Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia1223 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to talk to other's that have loved one's in FCI-Ashland, KY. My man is there and I'd love to chat with you if you do!

Maybe we can help each other out!

Keep Smiling!
Tia
Hello my husband will be going in on March 16,2010. We have 4 kids together and I'm very scared. What do I need to expect? I try my best to hold my head up but things are hard...Please give me some advice on how things work..

Paige
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM

ANYone from south carolina with a loved one in ashland.. i am going to see my love in about a month &* wanted to see if anyone else would be traveling from my town or near by ll GReenville, SC my name is taylor ;; hit me up!!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Hello my name is brittany and i am 21 yrs old. i just dropped my husband off at fci ashland yesterday and i am very sad and curious to know more about it plz plz let me know thank you.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanb View Post
My name is Bryan iam 28, i was locked up at Ashland, for 36 months, it was hard, but its worst in alot of other places. The food is terrible, the CO's are jerk offs, but its prison u know, but most guy will always say its horrible just so people will do things for them. I meet alot of good people in there. I have been home now three years. I have a good job and do better than ever. It taught me lesson. SO if anyone would like to chat and know more about ashland u can ask me
i was wondering if it is a safe place, if it is less restricted than other places if you can answer this plz do thank you
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Unhappy T-cincy, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovefrog View Post
Hello,
My cousin just went to Ashland. It's only been a week. But I saw this site and wanted to join in I am in Charlotte Nc. I must admit I cried when I read the post about how crapy it is there. I would love any input to make this easier.

Thanks,
lovefrog

Apparently my husband is there now in "Special Units"? But they will not tell me why, when he was sent there, or how long he will be there. He has been in the camp across the street for 28 months now, then I stopped getting calls and letters last Thursday. I can't get any info except that he is over there. Does anyone know why this would happen?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:12 PM

My guy is in Ashland, Ky. I don't know a lot about the place, he has been there since late May, 2010. I know there is no air con. in the units, but there is air in the library. The summer has been very hot and humid. The inmates can "buy" a personal fan to help them keep cool. I'm wondering how cold its going to be come winter. Time will tell. My man has not had any problems as of yet. He had one encounter when he moved an area fan and another inmate wasn't happy about it, nothing happened except a push from the other guy. I have been to visit him once, if any one has questions on that I can try to answer any questions on that. Not much help, I'm sorry. But I will try to answer anything else you may think of, if I know the answer.

"Life is What Happens
When You're Making
Other Plans"
John Lennon
Old 10-18-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyinGA View Post
My boyfriend is going to Ashland . I cannot find any info on it. Is it an okay place ?
My husband is going to Ashland in a couple of weeks. I haven't been able to find alot out about the place either. I'm in ohio.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBrian View Post
i was wondering if it is a safe place, if it is less restricted than other places if you can answer this plz do thank you
My husband is about to be sent to Ashland. I can't find much out about the place. Can you tell me some of the rules for the inmates and what he should keep his eyes open for. I mean.. it is prison.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 AM

from what I understand they have a decent sized unicor shop. From what I heard from someone who did some time there it wasnt too bad, I dont remember that many specifics. I think they had dorm style housing, and smaller "rooms" as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:42 AM

Do anyone know if inmates can receive XXL magazines?? Our anniversary is coming up, and I know he asked for a magazine sometime ago.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 PM

I have a friend that just got there. what should he expect
matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Dragon View Post
My guy is in Ashland, Ky. I don't know a lot about the place, he has been there since late May, 2010. I know there is no air con. in the units, but there is air in the library. The summer has been very hot and humid. The inmates can "buy" a personal fan to help them keep cool. I'm wondering how cold its going to be come winter. Time will tell. My man has not had any problems as of yet. He had one encounter when he moved an area fan and another inmate wasn't happy about it, nothing happened except a push from the other guy. I have been to visit him once, if any one has questions on that I can try to answer any questions on that. Not much help, I'm sorry. But I will try to answer anything else you may think of, if I know the answer.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanb View Post
Hi there My name is Bryan i was locked up in ashland for 36 months i can answer question,

Do you know anything about the minimum security camp at Ashland? Food, sports?, activities, level of freedom, etc?
Thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 11:44 PM

My husband is at Ashland. It isn't too bad for a prison. I wish the visiting area was a little nicer for the kids but even that isn't bad.
We will be much happier when he is home.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Always thinking of you.

Has anyone heard about FCI Ashland getting email/internet recently?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 AM

I ss to Ashland fpc for a 60 month bid on the 23rd of this month, anybody have any info on the camp? Recreation/sports? Visiting for kids? I am trying to learn anything and everything, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Hi saddad and welcome to the PTO forum...my husband will be sentenced to FPC in March, and I have been looking for information as well regarding the camp. I have been looking around to see what I can find, and here is what I have come across....At one time, Forbes magazine called FPC Ashland the best prison camp. They rated the 10 best. Just google FORBES MAGAZINE BEST PRISON CAMP....would love to share information with you...maybe we can help each other out
The Following User Says Thank You to theresar For This Useful Post:
Saddadchicago (02-10-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Does the prison have e-mail?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 PM

Default ashland boy freed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia1223 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to talk to other's that have loved one's in FCI-Ashland, KY. My man is there and I'd love to chat with you if you do!

Maybe we can help each other out!

Keep Smiling!
Tia
hi i was in ashland fci for about 7 years.from 1992 to 1999.i run a website for federal inmates to help them in all areas,case work/prep release/inside needs/ect, i would love to talk to you, i keep in contact with the staff there and soon plan to go back to speak to inmates about things to help them.please send me an email to (removed per policy; please contact member via pm system) and we can take it from there,thanks

Last edited by patchouli; 04-27-2011 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: removed email addy
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Kristen

Default Ashland Kentucky

My fiance is currently being transferred there from Butner NC---can I get any new info on the facility?? I am really upset about this transfer especially since it was too be closer to home and now it is even further. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:17 AM

My man is in Ashland and has been there for 6 or 7 yrs. I am just learning alot about it myself. Since Corrlinks was started we have gotten alot closer and are able to communicate everyday now.
If I can help in any way let me know. If I can answer any questions or just be supoportive. I will do my best. I am new to the forum and am so glad I stumbled across it.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:50 AM

finally i see this i have been searching this site for a while now and finally found what i have been looking for... My man has been there for about 3 months and i have no clue how anything works i have only gotten one letter from him so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Default ashland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysgirl28 View Post
Hello,
My boyfriend has been there for about a full year now. He is serving a mandatory 15 years, breaks down to about ten years left. I miss him and yet to go and see him, (financially) resources are not very good and I live in Michigan, I can't wait until June because that is when I hope to make our first visit where he can touch, smell, and hold his daughter for the first time, she is now 18 months. He says it's ok, but we are hoping to get a transfer to Michigan after he gets a full year in. So if you want to chat, hit me up anytime.
hey is your man still at ashland?? hmu Personal contact information removed per PTO policy. Please send PM to member.

Last edited by MiniMoose; 10-10-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 AM

ok so i am toatally new to all this (site) and i see most of these posts are years passed?! does anyone have any additional info on ashland fci!? Contact information removed per PTO policy.

Last edited by MiniMoose; 10-10-2011 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Removed personal contact information
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
My man is in Ashland and has been there for 6 or 7 yrs. I am just learning alot about it myself. Since Corrlinks was started we have gotten alot closer and are able to communicate everyday now.
If I can help in any way let me know. If I can answer any questions or just be supoportive. I will do my best. I am new to the forum and am so glad I stumbled across it.

omg finally someone who's post isn't 3 years old...so my man just got sent there and i have no idea what to think?! im in texas and its soo far! can you tell me a bit more of the place?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM

Other than Ashland being in the middle of nowhere, it sounds like a not-so-bad place to be as prisons go. It is a low security facility so the guard to inmate ratio is fairly low. My guy has been there 2.5 years with just under 2 more to go. The visitation room is small with not a lot to do but sit next to or across from each other and talk. If you are going for your first visit, read the rules on the BOP's website for dress code. I have seen my share of visitors get sent away to change because they didn't know or follow the rules.

The housing is setup in dorm style. If in a squad room, you are sharing with 9 other guys. Otherwise it is 2 to a room. Guards will do random locker and room searches looking for things that an inmate shouldn't have but over all it sounds like there isn't too many issues there as long as one follows the rules.