (07-16-2018), Ms Sunny (07-16-2018), safran (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,385 Times in 10,941 Posts

NYSisEvil, you area a first-class victim....gotta give you that much.

But, and this seems to keep being beyond your comprehension, you were not driving drunk only the times you were caught. You were driving impaired probably hundreds of times, and only got caught those few. That's Russian roulette with someone else's life, and it's hard to expect the hammer never to fall on a cartridge.

Ah, but this isn't your fault, it's New York's. New York made you drive drunk, over and over. Of course, you could possibly reform your behavior and apply for that certificate, but your hate will keep you from doing that. You need to keep being a victim; apparently that is even more important to you than your addiction.

You do realize how few people here agree with your premise, right?
Old 07-16-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
apply for that certificate

The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution states that no person shall “be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.” The double jeopardy clause bars second prosecutions after either acquittal or conviction, and prohibits multiple punishments for the same offense.

ex post facto law. A law that makes illegal an act that was legal when committed, increases the penalties for an infraction after it has been committed, or changes the rules of evidence to make conviction easier. The Constitution prohibits the making of ex post facto law.

Everyone wants to bust on me for breaking the law but the system that enforces the law breaks it themselves.
If you are one of the 1000s of people affected by NYS unconstitutional ex post facto DMV thing and find my thread in search results please sign up for this website. What has happened to your life or the person that lead you to search and find this in the first place?
Old 07-16-2018, 05:53 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,049 Times in 6,852 Posts

Quote:
The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution states that no person shall “be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.” The double jeopardy clause bars second prosecutions after either acquittal or conviction, and prohibits multiple punishments for the same offense.

ex post facto law. A law that makes illegal an act that was legal when committed, increases the penalties for an infraction after it has been committed, or changes the rules of evidence to make conviction easier. The Constitution prohibits the making of ex post facto law.

Everyone wants to bust on me for breaking the law but the system that enforces the law breaks it themselves.
Last time as it's been said by multiple people in many ways:
This is not a penal law, it's a civil remedy. There is no added conviction, no alteration of your conviction(s) or sentencing. Civil. Scroll down and read the reference materials I linked for you. You're having a breakdown and blaming it on a completely misguided understanding.

But really, you just want to be miserable. Because it was your choice to drive drunk, it was your choice to move out of NY to a contract state, it's your choice to ignore layman's and professional explanations about why your complaint doesn't work and it's your choice to be unhappy.
Best of luck to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (07-16-2018), Ms Sunny (07-16-2018), safran (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
That's Russian roulette with someone else's life, and it's hard to expect the hammer never to fall on a cartridge.
I was a young man with fast reflexes still faster at that point in my life with 3 beers in my gut then the average narcasistic NY douche bag not even looking at the road playing with his phone. Still sharper then alot of people AND highly motivated to be very very careful knowing that if I did crash I would be in very deep shit. Look at the average person on the road spacing out crap hanging on the mirror bald tires blow shocks wipers worn out. I didn't operate like that.

Yes the law is everyone one should be sober and be at there best and I broke it operating at less then my best but you can't paint me as this loose cannon that miraculously did not go off.

Instead of starting with me go to any bar tonight watch people drink walk to their cars and go start with them.

I went through the process and the judge judged it, including my BAC and agreed to the plea bargain including a one year revocation, not life, so I ask you was the the judge in my case incompetent ?

Last edited by NYSisEvil; 07-16-2018 at 06:21 PM..
Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 PM

70,000 people died last year from chemical dependency many of those ODs included alcohol. Nobody asks for this absolute nightmare from the depths of hell where you get to the point of no way out and accidentally kill yourself with it or like me drink enough beer to stop the shaking and anxiety attacks so you can get to the store and get more to make it go away for one more day.

Every one of you reading this that doesn't live in a cave knows someone living the chemical dependency nightmare, go give them hell for being sick and leave me alone.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,049 Times in 6,852 Posts

This thread is now closed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (07-17-2018), Minor activist (07-16-2018), nimuay (07-16-2018), NYSisEvil (07-16-2018), Sarianna (07-17-2018)
Closed Thread