Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Donation Award 

Default Intro to PTO, Oregon

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this system and just wanted to give a little intro. My older brother was sent to Coffee Creek a few weeks ago, should be getting transferred to his more permanent location soon. He's facing 8.5 years for multiple drug crimes and theft charges. He'd been living on the streets of Eugene for the past 2 years and kept getting arrested for possession and intent to distribute but kept getting released due to overcrowding. The theft charges are what finally brought him in for some real time.

I don't know really what to expect, but I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks now and want to say thank you to everyone who has posted helpful information. I pointed my mom in this direction as well and it's been a great help for her understanding how this is going to work and it's just nice to have a (virtual) support system that understands what we are going through!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,956 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslittlesister View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this system and just wanted to give a little intro...
I don't know really what to expect, but I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks now and want to say thank you to everyone who has posted helpful information. I pointed my mom in this direction as well and it's been a great help for her understanding how this is going to work and it's just nice to have a (virtual) support system that understands what we are going through!
Hi - hope that we can answer some questions and offer some helpful insight into the Oregon Correctional System. Glad that you found us.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 PM

Welcome. You found a great place for support and info! Welcome!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Welcome. Is your mom in the Eugene area? We have a face-to-face support group here and there are a lot of parents who attend, as well as spouses, girlfriends, etc.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Donation Award 

unfortunately, neither of us actually live in Oregon. I'm in LA and my mom is in Idaho, 5 hours away from Snake River which is kinda great because she'll be able to visit.