Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Recidivism and Re-entry
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Recidivism and Re-entry Share information, research, and personal experiences.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts
Angry Upset not with him but with CDCR/DMV...they picked him up today

Well ladies I need your support tonight. It's been 5 days and everything was going well and falling in place. We went to the grocery store this afternoon. He wanted to go see his sister so he went over there. He called me and said he would be home in a little bit. Then he was arrested sitting on the porch at his sister's house. They came and called him to the car by name. They arrested him on a mis. failure to appear for a moving violation. He couldn't appear because he was in jail already. He tried to clear this up 4 months prior to him being released. They told him he couldn't clear it in prison. I tried to contact the court. I even started a thread on PTO looking for a live person to talk to because all I got was the automated system. We went to the DMV on Monday after we let his PO office. They told him it was not a warrent and he just needed to clear it up. He called but could not contact anyone. He planned to go and register tomorrow to take a class to get certified to work in the oil refineries tomorrow and he was going to go down in person to clear this up.

This is my problem. I am angry. I am so angry. They told me he looked like he wanted to break down and cry in the back seat of that police car. I know what he is thinking. I told him I would leave him if he went back. I did tell him I would stay if it is not his fault. This is not his fault. I know he is distraut and upset. He has done everything right and he is trying to make a life for himself. Why did they let him out in the first place? This is worse then when he first caught his case. This time he didn't even do anything.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:28 AM

Default failure to appear

Dear "A first timer"
I'm sorry that you had to experience this. I wish I had legal advice, but I don't. My son is in prison and everything was ok until... His father called me (he's in prison as well) to tell me that there is a "hold" on my son for another matter. His counselor voluntarily gave him the information when he asked. She was kind enough to do it. The computer just stated there is an Active Hold. My son wasn't aware of the "hold" and I broke the news to him just yesterday. I know that he has a failure to appear on his Calif. I.D. for driving without a license when he was 17 or 18 years old. (He is now 20). I have no clue as to any other reason for the hold but I am praying it isn't anything serious. He was drinking alot, taking ecstacy pills and who knows what he got into. He probably wouldn't have been informed of the hold until he is released (in 5 years). The court system isn't 100 percent, stuff slips through the cracks all the time. I read here on Prison Talk where people try to clear up their warrants while incarcerated, they're told there is no warrant, but when scheduled for release they detain them. It seems to happen quite frequently. Trying to get information from the Department of Corrections and the court system is like trying to walk on water. IMPOSSIBLE! You would think that the system would be on top of their game and had this matter cleared up prior to his release, but I guess "that's too much like right".

I feel your pain as I am riddled with worry. He has two strikes and that is a fearful thing to deal with. I can go on and on about that.

Once again, I am sorry for the upset and I surely can relate. Not his fault since he tried to clear it up.

Be strong. I will pray for you (and everyone here on Prison Talk). Please pray for me, too.

Take Care.

Last edited by MISSING MY GUYS; 09-16-2010 at 12:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to MISSING MY GUYS For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-16-2010)
Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 AM

Thanked 1,461 Times in 936 Posts

Omg afirstimer out of all ppl I didn't think this would be you posting. I know how upset u can be at cdcr they should have helped him it wasn't his fault he couldn't come to court. But I'm pretty sure he want to do time on fta my cousin was in jail for 2 days for that and got out look on the lasd.org and see how much his bail is and what they holding him for
The Following User Says Thank You to DaMeS_GiRl88 For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-16-2010)
Old 09-16-2010, 01:44 AM
his wifey

He called. He is on his way home. The officer who originally arrested him, the same officer who followed me home twice to "just say hello" and talked to me all through court saw him sitting on his sister's porch and ran his name and the ticket came up. This officer then brought him to IRC to try to have him processed. They would not take him because it's a mis. ticket. This officer stayed and tried to get him processed until his shift ended. I know I will see him drive by my house tomorrow. What legal rights do we have? I was already taken back the 2 times he did this to me and now that my man is out you bring him to jail again??? What can I do to prevent this from happening again. It seems this officer has a hard on for my man, or for me or both.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
his wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirsttimer View Post
It seems this officer has a hard on for my man, or for me or both.
Just an update...It seems it's me this officer has a hard on for ME!!! He couldn't have even seen him sitting on that porch. When he came home he told me the officer saw my car and then asked about ME. What can I do to prevent him from harsing us.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:08 AM
hez my beta half

idk how cally but u def needa go down to the poilce station and talk 2 some one u can trust cuz from the looks of things the officer isnt gonna stop till he gets what he wants if i was you i would try 2 do everything and anything before problems start..i wass just thinkin about u to cuz i had seen this post but diding comment cuz i was at work diding want them to yell at me lol..but u ran across my mind cuz i wanted to know how did the out come go 4 ya man did he get relase..thank god he did but theres still alot u haave 2 do..keep in touch and u are in my prayers

The Following User Says Thank You to ladymurda For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

First,i am very sorry you and your man had to be put thru so much UNNECESSARY drama!!That's the last thing you guys need right now.i'll tell you one thing,i'd be calling that officer's shift commander or whoever is in charge and complain.I'd also write down my complaints and mail them in to that precinct.that is harassment,plain and simple.your man has enough on his plate to deal with!!I'd be extra loving and reassuring for the next couple of days.again i'm sorry this happened.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Marty's Wife

Thanked 9,536 Times in 3,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirsttimer View Post
Just an update...It seems it's me this officer has a hard on for ME!!! He couldn't have even seen him sitting on that porch. When he came home he told me the officer saw my car and then asked about ME. What can I do to prevent him from harsing us.
I agree. This cop seems to want you home alone. If this is the city policeman you need to go to the state police and file a complaint on him. Where do you live? I wish you could go somewhere a bit less frequented by this cop when he is home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esteli For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-18-2010), FriscoLady (10-14-2010)
Old 09-21-2010, 11:12 PM

Thanked 5,448 Times in 1,495 Posts

I think it would be upsetting for your man to think this cop is hot for you. I would not go there. It is like this in my town, they go gunnin for ya. It is "small town mententality" and they do very bad things like this. One lies and another swears to it. He was just bustin em and trin to make things difficult. Misery loves company, be happy and stay in your own skin, he wants a reaction.
afirsttimer (09-21-2010)
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 PM
his wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebella View Post
I think it would be upsetting for your man to think this cop is hot for you. I would not go there. It is like this in my town, they go gunnin for ya. It is "small town mententality" and they do very bad things like this. One lies and another swears to it. He was just bustin em and trin to make things difficult. Misery loves company, be happy and stay in your own skin, he wants a reaction.
Yep!!!You are completely right with that statement. I never ever voiced that to him. I WILL NOT go there with him. He would be HOT!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:13 AM

(((((hugs)))) i'm so sorry you guys have been put thru this crap! there is no reason for this to be happening to you guys at all! Hang in there and just find out who to report this issue to -- and if you can't get help with the police, try contacting your local us representative if you have to! they can help with many things and that's what they are here for! We typically do not know or realize how much help we can get from our local us congressman rep!
keep us posted!
your pain may be more painful today, and my pain may be more painful tomorrow, your strength and courage may be higher today, and mine might be higher tomorrow, but one thing we all do share in ---- pain, strength and courage, and loving an inmate

I love him with everything i am and everything i have, including all my heart and soul <3
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronsbaby For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (10-18-2010)
Old 10-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Account Closed

Default How bizarre

It doesn't make a lot of sense does it?
Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 AM

MISSING:

Document, always document.

These people need to document everything that goes on, who told them what, and what date. Xerox a copy of everything and try to get an original document. Sending info should proceed from a xerox copy then registered mail. If I were going to an informational meeting of any kind, I'd wear a wire, seriously. If one officer tells him something, get his name. If they all did this, then one day a contradiction will turn out to be a real embarrassment in the courts.

This attitude by the justice system is a chronic attitude problem called institutionalized incompetence. They allow themselves to do this shoddy and careless work because these people are really defenseless. It constitutes an abuse of power and a reluctance to see them has paid up and returned. The risk to them is no more threatening than if they were documenting a cattle shipment.

Clevus

Last edited by Clevus; 10-07-2010 at 05:40 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clevus For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (10-18-2010), FriscoLady (10-14-2010), noboundries (10-10-2010), QPunky7408 (10-12-2010)