Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 PM

Default Help with harassment by guards

Hello, I have questions regarding where to get help for my son who is in Menard prison in Il. We have written letters to the warden and the Dept. of Inmate Issues in Springfield as well as calling the Internal Affairs Division of the prison and my son's counselor. A handful of guards have been consistently harassing him. They keep his mail from him for months at a time,destroy his property and a host of other things. His grievances are unanswered. Where can I get help for him?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2016, 06:42 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbdog View Post
Hello, I have questions regarding where to get help for my son who is in Menard prison in Il. We have written letters to the warden and the Dept. of Inmate Issues in Springfield as well as calling the Internal Affairs Division of the prison and my son's counselor. A handful of guards have been consistently harassing him. They keep his mail from him for months at a time,destroy his property and a host of other things. His grievances are unanswered. Where can I get help for him?
Hi welcome to PTO! I'm sorry this is happening to you guys. I know it's not easy to deal with. I'm not too knowledgeable on things like this, so I guess my one suggestion is to consult with a lawyer. Our government definitely needs to take a better look at our prisons as too much stuff happens within them that goes unnoticed. Anyways, a lawyer might have much better advice for you. Sorry!!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:01 AM

John Howard association of illinois.

Google organization info.

This is just not your son. My LO a list of grievance and he is not a complainer. Menard has just lost a lawsuit by mentally ill prisoners.

Keep the faith.