Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:36 PM

Default Going to two rivers corrections picnic

So I'm going to TRCI for the family picnic they are having in minimum I just wanted to know how it works and what kind of things will they have and what kind of food ect.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,141 Posts

I haven't been to one of the family picnics, I've only heard about them. I know the dress code is the same as for visiting. I've been told that the food is usually served in quantities that could feed a family of four.

They should have a menu available to your loved one, so he should be able to tell you what the menu is for it.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM
lost without my love

I'm not sure how it is at Two Rivers, but I recently went to a family barbeque at Warner Creek and I would guess it's similar. Yes the dress code is the same. Since it is invitation only the check-in is a lot faster. Ours was a barbeque and the had hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, beans, chips and cake. The nicest part was you didn't have to stay at the picnic tables you could walk around and visit with others my husband could introduce me to some of his friends and their families. A lot more casual than regular visiting. They brought out a cart with toys and games for the kids and even had a little inmate band. It was really a lot of fun. I hope you have a great time too! :-)

Old 03-19-2016, 02:55 PM

Yep, the dress code is the same as for visiting. You can walk around, dance (the prison band usually performs), play sports.. Whatever outside for 4 hours.