Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Old 03-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Proud Card Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
I hope you get well soon. get lots of rest
Thank you dear. I'm happy to report that I am feeling much better. Now to catch up on everything that was put on hold. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2015, 09:32 PM
Northern Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycat80 View Post
Thank you dear. I'm happy to report that I am feeling much better. Now to catch up on everything that was put on hold. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Good to hear that you are feeling better

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"
The Following User Says Thank You to Quetz For This Useful Post:
sassycat80 (03-29-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Proud Card Volunteer

I just wanted to let you all know I am going to be taking about a week off from sending out any mail.

I just got word that the human remains found in North Carolina was in fact my friend. I need to take this time for myself and grasp the concept that he passed on. My heart hurts and I am left breathless.

I will be back. Thank you for understanding.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Tiny Moderator

Quote:
I just wanted to let you all know I am going to be taking about a week off from sending out any mail.

I just got word that the human remains found in North Carolina was in fact my friend. I need to take this time for myself and grasp the concept that he passed on. My heart hurts and I am left breathless.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Truly!

If you have any mail youd like sent, I could send it as you take the time you need. Just pm!

Truly, I send my deepest sympathies. Take care of you!
Old 04-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts

Quote:

Oh my God...
I'm so so sorry for your loss. That's...horrible.

Take good care of you and try to stay strong...
(It'll get a bit easier to deal with it...one day...believe me...even though it might not feel that way right now...)
Old 04-10-2015, 07:28 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Sassy, I am truly sorry for you and for your friend. Please be kind to yourself right now and take the time that you need. You are in my thoughts!

I have news that surprises me...I have just been taken off of my blood pressure medicine--after 24 years!! I have been dieting and exercising (successfully) and it is now taking me in a pill-free place. Here's the funny part; it is actually so low that if it does not stabilize I will need to do something to boost it! I never had a cardiologist talk to me about 'dangerously low' blood pressure! I guess all of those 86/54 readings had him a little concerned--but in a good way!

So...What's your point?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InsomniaCT For This Useful Post:
Quetz (04-10-2015), USPkittie (04-10-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Northern Star

Quote:

i am so sorry for your loss, take care of your self and stay strong. you are in my thoughts snd prayers

Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Tiny Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaCT View Post

I have news that surprises me...I have just been taken off of my blood pressure medicine--after 24 years!! I have been dieting and exercising (successfully) and it is now taking me in a pill-free place. Here's the funny part; it is actually so low that if it does not stabilize I will need to do something to boost it! I never had a cardiologist talk to me about 'dangerously low' blood pressure! I guess all of those 86/54 readings had him a little concerned--but in a good way!
Oh wow! Good for you for getting that high bp controlled. As to the low bp, I have that! It's controllable, fortunately. My best advice is learn your doctors requested symptoms, and report them! Don't be a silly, USPkittie "Im fine, fine"......(im passed out). That was years ago, I actually listen now

Take care of you InsomniaCT!
InsomniaCT (04-11-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:13 AM
Proud Card Volunteer

Thank you ladies for all your understand and support. You are all in my heart. I am making it through my days but not without tears and sorrow. Taking this time to honor his memory is bringing me comfort. Hugs to all of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to sassycat80 For This Useful Post:
InsomniaCT (04-13-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,063 Posts

Christi ...

From my heart to yours ... sending hugs. Just know that I'm here should you need someone to talk to ... Hoping you are granted much comfort for your days ...
Old 04-13-2015, 07:18 AM
Proud Card Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Angel View Post
Christi ...

From my heart to yours ... sending hugs. Just know that I'm here should you need someone to talk to ... Hoping you are granted much comfort for your days ...
Thank you Angela

I am doing a little better today. I think it is finally sinking in that I will never hear his voice again. Because of the horrible circumstances around his death, it will be months before his remains will be released to his family because a full forensic analysis is being done to figure out what happened to him. I have realized that I need to keep my mind occupied so I don't continue to cry and just lay in bed. So, I am cutting my break short and getting back into this full force.

Starting today, my son has PSSA testing for school so I will be sitting in a hotel all day waiting for him to complete. I will have to do this for today, tomorrow and Wednesday. He goes to an online charter school. That is why he is testing at a hotel. So now is a great time to catch up on letters and cards.

InsomniaCT ... I am so glad to hear your blood pressure is down. That is amazing. But now you have to get it back up. You know, if it's not one thing, it's another. That's how it always seems to be. But way to go and stay healthy friend.

Thanks again to all you lovely people for the love, understanding and support you have shown me through this difficult time. My love goes out to each and every one of you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sassycat80 For This Useful Post:
InsomniaCT (04-13-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Account Closed

Sassy, dear, please make sure to grieve enough about your friend. It's absolutely necessary and there's nothing wrong with it, okay? It's not a sign of weakness....
Old 04-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Proud Card Volunteer

Thank you dear. I understand and will take time. I just can't stay in bed all day and cry. I have to get up and get things done. I am going to do something in his honor this weekend and it will be a good healing project for me. I know he would not want me to sit around and cry for him. That's the kind of person he was. He would want everyone to celebrate life and his memory.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:45 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Sassy, My hope is that your friend had the opportunity to be doing something that he truly loved when he passed away. No matter what, you need to grieve the way that makes sense to you. Doing something that honors his memory is a good thing--it can help you to feel more connected and also say goodbye.

The hard thing (for me) about grief is that it isn't linear; you don't make it to step 7 today, step 8 tomorrow and so on; today may be step 7 and tomorrow is step 2...with time it does become less painful. For now give yourself the opportunity to grieve, celebrate, remember, laugh and cry. Maybe now that we actually have something that looks like spring (here in the northeast), you can have other friends of his over and have a BBQ to celebrate the end of a miserable winter, knowing and cherishing a mutual friend, and saying goodbye.

Take care of yourself, Honey.

So...What's your point?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InsomniaCT For This Useful Post:
sassycat80 (04-13-2015), Tx_Angel (04-13-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Account Closed

I don't know about you all, but I...hmmm...don't we have too many sticky-threads now?! It seems as if they're getting more and more...very irritating..

Is everyone ok?
Old 04-15-2015, 05:17 AM
Proud Card Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Meeow View Post
I don't know about you all, but I...hmmm...don't we have too many sticky-threads now?! It seems as if they're getting more and more...very irritating..

Is everyone ok?
We did talk about this in the private forum. We are throwing around ideas to organjze the card forum. Do you have access to the private forum. We would love to hear your ideas. Id not, pm one of our sweet mods about it

I am maintaining my sanity. No promises on how long though lol. How are you?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Tiny Moderator

Yep, yep, yep, there are uber lots of stickies

Hope everyone is doing excellent. I am in stress-filled, major major busy week. This weekend I am Hospitality to every soul in a 13 story hotel. (800+ rooms, 3 people per room avg) Broken bits of me be damned, I have much groceries, many noms, wow!

The good news? I'm making liquid nitrogen icecream by the vat fulls. Huuzzzah!

Have epic moments everyone.
Ria
Quetz (04-21-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,063 Posts

WOW! USPkittie... sounds interesting ... ? Hope all goes super well ... um with everything. Especially the ice cream ... Gotta love ice cream ...

Week chuck full of appointments for me ... doctor this, doctor that. Nope ... "you can't put a band aid on that doc, I've tried" ... FAIL! Everything about getting better makes me better ... not sure if that makes sense to anyone ... but it makes all the sense to me!

Hope all you ladies are enjoying the day ... each new day is a gift ...

Miss y'all ... I DO!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Account Closed

Goddamnit....I'm a bitch today.
I'm tired, one of my fucking cats was shitting in my bed earlier and I'm so fed up with some of the threads at PTO...

But the funny thing about life is: It goes on, huh? Still on vacation...
Get to talk a lot to some of my pals lately..that's a lot of fun...next year I'm going to enter the States for the first time in my life...
Until then I'm constantly running out of money or so..

Now does that make any sense? I don't think so...

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all a nice day..
Old 04-21-2015, 09:31 PM
Proud Card Volunteer

Seems everyone is having ups and downs as of lately. Happy dance for the ups

As for myself, I am right there with Miss Meeow. I am in super Bitch mode. There is so much going on and every day more sh*t piles on. Just when I think I am caught up or getting ahead, here comes life's PIMP HAND! Bitch slap to the mouth. I know I will come out stronger in the end but damn, this chick needs a break.

I am also considering a major life altering decision. It's something I have been thinking about for a while now but it's so confusing. I'm not going to go into detail or ask advice on it because it's really only something I can decide. I think I just needed to put it out there that I am conflicted about a major decision so my mind could breathe a bit.

I hope everyone takes a moment to love themselves and have a great day. I may not be posting as much but I'm always lurking. I know, I'm such a creeper!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Northern Star

I hear you when it comes to up/downs. My "old" boss gave his "2" week notice (really only 1 lol) and his boss delegated my old boss's responsibilities to me.... not sure if that is good news.... or bad..... I get more work w/ no title or pay.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Proud Card Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
I hear you when it comes to up/downs. My "old" boss gave his "2" week notice (really only 1 lol) and his boss delegated my old boss's responsibilities to me.... not sure if that is good news.... or bad..... I get more work w/ no title or pay.
You poor dear. I swear some people expect a single person to move mountains. Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassycat80 For This Useful Post:
Quetz (04-23-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 03:15 AM
Account Closed

Hey...

Is everybody okay?
I'm going to visit one of my best friends today. I'm sooo nervous already, haven't seen him for months (even though he lives only 200 miles away)...

I don't know...did not feel much like writing lately. Had a few discussions with two of my boys...but at least we could talk the major things out on phone...
Well, one of them is talking about his crime in one of his upcoming letters and now he's afraid of me leaving...guys!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:07 AM
Proud Card Volunteer

Yay! Some excitement for you today! Have fun at your visit!

Tomorrow is my friend's memorial service. My heart sinks lower into my stomach with each passing moment. I am driving there by myself and fear I will be too ipset to drive home. Deep breaths and lots of tissues!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:28 AM
Account Closed

I am glad that you are able to attend his memorial service. Hopefully this will help you finding closure one day...

You know, more than 8 months ago my love passed away...it still hurts like crazy, but it will get better...you will get better dealing with it. Cry as much as you want to cry...it helps...

I tried to work out earlier (pilates) but these damn cats don't like it..
They always interrupt me because they want to lick my feet...argh...