Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

View Poll Results: How many in the UK?
How many of you are married? 6 10.00%
Where you married before he was incarcerated? 3 5.00%
After he was incarcerated 9 15.00%
How many of you met as pen pals first? 52 86.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by lisainengland View Post
Hey everyone, I love all the talk about rabbit stew, bangers and mash etc but we do have a chit chat forum for all this
I think maybe I was partly to blame for continuing the chat about rabbit stew & badgers & mash.....not fair JJS takes all the blame...so my sincere apologies...........am heading to the naughty step

Back to topic...........

Hi Tallystar, I am new here too! Nice peeps on here....
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 05:57 AM

Hello everyone,

I hope that you don't mind me posting this request in the forum but my name’s Sarah and I’m currently researching a documentary in the UK, which is about British women who are in relationships with, or have formed relationships through pen pal letters, with men who are currently incarcerated on death row in the US.

The documentary is looking to tell the real life stories and emotions relating to a relationship that is formed, or exists within, such difficult circumstances, and I’m looking to speak to women who are going through this kind of experience at the moment.

If this is something that you might want to talk further about, you can send me a private message and I'm very friendly! I'm also aware of the sensitive nature of these situations, and I will treat each and every person and case with the utmost respect when in communication.

I hope that this post doesn't break any rules in any way.

Many thanks,

Old 03-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,102 Times in 2,639 Posts

Representation of PTO
We are proud of our community and welcome members of the Media or Researchers to enter into dialogue with us about our aims, objectives and site structure.
As this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature towards the families of those incarcerated.
PTO is not a dating site nor is it in any way a campaigning or political community. We are not affiliated to any religious organisation and operate an open door, equal-opportunity environment.
Any representation that suggests otherwise is not acceptable and we ask that you do not use our name in any such article or presentation.

Disclaimer for Members (Media Representatives)
PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any researchers or involved research institution.
PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from a research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.
Members contact media representatives at their own risk and under their own cognisance.

Media/Journalist/Researchers – Requirements for PTO Membership/Acceptable Conduct
PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.
We do, occasionally, allow media/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members.
Any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members.
Members of the media must obtain permission from PTO Administration before posting requests for information and/or contact details.
Media/Researchers who send unsolicited messages or post requests for information without express permission may be removed from this community