Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

View Poll Results: Would you take back your EX-Partner IF he or she reach you,after leaving?
NO WAY IN HELL. HE HAS HURT ME ENOUGH.I WOULD NOT GO BACK !!! 20 55.56%
Well, it really does depend on such factors,as to "why"he left or why she left me. 8 22.22%
This is a hard one.(Not sure about this.) 8 22.22%
Yep. IF it was NOT because of cheating, then yes. What we had, was truly rare/special/beautiful. 3 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2017, 06:46 PM

Default Would you take back your EX-Partner IF he or she reach you, after leaving?

I have a close friend who left her man. (I've shared story here when in 2016 she assume he will just leave her anyway when home, for as she call them "thots" or trash,and chicks who are not there for their man at all.) She was petrified,and she figure i will leave him "first, to avoid a broken heart."For her,this worked.She is happier since she left him.)Great guy too.He get out mother's day weekend May 2017,before my guy. He was crushed when she dumped him.But he said recently to me, (to give msg. for her) how he vow to come home, to show her he was a man she really was able to trust. I shared this story here a while ago. She told me,"I will go back to him,if he prove out here to me, he is not a man who will cheat/abuse me/hurt me."I wish both of them luck."He never gave her a reason to think bad of him.
-
Questions for members who been left/hurt by their ex:

1.)

Would you get back with him or her if they try to get you back when they are home,and or even while still in prison?

2.)Would you talk to her or him, if he try to call you again and say i am sorry. Would you believe him?

3.)
Do you feel that if YOU were the 1 who left him/her, that you would be hurting less or no? Personally speaking, i feel for all who have been left/broken-hearted. I really do. I pray for all of you and remember, maybe, just maybe, this is IMO GOD'S ways, of showing you that some 1 or something is waiting for you, better than what he or she has done to you.

-

Last edited by a.rare.love; 03-16-2017 at 06:55 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM

Thanked 1,979 Times in 849 Posts

In my MWI where I was 'with' him and supported him for about 5 years and he just dumped me less than a week before he got out and have no contact since; no I wouldn't take him back. It was all just a scam to get and keep support. Turns out he has been running the scam for a long time as both gay and straight. No trust can ever be restored. There is such a thing as karma; he lasted about 6 months before violating and is back inside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tried&True For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (04-21-2017), Sarianna (03-23-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:45 AM

Thanked 1,341 Times in 675 Posts

If the relationship was shit and that's why we broke up, then we would probably not make things work as all the baggage from the last time would always be present. If trust was the reason for the split, hell no, I would not take an ex back. That is something that is never regained.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:24 PM

I once gave a guy a second chance and he hurt me really bad again and I swore that I would never go back again. I believe once a relationship is done it's done
Old 03-17-2017, 02:40 PM

Rare. Hell to the freaking naw. He's trying his hardest to get me back. The man asked his counselor and a buddy of his counselor to call and relay messages to me. You tell me how crazy is that. And his counselor is a fool to do it.

He screwed up royally and knows it. I was beyond good to him.

The only way I will ever get back with him is if Jesus personally lays out the future for us so I can see.

Last edited by BearsLadyBear; 03-17-2017 at 02:43 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to BearsLadyBear For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (04-21-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 02:56 PM

Well, me and my ex-husband reunited during his current incarceration. I always kept in touch with his grandma even after the divorce. He has apologized for leaving me and everything that followed and everything that led to that. I have accepted it and I've spoken to my mother-in-law and his grandma about everything and everyone is pretty much happy that we are working on things. Both his mom and grandma said I'm good for him and that we just had a tough situation going on prior to him leaving and he wasn't ready to be married but that he does really love me.

Over the last couple of months, me and my ex-husband have been discussing what went wrong with us and other factors (including other people) that played a part in our marriage ending, but I do think he is sincere regarding how he hurt me and for leaving and cheating etc. We are getting older and with him sitting in prison, he has had even more time to reflect on how to be a better partner and I have been doing the same on the outside. Daily phone calls and the letters between us have helped express our feelings and thoughts because often times during a divorce there is not any effective communication taking place because emotions are on high (anger, frustration, bitternes, etc). Also, I discovered that a lot of the hurtful/mean messages (text and e-mails) from "him"during the divorce were not from him but from the female he was with (lies). His mother even told me this was true.

It is just a lot of different stuff but I am so grateful that we are back in touch and we are both willing to work on our future relationship (not jump back into marriage). He told me not to put my life on hold, he tells me he loves me and that he admits he said a lot of things he didn't mean some years ago,etc. I told him no matter what, that we will remain friends even if nothing comes of "us" during or after his current incarceration. We have a no pressure situation, and I am cool with that. I love him and I just want him to be sober and successful whether it is with me or not. But if we end up back together, I would have no regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
I have a close friend who left her man. (I've shared story here when in 2016 she assume he will just leave her anyway when home, for as she call them "thots" or trash,and chicks who are not there for their man at all.) She was petrified,and she figure i will leave him "first, to avoid a broken heart."For her,this worked.She is happier since she left him.)Great guy too.He get out mother's day weekend May 2017,before my guy. He was crushed when she dumped him.But he said recently to me, (to give msg. for her) how he vow to come home, to show her he was a man she really was able to trust. I shared this story here a while ago. She told me,"I will go back to him,if he prove out here to me, he is not a man who will cheat/abuse me/hurt me."I wish both of them luck."He never gave her a reason to think bad of him.
-
Questions for members who been left/hurt by their ex:

1.)

Would you get back with him or her if they try to get you back when they are home,and or even while still in prison?

2.)Would you talk to her or him, if he try to call you again and say i am sorry. Would you believe him?

3.)
Do you feel that if YOU were the 1 who left him/her, that you would be hurting less or no? Personally speaking, i feel for all who have been left/broken-hearted. I really do. I pray for all of you and remember, maybe, just maybe, this is IMO GOD'S ways, of showing you that some 1 or something is waiting for you, better than what he or she has done to you.

-

Old 03-17-2017, 04:14 PM

Hell no!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
joybubby (04-20-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 10:58 AM

Thanked 1,748 Times in 892 Posts

I am a forgiving person but great at keeping and upholding my boundaries. It would really have to depend. E doesn't get out for a very long time so I doubt that this would even be a scenario for us. He did some messed up crap and we didn't talk for awhile. He hurt me and betrayed my trust. I forgive him but he has no opportunity to ever do this again to me. He is now clean and we are working towards a friendship. We have had many moments together that were positive and he has taught me many things. I am very open and honest about where we stand. I have other ex's that there is no way I could ever befriend them.

There are reasons that people break up, sometimes deeper reasons than even the individual themselves know. Relationships can be work and when you add in nonsense or drama it just makes things incredibly difficult. I don't know the relationship your friend had with her boyfriend but whether she felt like that for a valid reason or not she made the decision. Things happen for a reason.
joybubby (04-20-2017), maytayah (03-19-2017), Sarianna (03-23-2017), Waitil723 (03-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 01:19 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,505 Times in 746 Posts

Never let an old flame burn you twice is my credo.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,090 Times in 591 Posts

There's a very very long list of extremely uncomfortable things I would do before taking one of my exes back....

ASPC LEWIS - STINER
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinir.Fridyrr For This Useful Post:
Critter07 (04-21-2017), fiat_nox (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,880 Times in 9,466 Posts

I know exactly why old relationships broke down. Good reasons. No, I wouldn't take another stab at any of them.
JustBeingMe67 (04-25-2017), Sinir.Fridyrr (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 12:49 PM
batshit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
There's a very very long list of extremely uncomfortable things I would do before taking one of my exes back....
^ this ^

Xs are Xs for a reason.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 PM

No way. He's already back in county after 15 months of being released. This time, he will be in for a lengthy amount of time. I already gave him enough chances to clean up his act. I had suspected long before he was arrested again that he was up to trouble. So we lost contact after I had confronted him about it. He hasn't tried contacting me yet so that's a good thing because I refuse to have anything to do with him anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to starbright31 For This Useful Post:
Sinir.Fridyrr (04-25-2017)