Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Beach Girl

Lightbulb First parole hearing: how long for answer? What happens next?

My inmate is facing his first parole hearing in September.
I want to be fully prepared with how to emotionally support him if it is denied.. Any advice?

Also, he's in Delta, Colorado.. If anybody has experience with parole being granted in Colorado.. If you could let me know how it was handled once approved (how long did an answer take?) etc.. I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 08:11 PM

It's tough to get paroled on the first time in Colorado. But it does happen especially at the minimum facilities. It's going to depend on how long he's been in, how his behavior has been, and if he is program compliant. It will also depend on how solid his parole plan is. Usually the case managers know by the afternoon if they have been paroled. And the case manager will let him know. However, if he gets full boarded, it could take a couple months before you find out

Old 12-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Carrot

The last two times he waited 6 weeks to find out. We are thinking it will be at least that long if not longer to find out this time.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
The last two times he waited 6 weeks to find out. We are thinking it will be at least that long if not longer to find out this time.
If they get full-boarded it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the decision. What a lot of people don't know is that family can attend the full-boarded voting. You will find out that day if parole is approved.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Beach Girl

Hi everyone, i realized I never responded! He was denied. They said it was too early for his type of case to be released. Understandable. He’s got another hearing this August 2018. I plan on going to the hearing this time (couldn’t make it last time). That being said, due to the nature of his crime - he will have to be fully boarded. Do you know more information about how I can attend the full boarded voting? I’d appreciate any insight you may have.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
Hi everyone, i realized I never responded! He was denied. They said it was too early for his type of case to be released. Understandable. Heís got another hearing this August 2018. I plan on going to the hearing this time (couldnít make it last time). That being said, due to the nature of his crime - he will have to be fully boarded. Do you know more information about how I can attend the full boarded voting? Iíd appreciate any insight you may have.
Colorado only paroles 1 out of every 250 guys each month that comes up for parole each month. Just to let you know. The only guaranteed way to get parole is for him to get approved for a halfway house, then if he does well at the halfway house /doesn't get sent back, and has the money to pay off his halfway house stay as well as first/last month's rent and $750 in savings, THEN they will guaranteed parole him.

That's it.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Beach Girl

Default First parole hearing: how long for answer? What happens next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Colorado only paroles 1 out of every 250 guys each month that comes up for parole each month. Just to let you know. The only guaranteed way to get parole is for him to get approved for a halfway house, then if he does well at the halfway house /doesn't get sent back, and has the money to pay off his halfway house stay as well as first/last month's rent and $750 in savings, THEN they will guaranteed parole him.

That's it.

Thank you so much for your message! I really appreciate this! He is applying for the Halfway house in February. The parole board wrote a recommendation for him to be granted halfway. We just gotta cross fingers thereís an opening!
Heíll be applying for interstate compact as well. But, either way... his MRD is in three years. We just take it day by day. We donít get heart broken over the ďnoĒís, we know eventually itíll be a yes - and thatís all that matters.

Ps: Is each Halfway House a different rent/cost?

Old 01-23-2018, 04:54 PM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
Thank you so much for your message! I really appreciate this! He is applying for the Halfway house in February. The parole board wrote a recommendation for him to be granted halfway. We just gotta cross fingers thereís an opening!
Heíll be applying for interstate compact as well. But, either way... his MRD is in three years. We just take it day by day. We donít get heart broken over the ďnoĒís, we know eventually itíll be a yes - and thatís all that matters.

Ps: Is each Halfway House a different rent/cost?
That's a great way to look at it. Stay positive.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:53 PM
Beach Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
That's a great way to look at it. Stay positive.

Thanks! 4 years down, possibly 3 more to go! 3 is better than 4.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post

That's it.
This isn't true and I'm not sure where you're getting your statistics from. At the facility my husband is at, the average parole approval is just about 48%.. they typically see 30 to 55 offenders a month.

There never is a "guarantee " for parole. Acceptance to a halfway house is by no means a guarantee for parole either. I know a guy that was in a halfway house for almost a year and now he's on ISP. He always followed the rules while in the halfway house and prison. He made sure he had a good job and his rent was always paid in the halfway house. He's been on ISP for 7 years and has seen parole 5 times. He has a ton of family support and recently his girlfriend had a baby. They are hoping for parole at the end of this year.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
MissStar (01-23-2018)