Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:04 PM

Default No phone calls or mail , I'm worried

Hi all this is my first post here , Well basically my oh has not rang me for 3 weeks ...the first week he told me that they didn't order his canteen stuff or phone credit but 2 weeks has gone by and still no phone call and now I've not received mail for over a week ! Surely they can't of made the same mistake 3 weeks on the run ??? I phoned the chaplain today and explained I was concerned as I'd not heard from him when he usually rings me every day so the chaplain rang his wing then rang me back and told me that my oh was fine and not showing any signs of discomfort or stress he seemed absolutely fine , Now I'm just wondering wtf is going on !?! I'm stressed out with all the different scenario's going through my brain to why he hasn't called me
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,611 Times in 4,042 Posts

Hi there, welcome to PTO. if the chaplain says he is ok then that is a positive. Mail can be slow my sons letters can take up to a week. If you man has not called you and he has money available for calls then maybe there is another problem. maybe he has spent hismoney on other things and doesnt realise how worried you are.
I would write to him and tell him how worried you are and ask what is wrong. Hopefully he will respond and let you know whats going on.
Good luck

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 10-03-2015, 03:03 PM

Thank you for your reply maytayah , I have sent him a letter explaining that I'm concerned to why he hasn't rung me , we have children together and this is out of character for him , but like you said at least he's ok that's the main thing

I can't believe I've got another 18 months of this yet
Old 10-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,611 Times in 4,042 Posts

Hi , maybe he just doesnt realise the affect he is having on you. Sometimes they take us for granted. Communication is the key ,let him know how he is making you feel.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 12-09-2015, 08:11 PM

Hello. I'm new here too. It's a shame your having these problems. I also have had this problem. Like maytayah says if the chaplain has checked on him and he's fine that's good news. But the mail issue is unusual.
Are you sure he's getting your letters?

If you write to him regularly you should add in some self addressed first class stamped envelopes so he can write to you back. It gets to you quicker. Some prisons allow this and some don't. It's best to check this out. Prison mail is slow because it's sent second class or by snail mail. It's also worth posting him a £5 /£10 postal order just in case he's spent the money.

I think it's good your in contact with the chaplain as he should be able to help.
If that fails write to the governor for help. Hopefully you should be able to get a response really soon.