Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Hey tko1 are you sure he is at the supermax or ADX? I know the USP is on lockdown ever since the 12th of November. That is strange that he would go from an fci to the SuperMax..big difference is security levels.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 AM

ive a friend in adx prison i sent him a postcard in november but he doesnt yet reply to me
Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

If you sent a postcard, did you put your name and return address on it somewhere? If not, they won't give it to him.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 PM

Default USP Florence Riot

Does any one have any information on any lawsuits being filed against USP Florence and/or the BOP for the shootings during the riot in April 2008?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Donation Award 

Here's an article about a family unhappy with how the BOP was handling it. I suppose you could search PACER for the Denver federal court for that name and see if anything's been filed. Z.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_9340180

Here's another article. I haven't seen any articles that specifically mention any lawsuits.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...an-originally/

Last edited by Zelda50; 02-01-2009 at 09:49 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM

Default ADX Florence

I have found out today that my son is being sent to a prison called ADX Florence in Colorado. Can someone tell me about this prison. Any experiences that your family members or friends have. From the information I have found this is not a good place to go. Please help...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredonlongroad View Post
I have found out today that my son is being sent to a prison called ADX Florence in Colorado. Can someone tell me about this prison. Any experiences that your family members or friends have. From the information I have found this is not a good place to go. Please help...
It is not good he is being sent there, so you'll just need to be supportive and encourage him to make the best of it. ADX Florence is what's called a "Supermax" facility. It is for very high risk inmates, either because of their crimes or because they've gotten into serious trouble at other federal prisons. The inmates are in single cells and only get out of their cell once a day to exercise in an enclosed exercise pen, not with other inmates. Their shower is in their cell. They have very little communication with other inmates and have a TV in their cell, which has some regular TV and some educational classes which are very basic. Very little human contact whatsoever. They eat in their cells. They can, through the passage of time and good behavior, work their way into a "step down" program where they begin by eating at a table with 3 other inmates and then eventually work in a job - they can work their way (very slowly) back to a regular penitentiary. The visits have to be scheduled in advance and are only through glass, over a telephone. Telephone calls are very limited. Mail is the main way to communicate back and forth. Magazine subscriptions are very welcomed - as well as books to read!!! Many think a "control prison" like this is inhumane. Encourage your inmate to read, educate himself, and exercise to stay physically and mentally healthy.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM

I worked there 14 yrs. It sucked. YOuwill be lucky to hear anything. Remember, there are four facilities there, Camp, Low, High, ADX supermax.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM

Thanked 5,157 Times in 2,377 Posts

Have you looked on the BOP website? They say that is updated every morning!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Donation Award 

Default USP Florence

Hey everyone, anybody involved with USP Florence, Colorado?

Old 05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

I have been to ADX but not the USP side
Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 AM
andy's baby girl

Default florence, col.

does anyone know if it is on lockdown and if it is does anyone know why, thanks for any info.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Donation Award 

Default FCI Florence

Does anyone have any current information on things at the FCI? As I read through old posts, it doesn't seem like the complex itself gets much positive PR; Are things better at the FCI level than at the USP and Super max levels? My son was just told he will be going there. We live in Iowa, and were hoping for something closer (this is about as far away as he can get in our district). Any body have any info on how to appeal to be sent somewhere else?
Thanks
Old 10-10-2009, 10:32 PM

hello im to self surrender to fci florence on oct 27. Whitch really sucks!!! im from toledo ohio a 22 hour drive. so any one whithh any information about fci florence would be great.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM

Default ADMAX in Florence, CO

My husband, Gary, is at Florence ADMAX. I hate that place! His mother is dying from spinal cancer and I have been calling the chaplain for days, and so has his brothers, however the chaplain has not called any of us back (and he is there) nor has he given Gary any of our messages. I even had a minister call and the Chaplain did not do anything to respond to that call. What can I do? Gary's mother has very little time left and he deserves to be able to talk to his mother! Does anybody have any advice!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Donation Award 

ADMAX is a difficult place to deal with. The only suggestions I have are these: Go to the BOP website at www.bop.gov and find the ADMAX on the inmate locator. There should be an email address for the executive assistant to the warden. You could try emailing and asking that the chaplain or counselor call you. Put the inmate's name and BOP #, as well as your name and phone number.

You also might look on that website to find the phone number of the head of all the chaplains in the Central Office and call that person - maybe he/she would get the ADMAX chaplain doing his job. Otherwise, I think you're just stuck with writing to your inmate.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 AM

Default U need info about ADMAX ask me I served time there

Just to let you know. ADMAX is always going to be difficult to deal with. You ask for something it never gets done. I served time there for 4 years. It was an atrocity that I was put there. I didn't need to be isolated. I know I was specifically put there because of my past beliefs. I had some beliefs which I no longer have. But because I had them at the time of my crime I guess thats why I was put in ADMAX. They place everyone who has politically incorrect ideas there. But to tell you nothing gets done when you ask for it. I asked for things many times they said theyd do it it never got done. So be patient with the people at that pit of hell because you may never get anything out of them. I kno first hand because i spent 4 years there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jrocissano For This Useful Post:
Zelda50 (11-30-2009)
Old 01-06-2010, 01:53 AM

my man is in florence he says its not a bad place they have alot of resources for educational and work courses, hes hoping he can do his whole time there but we shall see. any other questions let me know and i can ask him
The Following User Says Thank You to whatshouldido For This Useful Post:
missingson (01-31-2010)
Old 01-16-2010, 09:15 AM

My son transferred from Leavenworth to USP Florence High and there seemed to be no delay in getting phone calls and letters.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Corey's Hermosa Mariposa

My boyfriend is at USP Florence and the only thing I noticed that right after a lockdown the mail is slow. As for phone calls I get them on the regular.

♥Like the clouds you Drift me away, far away And like the sun you Brighten my day, you brighten my day♥

Old 01-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Corey's Hermosa Mariposa

Red face Does Anyone Have a Family Member at USP Florence?

My boyfriend is at this facility and it would be nice to have other ladies to talk to that are "doin' time" along with their man. I'm really new at all of this.

♥Like the clouds you Drift me away, far away And like the sun you Brighten my day, you brighten my day♥

Old 01-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Corey's Hermosa Mariposa

My Baby is at USP Florence. He was transferred there from Yazoo MI so he could take some work courses they didnt have available anywhere else. There are a lot of lockdown's where he is at because of knucklheads that always want to fight over stupid stuff. He said that is the only drawback of being at USP are the lockdowns.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mariposa93009 For This Useful Post:
missingson (01-31-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Donation Award 

Thanks all. We have visited the FCI-it seems like a new and clean facility. We did have problems with the Ion Scanner (I was denied visit our second day), but basically our son seems content there and has been able to engage in several educational activities while there. We will try to visit again in April and pray we will not fall victim to the Ion scanner. Best wishes to all those with loved ones in the system--be sure and vote for the good time and ban of ion scanners on the change web site cited by Zelda.
The Following User Says Thank You to missingson For This Useful Post:
Mariposa93009 (02-04-2010)
Old 02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Donation Award 

Default FCI Florence on lock down

For anyone who has a loved one in Florence, I just learned they are on lockdown-I don't know why. I just called as we had not heard from our son on the usual day. The officer said he thought they would have visitation this weekend, but to call and check before coming to be sure. To the moderators--is there a specific thread to post about facilities on lockdown? it might be helpful for those of use who wonder when we don't hear from our loved ones--just a thought. Thanks for everyone's support-this site has helped us a great deal in the past 18 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to missingson For This Useful Post:
Mariposa93009 (02-04-2010)
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Corey's Hermosa Mariposa

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingson View Post
Thanks all. We have visited the FCI-it seems like a new and clean facility. We did have problems with the Ion Scanner (I was denied visit our second day), but basically our son seems content there and has been able to engage in several educational activities while there. We will try to visit again in April and pray we will not fall victim to the Ion scanner. Best wishes to all those with loved ones in the system--be sure and vote for the good time and ban of ion scanners on the change web site cited by Zelda.
Ohhhhh the dreaded ION scanner ! I heard that it is very sensitive and the least little thing you put on your body will make the scanner go off and give you a positive read even if you don't do drugs. I worry about this in my upcoming visit to USP Florence coming all the way from the East Coast. I tend to put lotions on my body and perfume.. hair products... even worried about handling money. Hope your son is adjusting.