Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 PM
SunnyChick

Hi Karen,
Welcome to the Mass Forum. I would have to look at a map, but I assume you're over near Deerfield, maybe north of Springfield. I'm in north central Mass, and I don't feel as if I know my way around at all. I moved up here about 10 years ago from Philly/South Jersey, and I still live in terror that I might run into a moose or some other woodland creature. I really miss living in the city. I'm glad that you've joined us and posted an Intro. If you've been reading these threads, you know that you can count on a lot of support and good information here. I look forward to getting to know you better. Take care of yourself and your son, SunnyChick
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 AM
~*~Amanda~*~

i know my way around most of the state of massachusetts. im from western mass and now live in central and travelled to boston daily so i know the highways pretty well if u need any help just PM me

Old 08-14-2006, 04:28 AM

Hey wren..... welcome to pto and the mass forum
This is the place to find your support and info....Right now i think you may be the only berk house person ...

all i can say about deerfield is "yankee candle"
it's beautiful up there in the fall which by the way is right around the corner!

Donna

Old 10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
MASSACHUSETTS LION HEART

Default Hello Everyone

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Butterfly- My husband is wrapping up a ten year bid.........About time....

I am sick of the damn C-Hoes (female) looking (gawking) at my man (desperate chicks).... ..and the C-Foes (male) looking at me all the time with a suspicious eye.......I am sick of being threatened with the whole "we'll barr you" crap. I just can't wait for him to come home-finally. I've been to Norfolk, Shirley, Concord, and the much dreaded Plymouth.

I have become so accustomed to the commutes that I can give anyone directions and advice on who to stay away from...some CO's are actual people while others seem to have lost their humanity long ago.

I've been through it all---tampered mail, sexual harrassment, sarcastic/inappropriate remarks.....The things we endure for the ones we love......

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all my fellow "RIDE OR DIE CHICKS".

One Love,
Bfly

P.S. Holla if you are a new jack and need to know how to do some things .
Old 10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
SunnyChick

Hi Butterfly, Welcome to the Mass state Forum. I wish you'd found us sooner, but I'm happy to learn that your husband will soon be home with you. If you have the time and interest, I think that there's another Forum here on PTO that addresses some of the issues guys face when they first come home. I've never actually looked at it (my guy is a lifer), but it might be helpful to you as the big day approaches. After 10 years inside, the transition to the street can have a few potholes in it, and it doesn't hurt to be aware of them. I'm happy you've joined us, Butterfly, and I'm glad to meet you. Take care, SunnyChick
Old 12-17-2006, 10:33 AM

Default My girlfriend is in MCI Framingham

My girlfriend was just taken to MCI Framingham. I went and visited her yesterday, I was suprised at how open the visiting room is. I could give her a hug, and hold her hand and stuff, so that was more than I expected. I'd like to send some books, and be able to talk to her on the phone, but she's in there, and doesn't know anyone, and she can't seem to get anyone to talk to her about how to get canteen and phone calls and the like.

If any of you know anything about getting books and whatnot to inmates at MCI, I'd really appreciate it.

Unfortunatly after her charges here in MA are settled, she's going to be transported to Georgia, which is rough. Because from what I've heard, after even a short bid in prison, people get released on parole instead of probation, and that would prohibit her from leaving the state. She'll be stuck in Georgia.

Does anyone know if I send books to her in Framingham, if they will be transported with her to Georgia? Or should I wait until she gets there?

This sucks, I'm afraid.

-Luke.

Last edited by tcpsyn; 12-17-2006 at 10:34 AM..
Old 12-17-2006, 12:03 PM
SunnyChick

Hi Luke,
Welcome to PTO and to the Mass state Forum. I'm sorry to have to meet you under such stressful circumstances.

I'm glad that you were able to have a pleasant visit with your girlfriend. Sometimes the VRs get a little hectic around the holiday time.

Your girlfriend should have a "caseworker." Every inmate is assigned to a caseworker, usually based on their housing unit. This is the person who can give her answers regarding such practical things as obtaining canteen, phone procedures, approved book vendors, and so forth. If she's unable to hook-up with her caseworker, most (all?) Mass state prisons have what is usually called "happy hour" -- this is a staff-access period during which various prison administrators are together and available (everyone from the treasurer, to a health services rep, to various directors, to the job assignment officer, and sometimes even the mailroom guy). Staff access is typically held during the time when inmates are heading to their lunchtime meal, so that they can stop and speak with the person who can best address their concerns.

If your girlfriend has no luck with her caseworker or is unable to get answers at "happy hour," another way to obtain information is to go to the library and ask to see copies of the dept regulations and the facility procedures that apply to the issue (mail, phone, or whatever). The librarian should also be able to provide your friend with a list of approved book vendors, or at least tell her where this list is posted.

You don't say how long your friend anticipates being in MCI Framingham. I'm not sure whether her books will follow her to Georgia when she moves. They should, but what is supposed to happen isn't always what transpires. I would estimate that at least 25% of the time, inmates lose some of their belongings when they are transferred from one prison to another within the Mass state prison system, so I would assume that some things would also be lost in a transfer to Georgia.

I hope things improve once you have the answers to some of your questions. I don't know anything about Georgia or what you both should expect when she finishes her bid down there. Perhaps if you go to the Georgia state Forum and post your questions and concerns there, someone might be able to help you with info on how things work in that state.

In the meantime, I hope you have a nice holiday. Try to relax and just roll with things. If it helps, I happen to be acquainted with some of the staff and administrators at Framingham. In general, I would characterize them as being fair, which is a relative term in a prison, but they could be a lot worse. If I can ever be of any help, feel free to contact me through our PM system here at PTO.

Take care, SunnyChick

Last edited by SunnyChick; 12-17-2006 at 12:05 PM..
Old 12-17-2006, 09:51 PM

Welcome luke,
Sometimes when all else fails, i just take thing s into my own hands and call the prison and ask away!! usually i get good results and answers to all my ???
good luck and feel free to join us in the tea room

Old 04-30-2007, 07:16 PM

hello...i don't see many recent intros....but i'm hoping to meet up with others from mass going through this journey of the system......i'm from northeastern mass....a mother with a son heading off to prison at some point in the future....he is currently being held in county.
.......i am reasonably new to this site.....found under extreme emotional distress and i'm sure with some divine guidance....i have found comfort and understanding through the words and feelings of others so far......still hoping to connect with others from mass......
......anyways my life right now is about adjusting and surviving.....visits...letters, phone calls...i call my son...my new project....
.......hope to catch up with others sometime.....cathy
Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
SunnyChick

Hi Cathy,

I'm so glad that you found us and decided to join. Welcome to PTO and to the Mass Forum. It sounds as if you're going through a very stressful time as you wait to learn what your son's future holds. What we can offer you here is support 24/7, good information on most of the practical aspects of the state's prisons and the county jails, and the friendship of members who have loved ones who are also guests of our correctional system.

There is a "chit chat" room (I think it's called the Tea Party Room) in the Mass Forum where many of us stop in to post on a fairly regular basis. Please stop in and get to know us. As soon as you learn which prison your son is heading to, we can probably give you some insights gained from our members' experiences visiting there, etc. At the moment, it sounds as if you're doing everything you can to keep your son's spirits up -- visits, letters, and phone calls are so, so important to these guys. Your son may have run into trouble, but he's blessed to have a Mom who won't give up on him. A lot of guys don't have that kind of unconditional love and support.

Again, Cathy, I'm glad that you've joined us, and I'm very happy to meet you. Please try to relax and take good care of yourself. You need to be at your best in order to support your son. I look forward to seeing your future posts to hear how everything goes.

Stay strong and have good courage, SunnyChick

Last edited by SunnyChick; 04-30-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 07:39 AM

Hi Cathy,
Welcome to PTO and of course the Mass forum, as a mother i can not imagine the pain associated w/ the looming / doom of my baby going into prison.. however like said, this is the best possible place for you! There are numerous forums .. for parents and other support issues/topics.

I am sorry you are here, but really glad you found us!

We are all here for you

Old 05-02-2007, 01:35 PM
longing for his "kisses"

hi every one my name is michelle. my fiance has been locked up in Bristol County HOC in dartmouth, ma. he has been there since jan. 7th, he is currently awaiting trial and its killing me but about me... hmmm im 17 yes i know im young i have been with craig for over 4 years [[april 8, 2003]] the time is going by so slow. his trial date is set for august!! so far away! and he might be lookin at 25 years but ill be there thru everything. im lonely all the time so feel free to talk to me. hes all i got and now im having a really hard time coping with out him! well i guess thats it for now! if you want to hear about my pathetic story let me know

love,
me
Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
SunnyChick

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to PTO and to the Mass State Forum. I feel like I'm at a loss as to what to say to you. It seems that at your age you should be thinking about things like prom dresses and hair styles and whether or not to get your navel pierced. But since you're here, you're one of us, and I can tell you that while you may continue to be lonely for Craig, you'll never have to be alone. We're here for you, and among us we have a lot of good information about the Mass prison system and a lot of support we can offer you any time you need it.

Since I'm the "Strega Nona" of this group (that means grandmother witch), I'm going to give you some advice. Nobody knows what the future holds. Your guy may get a long sentence, or get out sooner than you expect. You might wait faithfully for him, or you might not. Since there are so many variables still at play in your life, what you need to do is take care of yourself so that you'll be ready for whatever the future holds. That means finishing up your education, training for a career, developing a network of friends and acquaintances that you can depend on.

If you think that the story of your life is "pathetic" right now, please, please believe this -- YOU have the power to change that. At 17, you may lack the self-confidence to think that you can expand your horizons and achieve really amazing things, but you can! I'm not trying to minimize how sad and lonely you feel. It's tough as hell, and we all know that. But Michelle, you can still move ahead with your life as you wait for Craig. Let yourself blossom into a strong, capable, self-reliant young woman that he'll be proud of.

Please stop in and post in the "Tea Party" chit chat room to let us know how you're doing. We're a very eclectic group of gals, all ages, many backgrounds, but we're all tolerant and supportive. You have a whole group of friends here, Michelle, and we're happy to share your good days and your lonely ones. I'm very glad you found us and decided to join. I think you must be resourceful young woman.

Take good care of yourself and keep posting, SunnyChick
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
longing for his "kisses"

thanx for all the support but life is practically over for me w/o him

reasons? ....

i met him when i was 13 and we wanted to spend all our time together, so at 16 we both dropped out of school, i know now that it was stupid but hey you do crazy ass things for love! we ended up moving to colorado together last july and things didnt werk out there so we moved bakk to mass and as soon as we moved back they took him! i miss him so much and im having a hard time finding a job and my car just broke i need to get a new starter! so even if i find a job i need to find transportation now until i can get enough money to fix it! things just keep getting worse and now my phone account with him is gfettin low and i have no money to put on it he is running out of stamps so it feels like im losing everything all at once! today has just been a horrible day! i dont even know what to do with my self! he always helped me thru anything and now i have to do it all by myself! its just so overwhelming!

thatnx fer talkin to me its nice to know there are others going through the same thing i am [[ well kinda]]

michelle
Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
SunnyChick

Michelle,

You're 17 years old, and you're trying to juggle the responsibilities and worries that would put an adult into therapy. Is it any wonder that you feel overwhelmed? But listen to me -- you have your whole life ahead of you whether it's with Craig or with someone else.

When I was a teenager (many, many years ago), I found myself at a crossroad that was different from yours, but which seemed like a crisis to me at the time. The answer I found was education. I went to a community college, I waitressed, I got student loans, and there were days when I didn't know how I'd put food on the table. But as they say, sometimes half the battle is just showing up. I used to sit over my text books and weep because I swear I couldn't understand half of the material. I flunked courses. But I kept showing up, and I kept learning. I now have a doctorate degree and several masters degrees.

I'm not telling you this to pat myself on the back. I'm telling you this because I was once in a position somewhat similar to yours -- I was young and inexperienced and unsure of myself. Life does not revolve around your phone bill or whether your car starts. I can certainly agree that you have problems and you may feel as if you're losing everything all at once. But something led you to this site, so maybe this is where you're meant to find the strength to help pick yourself up and make plans for a better tomorrow. And you can make that better day happen for yourself. You may not realize that because you've never tested yourself to this degree before.

Are there any family members that you can turn to? If not, there certainly must be social service agencies that can offer you some assistance. I'm afraid I don't know too much about that up here in Mass, but I'm sure we have members who could give you some advice on finding help. If you keep checking back here, I think some of our other members may be able to direct you better than I can. Are you okay with housing, for example?

I can tell from reading your post that you're fairly articulate, so you should be able to get your GED and then start at a community college. There are places you can work that will help you with tuition. Oh Honey, there's all kinds of help out there -- all you have to do is keep showing up.

So you had a bad day. Look at it this way. Craig isn't going anywhere, so this gives you an opportunity to take some time and "find yourself." Think about what you want out of life (I mean other than him). Don't be afraid to dream big. In the meantime, do whatever you can to be gentle on yourself or to pick up your spirits a little. I know it's tough. As I told you before, Michelle, we're here to listen and I hope that helps a little bit too.

Hang on, Kiddo. You're stronger than you think. Hugs, SunnyChick
Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
longing for his "kisses"

i know im going to get through this its just hard and sometimes i just wanna give up! i have been having alot of BAD days and it doesnt seem to be getting easier for me. i live with my mom and she dont understand what im going through, but she is all the family i have and his family hates me and HIM. this poor kid has had the worst life imaginable and his whole family left him, he has no one but me left and if i leave he will be all alone and i dont have the heart to do that to him! so my life gets put on hold for him i know its not fair but he would do the same for me! im trying to find some info on him but i cant find anything so if anyone can help with that i would appreciate it! but my life will go on eventually, but for now its all eyes on him! i miss him like crazy and i cant wait for him to come home, im so sick of these non-contact visits i cry everytime i leave because i never get a kiss good bye and i feel like the worst person in the world leaving him there every week but there is nothing i can do, i just have to wait it out and hope that the truth comes out in the end

thanx for listening, i felt the need to vent! <3

michelle
Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Michelle,
While your sweetheart is away... please try to take care of yourself.. like said.. try to enroll in school, work, keep your mind busy... slowly things will come together.. save a bit of money ... and only do what you can..
if you are busy .. time will go by much faster.. and it helps with depression if you are with people (people who are positive ) in your life... laugh a little your tooo young.. for all the trauma and drama.. have some fun..

having fun, is not a crime.. if craig loves/cares for you he would want this..
can you look into seeing a professional counselor / therapist.. also??there are community clinics and free care.. if you are not working and under age, also you can apply for mass health.. i do not want to go on and on..
but ALOT of us here, UNDERSTAND and KNOW FIRST HAND what you are experiencing .. these suggestions are /were given to me.. you have to try to pick your self up!!

You can only give what youve got..

it will get better , it takes time..
good luck and remeber we are all here for you..

Old 05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
longing for his "kisses"

thanx alot shiva, i have looked at some psychaitrists or how ever you spell it lol i have made an appointment to be evaluated for my depression on may 11th [[next thursday]]... i love this site it seems like everyone cares and no body around me knows what im going thru but everyone here does and i greatly appreciate it so ill let you all know what happens thanks for listening!

michelle

silly craig!!...

I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal

--Vita Sackville-West

Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 AM

Sounds like a really good plan michelle take good care of yourself..

And yes this is the best place for your support ! regarding your inmate

Old 05-04-2007, 02:39 PM
longing for his "kisses"

thanx,

todays just one of those days where i just wanna lay down and cry because i know he wants to be here more than anything and he cant, he is going thru alot of pain and the nurses there are being ignorant, hes gunna commit suicide and then im gunna be left all by myself! i cant lose him and im pretty sure he was talkin bout suicide! what do i do?

silly craig!!...

I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal

--Vita Sackville-West

Old 05-08-2007, 06:44 AM
A Friend of the System

welcome all newbies
Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Hi Everyone New on Here

Hi Everyone,

I am new on here and wanted to say hi. I'm overwhelmed by how many links and postings, etc. there are on this entire site. Is this "thread" the most common Massachusetts posting thread? If anyone has questions about the system please let me know. I was exonerated last year after a successful appeal. I spent time at both Concord and Gardner. I may be able to help anyone who has questions about those two facilities. I've also learned a lot about the law and if anyone has questions about legal proceedings and steps, appeals, etc. let me know.
Thanks and hang in there to anyone who has a loved one in the system?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Mackey .. welcome to pto and the mass forum! we are very happy to have you here.. as you have first hand experience.. and I am sure you will be questioned ALOT ... WE are a great bunch... and enjoy hanging out in the tea room.. for chit chat about everything NOT JUST PRISON..
as you are noticing there are LOTS OF INFO... here and forums.. If i can be of help to you .. just pm and well talk .. welcome again
and btw CONGRADS.. !! and enjoy your "freedom"

Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Thanks Shiva

Shiva,

Thanks for your message. I appreciate it. I will be more than happy to answer questions because I've been through the process first hand. The difference between Concord and Gardner was night and day. I'll definitely say that for sure. It is nice to have my freedom back and it is also wonderful to have access to the internet again! I certainly missed it!

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

welcome to PTO and the Mass. forum~
Closed Thread