Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Muncy in Pennsylvania

I have a friend in albion waiting to go to camp Hill then to who knows where . And my aunt is in Muncy ......... for 10- 25 .
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2006, 08:48 PM

Default SCI Muncy

I have a pen pal at SCI Muncy. I am trying to get more info about that place. What can I send? I read in their handbook that if I send someting that is not allowed my pal will be charged shipping to send it back!! I would like to send paper, envelopes, stamps, etc. I did write my pal and ask but have not heard back yet. I hope they have stamps and envelopes to write me!!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Going to Muncy / Cambridge Springs

My wife will soon be going to to either of the two womens facilities in PA and I was wondering what type of things she will be able to take in with her. Specifically cosmetics, skin care and grooming products. Thanks in advance for any help as we get closer to the date. This will help calm the nerves some.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:27 PM

Your wife will be going to Muncy, first, for at least 6 weeks for classification. Then, she may or may not be transferred to Cambridge Springs, depending on her custody level. I'm not sure this list will calm her nerves, but here it is. The box with my son's clothes arrived home about 6 months after he got there. She will have to have money to pay the shipping, if she sends anything home. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. My work supervisor's daughter should be home from Cambridge Springs within a few weeks.

The items listed below may be retained after being examined and screened
thoroughly for contraband. All items that will not be retained by the inmate shall be
packed for shipment to a person designated by the inmate or destroyed.
1. Watch ($50.00 maximum value with time, day, and date feature only).
2. Ring (Wedding band only, no gem stones).
3. One pair earrings (post style only, no gem stones) (females only).
4. Eyeglasses or contact lenses (up to two pair), and contact lens solution (limit one
container). Contact lenses will be replaced with eyeglasses, unless they are
determined to be medically necessary.
5. Dentures with container.
6. Authorized reading materials that fit into one records center box.
7. Pen and/or pencil (up to five each).
8. Ten pictures.
9. Ten letters.
10. Religious Medal (no larger than 1¼ inches and with a chain no longer than 26
inches and a maximum value of $50, no gem stones).
11. Religious Headgear and other religious items in accordance with Department
policy DC-ADM 819, “Religious Activities.”
12. A DC-130B, Cash Transaction Receipt, will be issued to the inmate for cash
in his/her possession at the time of reception. The money will be deposited
to the inmate’s account.
13. Prosthetic Devices and items needed for medical conditions such as
orthopedic shoes, medically necessary contact lenses, etc.
14. Toilet articles such as razor, comb, brush, that are similar to approved
commissary items may be retained by the inmate at reception. If toilet articles are
retained, similar items need not be issued. No consumable toiletries may be
retained.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Default female in-mates

I was hoping someone could get in touch with me to answer a few beginner questions I have, as I have sentencing next month and have no clue what to expect. I don't know if it'll be county or state.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
HIZ WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy
I was hoping someone could get in touch with me to answer a few beginner questions I have, as I have sentencing next month and have no clue what to expect. I don't know if it'll be county or state.
WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIND OUT? THERE ARE 3 STATE PRISONS THAT TAKE FEMALES MUNCY,BOOT CAMP AND CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS. PM ME SO WE CAN CHAT.
"Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do, will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, will never...never forget it.” ♥
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Donation Award 

If it is under 2 yrs most likely it will be county - Pm me for any specific questions
Old 08-01-2007, 03:40 PM

Default fiance going to muncy

I would like to know if my fiance would stay at muncy or sent to Cambridge Springs she is only there for a year on a dui charge and she has some medical issues as well . Any info would be appreciated [ good and bad]
Old 08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

First of all, welcome to PTO. I really don't know much about either of the women's prisons but hopefully someone else will come along who can answer your questions.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 AM

Hello and welcome to PTO
Old 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Donation Award 

For under a year if they are sending her to Muncy they will not move her unless they send her to a work release facility of half-way house- She will be classified as low security and will probably be offered a job at the prison- It will be tough - but she can do it.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 PM

Default visits at Muncy

I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me if contact visits are allowed at muncy ,and how long are the visits .
Old 08-04-2007, 03:35 AM

Hello and welcome to PTO
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Default need info

I have never been to a prison before for visitation I would appreciate any advice on visiting at sci Muncy.what is muncy like to visit, procedures I must go through to visit my fiance there , and are we allowed contact visits and how long do they normally last.THANK YOU
Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Closed

Default *sigh* help

Hi all, I'm not new to PT, but I am new to this forum. I was formally charged on Wednesday, and spoke to my attorney afterwards, and he basically said I'm screwed and should do a plea deal. This would be my second conviction (my first was thru the military, and I did time in the brig in Cali). He said they are trying to keep it at county level, and if I do a plea, he'll try to get me no more than 2 years that way I can do the time in Cumberland County. Right now my life really sux...my daughter was placed back into foster care and I'm so scared I'll never have a chance at ever getting her back. Anyways, I was just hoping someone could tell me what to expect if/when I go to Cumberland County. Thanx.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,913 Times in 6,334 Posts

I am so sorry for your situation and want to remind you that things will not always be this way.
My son has been in 4 county jails...all the same..beaver, allegheny, butler and warren...all boring, not enough food, inadequate medical and psych care, and nothing for the men..no programs. it was horrid.
this time he ASKED to go to state prison. he is sentenced 1-2 yrs. at least in state, he is not hungry, can work or go to programs and has more freedom inside the prison itself, can have in person visits, not behind glass.

if you go to state prison in the state of PA, all women first go to Muncy for eval and then are sent elsewhere in the system for your needed program.
good luck, hon. remember your child is your child for eternity no matter who she is being raised by for now. hope what is best for her is what happens. and for you.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Closed

Thank you.

The benefit to being in county vs state, is that county is in the town I live in, and IF CYS grants me visits, I'll be able to see my daughter every other week. However, if I go to state...then I might only see her once a month or even every other month.

I talked to my caseworker yesterday, and she did relieve some of my anxiety. She said that even if I get convicted (or plea), that I still have a chance of getting my daughter back. That was my biggest fear...but she said going to prison does not automatically deny me the chance of regaining custody. That was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. She did say it wouldn't be easy, but not impossible. That's all I needed to know, 'cuz as long as I know there's a possibility, I know I can persevere and make it happen...I'm quite stubborn when need-be.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:23 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

Most county jails only allow non-contact visits. You might be able to see your daughter weekly but not be able to touch or hold her. That can be difficult for the child to handle and understand. You will need to weigh what you think will be in her best interest in the long run.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 01-15-2008, 09:29 PM

if you want to stay in county, you need to have your lawyer make that request to the judge at sentencing. county prisons are over-crowded and they are sending people up-state for 2 yrs.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:45 AM

Default Girl in Muncy... intro

My name is Zack, I live around the upstate NY area. I have a good friend who was messin around with meth but commited her crime just over the border in PA. She is currently at Muncy. While we are both from NY she is in PA so i figured it appropriate to post in the PA forum (i posted in NY too). I have been reading a lot here lately and this is a great community, so much information and even more than that so much love. Prisoners are people too. Some are even good people (duh, i know)! Im going to try to contribute wherever whenever I can.

About myself - Ive been in trouble my fair share of times but my town is fairly forgiving when it comes to drugs so ive never even been to county. Im trying to understand what she's going through on the inside, TRYING to help her where ever I can. I really dont know what to do sometimes as i really care for her, thats why this place is great. Best support group for this I've ever seen. I am a recovering addict and while my friend is a [hopefully] recovering meth addict, ive never used the stuff. I am a recovering opiate addict. I felt the need to say this because A and I actually met in rehab where we became really close.

Im gonna close here before I get too personal. After all this is the internet. Feel free to pm me with any questions and I hope to contribute positively to the community.

Take care of yourselves, smile, peace love and rock 'n' roll.

Spaz/Zack
Old 03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO and the PA Forum--women are often forgotten when locked up. Your friend is lucky to have you in her corner.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 AM

hello - does anyone have information regarding a therapist at Muncy - her name is Barbara Doebler? I would appreciate any replies - I am looking for information about this person THANKS
Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

If you are trying to find out if this person is licensed, you can check the PA Professional Licensing website: http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/
If she is a substance abuse counselor and you want to see if she is certified go to the PA Certification Board Website: http://www.pacertboard.org/SearchPeople.asp

Prisons often don't hold to the same standards and licensing regs as state licensed programs so don't be surprised if you don't find out much about her.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM

aright so i posted this a long time ago, and honestly haven't been back too much. I apologize; i started school back up, just got a job, and have been busy (excuses i know), hopefully I can offer a word of wisdom or two in the future and be more active. This "in your face" reality of the justice system sure helps me stay out of trouble. I do find some time to continue to read threads/posts and cant stress the benefit of this e-community enough. great place where all my questions have been answered and many worries snuffed out... except this one I cant seem to get out of my mind...

Im curious... how easy is it for (specifically the Sci-Muncy) girls to get drugs (and more specifically meth) inside prison. My guess is if its available shes is more liekly than not, using... I think the world of her and have alot of faith in her but i personally know how an addicted mind works and especially if you are confined with people who use, recovery is DAMN NEAR impossible. I just get this feeling that she is going to come out... well you know what im sayin. I dont mean to be pessamistic but I want to help her every way i can and obviously she wouldn't be able to be honest with me about this through her letters. I know in many many prisons, especially female prisons meth is the most trafficked kinda dope according to confiscation records (saw that on tv, could very well be wrong about all of this).

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot. Any response is appreciated.

Thanks,
zack