Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:38 PM

Default Fiance now in Camp Hill, why was he moved so much? How do I figure his time

My fiance got sentenced to 18 months he severed 5 months in our county jail then got transferred to camp hill then to sci Greene was there for 2 weeks then got transferred again to camp hill that's where he is at now waiting to be transferred again to his home jail.
Why was he being transferred so much for?
He's now served 6 months and hasn't caused any problems at all he's been beaten up and choked and just let it happen he doesn't want to fight back cause he doesn't want charges added on he says he a level 2 at camp hill. Anything anyone can tell me about level 2?

I am not understanding how much time he has left in jail I know u have to do 85 percent of ur sentence before they can let you out. Do u do 85 percent of 18 is 15
I thought if u did 18 Minus 6 is 12 then he would have 3 months but others are saying u take the 15 minus 6 and that's what he's got left which one is true? Will he serve all of that at all.

I looked at his court calendar and it says he has a criminal argument what is that and why does he need to go to that.

When will they send him to his home jail

Recently he told me he is skin and bones and he goes to bed hungry at night guess camp hill isn't feeding them good at all.

Sorry for all the questions nobody will tell me anything on any of this stuff
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2018, 08:28 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,046 Times in 16,166 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO! First: slow down, take a breath, and take your time reading in the PA forum / waiting for replies

I can't answer all your questions...I'm more familiar with my home state of KY. I'll look up a few things & give you some links that you may want to bookmark. I'll be right back.....

EDIT: Here is a link to the 2017 Inmate Handbook for PA:
https://www.cor.pa.gov/About%20Us/Do...20Handbook.pdf

And the PA DOC pages will help you through-out your journey:

https://www.cor.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Also, the PA General Assembly, which is where you find PA's Statutes (laws) governing Incarceration, Good Time, Parole Eligibility, Parole / Probation, etc:
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/

...and last but not least PA's Board of Pardons:

https://www.bop.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Sorry its taken a minute to get back to you....and then I dropped the research right in your lap! but the cookies didn't burn and the last bit of laundry is in the dryer

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 12-23-2018 at 10:19 PM..
Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,270 Posts

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties your fiance is having.

First, there is no "85% rule." That's just a jailhouse myth rooted in a now obscure federal fuding law. Your fiance is eligible for parole as soon as he has served the 18-month minimum imposed by the judge and he gets credit for all time served. It sounds like he has about a year to his minimum.

You don't say which county sent him to prison, so it's hard to analyze the moves. The DOC has three intake points for men: Phoenix (east), Camp Hill (central) and Greene (west). These are the prisons where counties drop off state inmates. All male inmatesa eventually go to Camp Hill for classification. If he has gone back and forth between CH and GRN, I think it may have something to do with special needs.

Classification takes a few months once it starts. (If he's on Camp Hill's "R-Unit.") From there, he will be sent to whatever facility they deem is best for him and fits with the available bed spaces.

The argument you see scheduled on his docket may be for post-sentence motions; he doesn't have to be there unless counsel wants him to testify or make statements. He has a right to be there if he wants to. It can also be done by video in many cases.

If he is being asaulted, he should report it. He will not be charged with new crimes, although the DOC generally locks all fight participants in the RHU. Still, he can't just sit back and be victimized. On R-Unit, they're constantly going to medical testing and someone is eventually going to notice.

If you want to PM me with more specific information, I will have someone look into it.

Bob