Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to SVSP Salinas Valley State Prison located in Soledad, California.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEES_LUVLEE View Post
hi ladies my husband may be heading to salinas valley i was wondering if any of you could tell me how visiting is there. we have a 2 year old. is there a play area? can we go outside? or do the kids have to just sit there? & can they go with us to the vending machines & microwave? thanx ladies=)
Hey, Salinas Valley visiting is very strict more so to get in than in the actuall visiting room. My hubby is in "C" yard and we too have a 2 year old. It gets difficult at times cause we can NOT go outside and there is no play area they have game boards, books, colors basic things but kids get irritated being a table for so long. You guys can walk around the visiting room in a big circle that's about it. Inmates are allowed to go to the vending machines only to point out what they want but they can't stand around. Microwaves not at all you heat things up they can't be by the microwave talking or keeping you company... As for the kids they can be anywhere u are. I'm not sure about other yards but "C" is like that... If he has an option tell him to go to a different prison...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 PM

My husband just got transferred to S.V.S.P. and I wanted to know how are visits at this prison? What is the dress code, , how far in advance do I have to make an appt, how much $ is allowed, and how does processing wk. I haven't had contact visits in a while. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:40 AM

Can someone tell me what time walk-ins are? Thanks
Old 09-06-2014, 05:44 AM

You can bring in$50 per adult and $20 per child. Nothing low cut or tight no light grey or white shirts. Stay away from blue and greens. You can make an appointment 2 weeks in advance for contact visits. Call for non contact visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almalvscesar View Post
My husband just got transferred to S.V.S.P. and I wanted to know how are visits at this prison? What is the dress code, , how far in advance do I have to make an appt, how much $ is allowed, and how does processing wk. I haven't had contact visits in a while. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Thank you tea12. I appreciate the info. I'm now just waiting on the ok from him to visit. He just got there this week so hopefully in won't be to long, I so need a contract visit.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almalvscesar View Post
Welcome Almalvscesar! There is also a change machine if you put in a $20.00 it will give you $1.00 in silver dollars. Take quarters to, maybe $5.00 worth. For the first visit wear something baggy and black. No denim. Only 1 ring , 1 pair of earings, one watch. Make sure you use a clear make up like bag or a clear baggy. Food has gone up. Even in the vending machines and soda and chip and candy & sandwiches machines. Have fun be on time and dont try and get to close to your man cuz the C.O.'S Are cool to us who have been there visiting for years cuz we ahow them respecet and they do to use. Idk what tard you go to either but good luck . If I can help you feel free to P.M me anytime ok.
Lyffe
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea12 View Post
Can someone tell me what time walk-ins are? Thanks
Walk ins are at 10:00 a.m. not 11:00 anymore
Old 09-08-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyffe View Post
Welcome Almalvscesar! There is also a change machine if you put in a $20.00 it will give you $1.00 in silver dollars. Take quarters to, maybe $5.00 worth. For the first visit wear something baggy and black. No denim. Only 1 ring , 1 pair of earings, one watch. Make sure you use a clear make up like bag or a clear baggy. Food has gone up. Even in the vending machines and soda and chip and candy & sandwiches machines. Have fun be on time and dont try and get to close to your man cuz the C.O.'S Are cool to us who have been there visiting for years cuz we ahow them respecet and they do to use. Idk what tard you go to either but good luck . If I can help you feel free to P.M me anytime ok.
Lyffe

Thank you Lyffe. I really appreciate the info. I'm not sure what yard he's going to either since he just got transferred I'm waiting on him to write me to give me his new info. I know how strict things have gotten n the changes to the visiting so I will keep that in mind. Things are different in every prison so its best to go with the flow of things.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:07 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm really hoping one of you can help me. I was planning on driving down to SVSP tomorrow for a walk in appointment and try to get a visit. I just registered with the vpass and was too late to get an appointment for this weekend. So I figured I should maybe at least try and go in at 10 tomorrow. I've never been to this facility before and I'm not sure which block my guy is in. Is there one main walk in area I go to with everyone else? And I was wondering if I should even make the trip or just wait till I make an actual appointment with the vpass. How successful was it for you or for others when they just walk in for a visit? ANY information or advice would be grately appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdesert2009 View Post
Hi Ladies, I'm really hoping one of you can help me. I was planning on driving down to SVSP tomorrow for a walk in appointment and try to get a visit. I just registered with the vpass and was too late to get an appointment for this weekend. So I figured I should maybe at least try and go in at 10 tomorrow. I've never been to this facility before and I'm not sure which block my guy is in. Is there one main walk in area I go to with everyone else? And I was wondering if I should even make the trip or just wait till I make an actual appointment with the vpass. How successful was it for you or for others when they just walk in for a visit? ANY information or advice would be grately appreciated! Thanks everyone!
yes theres only one main walk in area. i go with out an appointment and get in pretty quick sometimes but my man is in M yard which is on the side of the prison (its a level 1 yard). it al depends on how many people are there that day.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:59 PM

Hey ladies.
For anyone that is visiting without an appt , the earliest time to get there is 9:45am any earlier Sergeant Segura will make you walk back to your car and tell you to come back at 9:45. Make sure to save yourself that walk because is a long one.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:56 PM

My love will be landing here soon how are visits and dress code where he is at I love so sad to leave cause dress code was very lax
Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 PM

How do I create a post anyone??? I need info on d.s.h Salinas valley
Old 04-14-2015, 11:27 PM

This prison is very strict. Look at previous posts because their is a lot of info in here. They will make you change if they think you are not dressed correctly. Go as conservative as you can.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,022 Times in 536 Posts

Hello klinus,

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation VPASS System has changed your preferred facility message. Your preferred facility is Salinas Valley State Prison..

New Message:

Dress standards: Clothing shall not expose breast/chest area, genitals, or buttocks. Visitors shall wear shoes. Dresses, shorts, and slits in skirts, must be no more than 2 inches above the knee. No underwire bras. No clothing that resembles inmate clothes, e.g blue shirt, blue denim pants. No clothing that resembles law enforcement clothes (green pant/beige shirt), military-type or camouflage-patterned clothing. No shear, transparent, or excessively tight fitted clothing. No clothing that allows the anatomical detail of body parts or midriff to be clearly viewed. No attire displaying obscene/offensive language/drawings/known gang logos. One (1) handkerchief. No bandanas. VPASS appointments become available on Sundays at 7 p.m. The status of each facility may change without prior notice: Visiting Status is as follows: Facility A regular contact Visits; Facility B regular contact visits; Facility C Buildings 1-4 modified program (Northerners only- no visits) remaining population contact visits, Buildings 5-6 Non-Contact visits, Building 7-8 Regular Contact Visits; Facility D Buildings 1 Non-Contact Visits; Building 2-8 regular contact visits; Building Z9 Non-Contact visits, Facility M regular contact visits. In addition, Inmates housed in Buildings C5, C6, Treatment Center 1, Treatment Center 2 or the Central Treatment Center; require additional approval. Department of State Hospitals (DSH) Inmates have Non-Contact visits. NON Contact appointments must be made by calling 831-678-5500 X5708

This is the new message on the Vpass. Sac made SVSP change their rules that SVSP made up. Hopefully the CO's will follow these correct rules. if anyone has to change due to the old rules, please post it so it can be followed up on.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:15 PM

Just so everyone knows, they are making changes to the dress code. Some things you could not wear before will be allowed. You have to remember that every prison makes their own rules regarding specific things and lets all remember this is a level 4 prison. Any questions feel free to send me a pm.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:08 AM

Default First Visit

Hey everyone, if anyone is really out there, no one has posted here in months. Has anyone visited Salinas recently? I have some questions!

How far is it from the parking lot to the visiting area? I have really bad knees and walking is really painful. Do they have any services for handicapped visitors? Also I tape my knees up with athletic tape, will this be a problem?

I made an appt but the earliest I could get on Sat was 11:30, should I cancel this and go for a walk-in at 10am? If I can get a extra hour and 1/2 I want it.

What kind of shoes can you wear? Is the only restriction is they need to have a strap around the back?

I saw someone say 1 ring and earrings, so no necklaces?

Are visits from the time you get there till thy close at 3pm?

I made a reservation for a room in Salinas, the ones in Soledad were around $140 a night and I found 1 for $74 in Salinas, was I looking in the wrong place, at the wrong motels? That seems freaking EXTREME for 1 person for 1 night. I would rather drive 30 miles and save $60.

Do they search your car or just look in?

Is anyone out there going to be visiting the April 30th or May 1st? I have never visited anyone in prison and I'm pretty freaked out. I would love to do this with someone that knows what they are doing. Plus I haven't seen My Love in over a year, that was in County behind glass and on a phone so I'm just nervous about actually seeing him again. (I haven't touched him in 3 years)

Thanks, I'm sure I have more but I will wait to see if someone answers this 1st...
Old 04-21-2017, 06:06 AM
I will wait for you.

My bangs are growin out and I pin them back with a bobby pin. Are they allowed?
Old 04-21-2017, 07:20 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 23,869 Times in 12,408 Posts

I do not think you can have bobby pins in your hair.
Maybe try a headband? (they might make you take that off too tho......)
Or extra gel stuff?

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
LilMommaClark (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 PM
I will wait for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I do not think you can have bobby pins in your hair.
Maybe try a headband? (they might make you take that off too tho......)
Or extra gel stuff?
I better not chance it. I'll wear a cloth headband