Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oregon.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:17 AM

Default Anybody here with someone in OSP?

My fiance is serving a 15yr sentence, he was transferred from Two Rivers to OSP, only another 10yr 6 months to go.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2016, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,813 Times in 3,071 Posts

Hi Mylittleb. I moved this into the the Prison Profiles subforum since that's where folks go to look at individual specific prison information. Hopefully someone besides me will have information for you.

Are you looking for any information in particular? Unfortunately, the only experience I had with OSP was when my Dad went into hospice there. I did visit him a couple of times in the visiting room before he got too sick to make it down to visitation, then I had to visit him in the hospice, which is a completely different process.

Since you're in the UK, it won't help you much for location, although OSP is closer to a couple of reasonably sized airports.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Mylittleb (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 07:27 AM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylittleb View Post
My fiance is serving a 15yr sentence, he was transferred from Two Rivers to OSP, only another 10yr 6 months to go.
In the past, I have had LO's at OSP. Currently one that is at Two Rivers, headed to Snake

From what I have been told, OSP is not as picky about petty shit as other prisons are. Of course you always have guards that want to exaggerate their control, but they ALL have guards like that.

If he keeps his shit straight A dorm is where he wants to be
Mylittleb (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Hi Mylittleb. I moved this into the the Prison Profiles subforum since that's where folks go to look at individual specific prison information. Hopefully someone besides me will have information for you.

Are you looking for any information in particular? Unfortunately, the only experience I had with OSP was when my Dad went into hospice there. I did visit him a couple of times in the visiting room before he got too sick to make it down to visitation, then I had to visit him in the hospice, which is a completely different process.

Since you're in the UK, it won't help you much for location, although OSP is closer to a couple of reasonably sized airports.
Hi, thanks for doing that. No, my fiance basically told me to get in here and get talking haha. As he is serving a long bid and I have no support system he thought it would be a good idea for me to reach out. I'm not sure which dorm he is in but I think he mentioned about getting into A dorm..but he has a previous escape charge from juvie so he isnt sure if it would go against him. Currently he has a job and seems to be doing great..its just a long long time to be riding it out on the outside by myself.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

He's right - you need to talk to people, and the best people to talk to are those who either have been there already or are still in it. PTO is a great place to land for finding non-judgmental people who can listen, give reasonable replies, have knowledge and aren't going to jump on the "how can you possibly stay with him when he did THAT?!" bandwagon.

All of us here (except the trolls, and please report those!) are dealing with the system. Some of us have loved ones or friends in for drugs, some for person-on-person crimes, some for sex offenses. But we're not here to talk about those on the inside and what they did or didn't do, or who has it worse than others.

We're here to provide support and information for those of us outside the fence who need to vent, find information, figure out how to deal with life after conviction of someone they care about.

My Dad was a sex offender. He did 3 years at OSCI before he transferred to the Pen's hospice because he had terminal cancer. He died in the Pen. My Dad was guilty. I stood by him despite the rather large number of people, including family members, who told me I should leave him to rot. He was an ass to me for the first 2 years, then started to realize that he got himself into the mess he was in and stopped being an ass. I have absolutely no regrets about standing by him. I don't even regret the "friends" I lost who stopped speaking to me.

When my dad died, he made me make a deathbed promise that I would "look after the guys" - 4 men he'd made friends with. So I went from 1 inmate with 7 years left to 4 inmates and 22 years left. I still don't regret it, and I am upholding my promise to my dad. I look after the guys as best I can.

We're good listeners here. Welcome.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
grannyG (09-15-2016), Mylittleb (06-08-2016), Sloth70 (03-02-2019)
Old 06-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
He's right - you need to talk to people, and the best people to talk to are those who either have been there already or are still in it. PTO is a great place to land for finding non-judgmental people who can listen, give reasonable replies, have knowledge and aren't going to jump on the "how can you possibly stay with him when he did THAT?!" bandwagon.

All of us here (except the trolls, and please report those!) are dealing with the system. Some of us have loved ones or friends in for drugs, some for person-on-person crimes, some for sex offenses. But we're not here to talk about those on the inside and what they did or didn't do, or who has it worse than others.

We're here to provide support and information for those of us outside the fence who need to vent, find information, figure out how to deal with life after conviction of someone they care about.

My Dad was a sex offender. He did 3 years at OSCI before he transferred to the Pen's hospice because he had terminal cancer. He died in the Pen. My Dad was guilty. I stood by him despite the rather large number of people, including family members, who told me I should leave him to rot. He was an ass to me for the first 2 years, then started to realize that he got himself into the mess he was in and stopped being an ass. I have absolutely no regrets about standing by him. I don't even regret the "friends" I lost who stopped speaking to me.

When my dad died, he made me make a deathbed promise that I would "look after the guys" - 4 men he'd made friends with. So I went from 1 inmate with 7 years left to 4 inmates and 22 years left. I still don't regret it, and I am upholding my promise to my dad. I look after the guys as best I can.

We're good listeners here. Welcome.
Yeah I think he was just concerned because I bottle all my feelings up and he picked up on it right away. 10 years is a long time, but in another way it isn't. Strange as it sounds but I have 0 time for meeting anybody on the outside and why would I want to meet someone just because its convinient when this guy makes me happy. He did wrong, he is more than remorseful and all he wants to do is focus on creating a better life for us when he gets out. I spoke to him last night and he mentioned about a few inmates receiving cards during holidays or events and he said it really does make a difference and is appreciated by those that do receive.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

My "guys" say that mail is what keeps them sane. Cards, letters, pictures, books - anything that is tangible proof that they haven't been forgotten and they're not pariahs.

So I make sure to communicate as much as possible, send books and each year before Thanksgiving, I put "surprise" money on their commissary accounts because the Christmas commissary list comes out right after Thanksgiving.

10 years can go by really fast. Time has this weird way of accelerating and decelerating. The 2 hours you spend waiting for him to out-process and walk through the gate will be longer than the 2 years before that.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:09 PM

[quote=GingerM;7538630]My "guys" say that mail is what keeps them sane. Cards, letters, pictures, books - anything that is tangible proof that they haven't been forgotten and they're not pariahs.

So I make sure to communicate as much as possible, send books and each year before Thanksgiving, I put "surprise" money on their commissary accounts because the Christmas commissary list comes out right after Thanksgiving.

10 years can go by really fast. Time has this weird way of accelerating and decelerating. The 2 hours you spend waiting for him to out-process and walk through the gate will be longer than the 2 .

I hope these 10 years go fast. We are already making plans for release., job, etc. He never told me that they get a commissary list..he won't let me spend a dime on him but I pay for half the calls because job or no job its expensive. I have sent books, letters,cards...even photos of where I take my dog for a walk. Surprising how the smallest things mean so much..saying that Ive received so many cards and pictures from him they are worth their weight in gold and more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mylittleb For This Useful Post:
GingerM (06-09-2016)
Old 08-05-2017, 10:43 AM

Smile

I realize this post is a bit old but my boyfriend is in OSP. From what he says even tho it is a maximum prison, it's one of the best places to be. I've only had a problem with 1 staff when I've visited but from what others say about her she is bad with everyone but all other staff have been great! They have no air conditioning there tho so he feels like he's in an oven!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joshsgirl17 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (08-05-2017)