Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 02-16-2017, 09:47 PM

Default How can I find out if my MWI is married?

How can I find out if an inmate is married?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,721 Posts

My first thought is-- ask him. But I'm guessing it's because you're doubting the honesty of the answer.

Marriages are public record, but unless you knew the county and had access to their records, not sure how you would know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-18-2017), Lovebirds (02-18-2017), maytayah (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 AM

I have asked him but waiting for a response which takes about 15-17 days is killing me!! It's like torture!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Darlazs For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-18-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:38 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 4,680 Times in 2,149 Posts

Hi there, its obviously important to you , if you are a in a relationship with this man then one would hope that he would have been honest about his situation.

Its quite hard to find out unless as Miamac says you find the place where he was married and search their records.

I know its hard but I would wait for his response and hope that he is honest with you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-17-2017, 05:18 AM

Other than asking him all you can do is search records in the county he's from. Are you in contact with his family? You could ask at his facility but I doubt they'd give you any info
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 AM

Thanked 1,181 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlazs View Post
How can I find out if an inmate is married?
I suggest you ask them....Or you could do some investigative work if you don't trust what they say.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:09 AM

I would say just ask him, but we all know that alot of these men are in prison for being....well, probably less than honest. I would use the internet. Mine told me he was never in a relationship that even led close to marriage, yet when I did some Facebook research, he was in fact engaged to a girl from his hometown and had gotten engaged while he was in prison. And I sure brought it to his attention. Do I care that you were engaged in your past? No. I care about you lying. Don't do it again LoL
Old 02-17-2017, 10:36 AM

Is this the same person you've been with for over a year? Why are you just now asking? Did something happen that has made you suspicious that he is married? If you've been with him for a bit (which I assume you have or he wouldn't be your MWI) and this hasn't come up I'm not so sure you could fully trust he's telling the truth. From past posts it seems you know his Mother...what does she say?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
Classygyrl10 (02-19-2017), Revenwyn (03-12-2017), Sarianna (02-18-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 11:10 AM
98% mean :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,982 Times in 1,411 Posts

You got banned from visits for 'sexual activity' and you are asking if he is married now? Other then asking him Ive no idea how you would find that out. One of those background check sites might help.
To be with you will save the day
'Cos I know
When I'm with you again
You just steal my heart away

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychocandy For This Useful Post:
Classygyrl10 (02-19-2017), MizzyMuffling (02-19-2017), Sinir.Fridyrr (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,371 Times in 9,279 Posts

Darlasz, you have no right to be even asking. YOU are married, and you need to turn around and work on your marriage, whether that be divorce or reconciliation. If you are Christian, I would point you to the quote "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."
Matthew 7:5
MizzyMuffling (02-19-2017), Sinir.Fridyrr (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 4,680 Times in 2,149 Posts

Darlaz having read your previous posts you knew your MWI was in a serious relationhsip and engaged to be married to someone else this was only last year. You are also a married woman with children.

If you want to be with your MWI fine but you need to focus on ending your marriage before you start a serious relationship with him and before you start accusing him of doing what you are doing.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (02-19-2017), nimuay (02-19-2017), Raf's Girl (02-19-2017), Sinir.Fridyrr (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I have asked him but waiting for a response which takes about 15-17 days is killing me!! It's like torture!!

I sense you're having a doubt with him, if you're assuming/and or not sure if he is with someone.

and that long?

wow. That is so long chica, how do you do it! lol wow. and i hope you are to find out sooner than later. Does he call? Instead of writing/asking through mail. You're able to at least face2face, or the next best thing if we can't visit our loved ones is phone-time.If you're able to ask him via phone then you're able to study the voice et.al,as well as his overall response.
But, with a letter you can't do that...But, i hope you're finding out the answer you are hoping for and keep me posted. hugs and blessings to you ...tonight...

---

Old 02-19-2017, 02:43 AM

OP

Don't kill your marriage over a possible relationship, work on your marriage first. You know what you have and you don't know what you will get. There was a reason why you married the man you are married to. Being bored with the all day life will set in with #2 as well. Let your MWI be a good and dear friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
nimuay (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 08:48 AM

Why don't you just ask him? If he was dishonest and didn't tell you about the woman he was with until six months later, I seriously doubt he will tell you if he married her. I'm curious to know why after all this time the OP wants to know if he's married. Focus on your own marriage and make a decision regarding it first before trying to have a relationship with someone who clearly isn't available.
The Following User Says Thank You to Classygyrl10 For This Useful Post:
Raf's Girl (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 AM

Ohhhh wow!!! It never fails with you people, the most unsupportive bunch I've ever come across!! Hence, why I never use Prison Talk anymore!! You never answer the question yet jump to judge!! So most of you decided to browse all my old posts... so what does your opinion have to do with if a records search on a marriage can be done or not!!! Obviously if I could ask him in person, or over the phone then I would..... obviously I've already asked his family, obviously I DID ask him what OVER a year and a half ago and obviously something did happen!!! Doesn't take a genius to realize all that!! So thank you for the Bible quotes, thank you for the marital advice but you still didn't answer my question!!!! Now that Ive once again wasted my time trying to get useful unformation, I'll kindly decline your advice and opinions... my life today is not what it was 2 years ago and I don't feel the need to share... Goodnight To those of you who have reserved judgement... thank you for just listening
The Following User Says Thank You to Darlazs For This Useful Post:
joybubby (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,341 Times in 668 Posts

It's always the same with certain people... they tell us what's going on with at times lots of background info and we're not allowed to answer as we see fit or at least get bashed if we do....
Love it or leave it, if you have the answers already OP then don't ask or if you're asking, take everything we post in response with a grain of salt. We're not here to please everyone but to give you our opinions/inputs.
The OPs question was legitimate but her background (-story) made this question really more than probably what she intended.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:21 AM
98% mean :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,982 Times in 1,411 Posts

Oh wow! I believe you were told there was no way of finding out if he is married if he wont tell you himself. Your question was answered.
You people should ask the important questions before you get to involved really.
To be with you will save the day
'Cos I know
When I'm with you again
You just steal my heart away

The Following User Says Thank You to Psychocandy For This Useful Post:
Raf's Girl (02-21-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanked 1,556 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Ohhhh wow!!! It never fails with you people, the most unsupportive bunch I've ever come across!! Hence, why I never use Prison Talk anymore!! You never answer the question yet jump to judge!! So most of you decided to browse all my old posts... so what does your opinion have to do with if a records search on a marriage can be done or not!!! Obviously if I could ask him in person, or over the phone then I would..... obviously I've already asked his family, obviously I DID ask him what OVER a year and a half ago and obviously something did happen!!! Doesn't take a genius to realize all that!! So thank you for the Bible quotes, thank you for the marital advice but you still didn't answer my question!!!! Now that Ive once again wasted my time trying to get useful unformation, I'll kindly decline your advice and opinions... my life today is not what it was 2 years ago and I don't feel the need to share... Goodnight To those of you who have reserved judgement... thank you for just listening
Sort of naive to come to a public forum where you've posted many times and expect people to NOT read your previous posts to flesh out the vague, nebulous question you asked...