Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:16 AM

Default Getting my number cleared - stuck in my own prison cell

Boyfriend has been in prison for a week and 2 days now and I still haven't had my number cleared. The prison tried to phone me the day after he went in but I missed it and I've had nothing since that I've been aware of. I know he's desperate to talk to me as he says so in his letters.
I'm starting to think I'm going to have to stay in by the phone until they ring me again or I'll never get to speak to him. I'm in all day today but tomorrows the weekend. Does anyone know if they are likely to phone me on a weekend? Am I really going to have to stay chained to the phone for days until they phone me?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2016, 12:08 PM

Is there a way you can forward your phone to a cellphone ? That way you won't miss it.

There is a reason why two people stay together: they give eachother something nobody else can !

....3199 miles between me and my love....
Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 PM

unfortunately not as he hasn't got my mobile number and he wouldn't be calling it anyway as its very expensive compared with my landline. So it has to be my landline number that he phones me on and is cleared by the prison.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,204 Times in 3,888 Posts

Hi there I am assuming your boyfriend is in a UK prison.If so its unlikely they will phone you on a weekend as the administration staff dont normally work on weekend. Is it possible for you to ring the prison on Monday.
I really hope you get it sorted.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-12-2016, 12:50 PM

Thanks for that advice. I hope its true. Yes he's in a UK prison and I rang the prison today (Friday) asking if it was possible they might call me at the weekend but the lady couldn't tell me as she didn't know and said to be patient.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:09 AM

They didn't phone this weekend. I went out but I checked for missed calls and there were none.
Today - Monday I'm in all day and tomorrow and Wednesday too until they phone. I'm going to assume its ok to go out after 7pm.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM

They finally phoned me today. very glad.