Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Love never fails!!

Default Can a medium security inmate go to a closed security prison?

My husband is medium security and is at the valdosta annex. The warden just approved a hardship transfer for him and now we are waiting to move. We requested Philips because its is just 20 miles from our house, but it is closed security. On the dcor website it says minimum and medium as well though. Can he go there without his security level being raised? We don't want any issues because he has a TPM for august and we dont want parole to see the raised security level and not let him come home.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSmith2009 View Post
My husband is medium security and is at the valdosta annex. The warden just approved a hardship transfer for him and now we are waiting to move. We requested Philips because its is just 20 miles from our house, but it is closed security. On the dcor website it says minimum and medium as well though. Can he go there without his security level being raised? We don't want any issues because he has a TPM for august and we dont want parole to see the raised security level and not let him come home.

Ur husband's transfer will not increase his security level, as long as his does not catch a serious DR or pose a threat to the inmates. The Phillips State Prison does not have an annex like Valdosta. When he get transfer he will stay a medium level unless they decide to change it to a minimum when it time for security rating review.
The Following User Says Thank You to keyakeya03 For This Useful Post:
MrsSmith2009 (05-13-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 PM

Yes. My husband is medium, and he's over at hancock right now. Before that, he was at johnson, and before that, he was at telfair, washington, and coastal... I think all those are close except for coastal or washington... I think they (close security facilities) allow for medium because of available bed space... no real rhyme or reason.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
*Forever*

Everything my way is ok I am trying to fig out how I can go about this issue;
My brother has been ship to GSP GA. State Prison, they have him lockdown behind the door and they raised his security back to close over some stuff that happen at Hays state prison which is where he was in April, the prison he is at now GSP is a medium security prison and they don't house close security inmates so they have placed him in the Hole.. There are other inmates that are in the hole where he is and they have been locked down now for 6to7 mo. because GSP don't hold close security inmates. I have the name of the guy who transdered him not sure is title though. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get him shipped to a closer prison like phillips state prison because all the family he has is elderly and they are not able to travel that far to GSP which is in Redisville GA and we live in Chattanooga TN/ Rinngold GA. I am the only one that would actually be able to travel that far but since I am still on felony probation I am not able to get approved... Im so Confused what to do

*Waiting*