Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Parole, Probation & Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Be the message.

Default Faint Hope Clause

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I get the general idea, but I'm wondering if this has really worked for anyone. It seems like everything I look up shows that it was once upon a time more granted than it is now a days.

Any insight?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2016, 07:45 AM

If you do a lot of digging online you can find the actual stats from each province as it varies from each.
It is being phased out so if it is for a newer sentence then it won't apply, ie since 2011.
It costs a huge amount of money to pay the lawyer to present the case.
There are so many factors to consider and it goes before a jury and it is tough. We have heard of guys that are "perfect candidates" not get it because the jury was focused on the actual crime and not on all the programs he has done and progresss he has made. Also if there is any denial or avoidance of programs then the application likely won't go past the initial screening by the judge.
Feel free to pm me as I have researched this extensively and know of some very specific cases.
The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyelle For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-15-2016)