Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Live. Love. Laugh.
Donation Award 

You can subscribe to different threads, and then go in and set your notifications so that you get an email each time a new post is added to that specific thread.

Does that help?
The Following User Says Thank You to LovinMyPrisoner For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 02:59 AM

Default Thanks for your help

Yes, and with just that little guidance it was a piece of cake.
The Following User Says Thank You to luvmydaughter For This Useful Post:
LovinMyPrisoner (02-19-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Default Interstate compact

Thank you for the welcome. I am a parolee in ca. I have an active interstate comp. To or. They have already gone to my place of residence in milwaukie or. And said they are going to accept me this was on 2-15-09 the paperwork coming back to my agent here in ca. Is all im waiting for does anyone have a clue as to how long that is going to take ive been on a friends sofa for a month and i want to get home to my job and my kids i had been abscounding in or. From my ca. Parole for 4yrs but of course that catches up to you any info would be greatly appr. By me and my fiancee. Thank you
Old 03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

I have no idea how long the paperwork will take to go through Interstate Compact - seems like it should be any day now. You can call the Interstate Compact Office in Oregon and inquire. Z.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM

Hi

my name is
beverly I have a son in prison in oregon system. I need to know which group I
would need to go to for medical info. He has been told he has blood in his urine
for about 2 months now. but they have done nothing about it yet. except put him
on iron to get rid of his enemia. So if any one can give me some advise about this.
I would be very appericated

THANK YOU
bEV
Old 03-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Bev (aka larrysmom), welcome to PTO. Yes, where your son is in prison in Oregon, you came to the right place for info on the Oregon prison system. First off, has your son signed paper work authorizing the release of his medical information to you? That is the first place you need to start. Without that, you will be spinning your wheels because they (medical) won't be able to speak to you. Second, once your son has signed that paper work, I would recommend you call Health services at the prison your son is at and ask questions. Remember, attitude is everything with DOC. We do not get to yell, rant and rave, or make accusations, rather must always be polite and sweet. If you want to name the prison he is at, anyone here would be willing to get phone numbers for you for health services (or tell you how to find them if you would prefer). I type into my browser: Oregon Department of Corrections, and choose from there. Then, I can usually find what I am looking for on their site, for phone numbers. Also, I can type in the name of the prison I am after, and they all have their own websites. Some have more information than others. For example: EOCI has names, e-mails, and phone numbers for the people I may need or wish to contact -- listed right on their page. Also, remember that once you start talking to someone about your son's medical needs, get that person's e-mail address and send them a follow up e-mail with what the conversation was about. Keep this e-mail for your records, it is a way of tracking who you have spoken to, and what about.
Thanks for joining us. G.
dmmke08 (03-05-2009), larrysmom (03-05-2009), Mzdreamer7 (12-31-2011)
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM

Default Hi

My husband was moved from the Justice Center to TRCI in 2004 and that is when I moved from Salem to Umatilla and we spent 3 yrs seeing each other every visiting day. It was great the rent was cheap I had a 3 bedroom one bath for $500.00 a month and it was 3 miles from TRCI. I also used my place for a weekend home to other women from far away so they did not have to pay for a motel while visiting their significant other.

However just when we were getting comfortable with our life the system up and moved my husband way out to SRCI in Ontario, OR on the Idaho/Oregon border. I decided to move back to Portland due to the poor jobs in Umatilla, Herminston, Pendleton etc.... So I have been back in Portland for 2 yrs and I only see him once every 3 months due the the expense to travel and pay for motels. Needles to say the system will not break our love, trust and friendship we have built for over 7 yrs. I was glad I moved to Umatilla but the jobs do not pay that much and there is not many out there to choose from.
There is also a van pool from Heart of the Dove that goes to Umatilla, Pendleton, and Ontario usually twice a month. I just went with the van on the 20th of February and it was great. The cost for the whole weekend was so much cheaper then if I had to do it myself, plus I got to sleep while someone else did the driving. I had a wonderful visit with my husband, the last time we had a visit was last April..... I did not know about the Heart of the Dove van pool ride and had put so many miles on my car that I just did not want to drive anymore.
Let me knoiw if you need any other info.

Debbie Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabysluvnPrison View Post
Hi I am new to this whole thing but my fiance is currently in TRCI in Umatilla Oregon. I am 29yrs old and have a 9 almost 10 yr old daughter. We have been dealing with the DOC since 2000 and been through OSP SRCI and TRCI who knows if they will move him again. Currently I live in Salem but I'm thinking about moving back to Pendleton or Hermiston. I would really love to meet others in my situation... as I still have about 6 yrs to go right now his release date is 02-14-2012
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

Hello and welcome Larry's mom and Debbie Lee!!!! Glad you found us here on PTO. Pull up and chair and get to know some of these wonderful people that have been holding it down like you two while our loved ones are in the system.

Debbie Lee, well the only good thing about moving to Ontario would be the rent again! Jobs? Well not as plentiful as Portland (if one could use plentiful and jobs in the same sentence any where in Oregon) but you also have the jobs in Idaho too. I personally, and don't get me wrong I have made a lot of great friends that live in Ontario, but I just could not live over there!!! I call it the Arm pit of Oregon.

Larry's mom let us know how your challenge is going with the medical where your son is at. There maybe other steps we can send you if you don't find that to be satisfactory.

Well again, Welcome! Can't wait to see your posts!

Dawn
Old 03-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Hi Dawn,
I have actually found an excellent job here in Tualatin. I process payroll for GE Security for 3,500 employees in over 40 different states. I have actually foubd my dream job and have been at it for 3 years now. So I would not even think of even moving to Ontario od Idaho. Plus my husband just won his final appeals case and as soon as they give him his time back he will be coming home a lot sooner then 9-1-2014.

Thanks
Debbie

Last edited by dlee0856; 03-08-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 PM

That is excellent news Dlee I hope everything goes well for you and your husband. Our prayers are with you on this. It sounds like you have a great job, I dont blame you for staying put.

Also Dlee welcome to PTO. You are at a great place here.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:38 PM

Larry's mom welcome to PTO.
I hope things are ok for your son. I would check out those health issues. You are at the right place here, many people who can help. I wish you nd your son the best you will be in our prayers. If you are having difficulty with medical as Dawn stated there maybe other steps to help.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM

Thanks I am still trying to get the hang of this web site it is big and hard to adjust to.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Just living day by day!!
Donation Award 

My husband and I have have been together since we were 15 (we are now 22) and we have 3 young children at home. He was recently sentanced to 24 months and he is at EOCI. I learned about this website by a phone call from grannyg and I am thankful for that. I have just begun to try and figure it out but so far I am really liking it!! I like knowing that I am not not alone and that there are people who understand what I am going through! Other people are so quick to judge and give their unwanted advice. I am sooo tired of hearing people say I should just move on and find someone else!!! I am looking forward to meeting new people here and learning everything I can from others in my situation!!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm his Queen

Default Introducing myself

Hello. I am positivelysad. My man is in Sheridan FCi Oregon. He will be released in July. It doesn't make it any easier. As the days pass...my heart is still aching.

I cried today, yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. He ran out of minutes quickly this month and we didn't talk for more than 10 days. I write to him all the time and I receive mail and pictures from him too.

But lately I have been overwhelmed with feelings of sadness and missing him so much. He is trying to preserve his phone minutes so he called on Sunday twice and now I have to wait til he calls again, when?

I didn't get a letter yesterday or today so I am really sad.
Is the mail slow there? Maybe he ran out of stamps?
My head shouldn't think so much cause prison is prison and they can't do what they would like to do or what I would like him to do. ha ha

Someone help me. I need patience and more understanding. Time is coming up for his release, but lately I feel like I cannot eat, it's hard for me to fall asleep. I don't want to worry him or upset him by telling him this. He would worry.

HELP...
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome! My husband is at Sheridan also. You might want to participate in the Federal Prison Forum also here on PTO. If you click on U.S. Regional Forums at the top of this page, then scroll down, it's one of the first listed. There is no mail processing at Sheridan FCI on the weekends, so that might be why you have a couple days without mail. It's usually processed pretty quickly there though. He could also be out of stamps and waiting for his commissary. If he only has until July to serve, then he's relatively "short" - take it a week at a time and he'll be out of there before you know it. Z.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
He is my sunshine...
Donation Award 

hi...i'm new here too. i'm still trying to navigate around all of this. i'm glad i found this site...without it, i'd be one step closer to losing my mind!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Boss

Welcome to the new members. Everyone deals with this life in their own way, everyone adjusts at their own pace. The best advice I can give is to let go of the things that aren't within your control, and to appreciate the factors that are. Keep yourself busy to keep your mind off the prison. I try to keep a positive and grateful attitude, and it helps me immensely. Don't forget to take care of yourself first! Take care.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 AM

Default Two Rivers...

[quote=BabysluvnPrison;1775720]Hi I am new to this whole thing but my fiance is currently in TRCI in Umatilla Oregon. I am 29yrs old and have a 9 almost 10 yr old daughter. We have been dealing with the DOC since 2000 and been through OSP SRCI and TRCI who knows if they will move him again. Currently I live in Salem but I'm thinking about moving back to Pendleton or Hermiston. I would really love to meet others in my situation... as I still have about 6 yrs to go right now his release date is 02-14-2012

Hi Babysluv^^,
I did most of my time at Two Rivers. It's a very different type of prison, as I'm sure you have heard or know by now. It is not only the most secure prison built in Oregon thus far(you should here the way/why it was built like it is some day), but it was also designed for an entire different population than is there these days. In fact, if you've ever had a visit there? Consider yourself lucky, because the way it was meant to be is that people were to only have Video visits. I've seen and been in the units, and I've worked in the rooms that each Unit has, where you can see the tables and holes/electric places where the video monitors where to be placed. Designed to originally keep opposing gangs from being able to get near one another (hence NO common large yard for everyone, like all other prisons?), due to money stress, it too never evolved as it should have. I'll tell ya, you could have a best friend in the Unit next door, and unless you have a school or class of some type together, you would NEVER even know he was there, or be able to see him! Since it's not being run the way intended, there's many ways to see old friends, etc. these days. It's actually a great place to do time, after you get use to it. The same old thing is always said about Two Rivers, and who knows why, but,
"time really goes by fast", there. Ever heard that?
Best wishes, from a guy who did 33 mos. for Rob 2, and was released 14 mos ago!!! Outlawman
PS Feel free to ask any questions you may ever have, ok??
Old 04-12-2009, 09:02 AM

[quote=one_luv;4569997]Welcome to the new members. Everyone deals with this life in their own way, everyone adjusts at their own pace. The best advice I can give is to let go of the things that aren't within your control, and to appreciate the factors that are. Keep yourself busy to keep your mind off the prison. I try to keep a positive and grateful attitude, and it helps me immensely. Don't forget to take care of yourself first! Take care.

That's such great advice^^^. What alot of guys don't realize is that the woman that they are with is also "doing time", right? it's an amazing experience, for both people, but I don't reccomend it.

Thanks, Outlawman
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 AM

Default Sheridan...

[quote=Zelda50;4531296]Welcome! My husband is at Sheridan also. You might want to participate in the Federal Prison Forum also here on PTO. If you click on U.S. Regional Forums at the top of this page, then scroll down, it's one of the first listed. There is no mail processing at Sheridan FCI on the weekends, so that might be why you have a couple days without mail. It's usually processed pretty quickly there though. He could also be out of stamps and waiting for his commissary. If he only has until July to serve, then he's relatively "short" - take it a week at a time and he'll be out of there before you know it. Z.

Hi Z,
I have a very, very close friend at Sheridan(at the camp side, I believe?). We met while we were both at the Lane Co. Jail, both going thru are court proccess, and getting to know each other. He is due out in less than 2-2 1/2 yrs., and we've been really close ever since. While I was down, my girl would piggyback our letters to each other, so we were able to stil write each other. His name is Trent Sells, maybe your hubby knows him??

Nice to meet you, Outlawman
Old 04-12-2009, 09:21 AM

Hi All, My name is Jess, current resident of Oregon. I have sort of a similar story to a lot of you. I met Willie when I was 16. He was my very first love. We broke up when I was 18, and lost touch for a while, then met back up when I was 20...then lost touch again. I guess I always thought he would be there. I'm 25 now. Then I go looking for him for the past week or so, and find out from a friend that he is locked up. I look in the Oregon records, and sure enough. Earliest release date? 2021.I'm devestated, heartbroken, sick to my stomach. I found out how to write him, so I've already written my letter, and is going to be sent off on Monday. I'm hoping and praying that he will write me back or call me. So yea, I'm also one of the new addicts to this site, I love reading other people's stories, and I think its so wonderful how you all are so loyal to your boyfriend/husbands. My Lee Lee is locked up at EOCI, so I'm trying to get as much info as I can, about writing, calling, visiting, etc.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

LeeLeez, WELCOME to PTO!!! I hear you on the devistation feeling. Great thing is finding this site. May you get all the support that you are looking for. We are all in the same place with many of the same feelings and many of the same concerns. Having contact with people going through the same things makes life so much easier. Again, welcome! Glad to have you and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Dawn
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the newcomers. Outlawman - Glad to hear you've been out for this long now - good work!! I don't think my husband would know your friend because the camp is completely separate from the FCI. The Sheridan FCI camp just got email this week for prisoners - thought maybe you'd want to know that. It's not online access. The prisoner submits the email address. Email is sent and received but stored by the BOP and reviewed. Z.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 AM

Hi my name is Sadie. My boyfriend is currently in CCCF, in intake. We are from Washington but he got into trouble in Portland. This is my second time riding out his sentance with him and this is his third time doing prison time. First time in Oregon though. We've been together since October 2006. He is 23 and I am 20. I am 38 weeks pregnant with our baby girl, Ziggy Rae. I got knocked up the day he got released last time. Dumb of me, I know, but for some reason I wasn't prepared with protection. I did use Plan B though, and obviously it failed! His release date is 10/17/2009.
PTO is awesome. It helped me through the first time and has been more supportive of me than my own family this second time around.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seezo View Post
Hi my name is Sadie. My boyfriend is currently in CCCF, in intake. We are from Washington but he got into trouble in Portland. This is my second time riding out his sentance with him and this is his third time doing prison time. First time in Oregon though. We've been together since October 2006. He is 23 and I am 20. I am 38 weeks pregnant with our baby girl, Ziggy Rae. I got knocked up the day he got released last time. Dumb of me, I know, but for some reason I wasn't prepared with protection. I did use Plan B though, and obviously it failed! His release date is 10/17/2009.
PTO is awesome. It helped me through the first time and has been more supportive of me than my own family this second time around.

Welcome Sadie! I am so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Congrats on the baby girl! I love the name....at 38 weeks looks like she will be here any day now. I am also young mother I have to children with my bf who is in prison here in OR. And my brother as well . PTO is awesome and welcome to our Oregon Family we have some amazing memeber who are very well at helping others, many have helped me along this way!
"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." -The Notebook

Last edited by miss k_0836; 04-29-2009 at 01:41 AM..