Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Donation Award 

Default Beaumont Federal Prison Lockdown Information

I wanted to make one thread so we could keep track of all the lockdowns that happen here at Beaumont. That way we are not searching the whole forum for information. So if you have any new information about lockdowns, if you could please post it here.

Thank You!

Lokki provided us with a link to a site that posts different information about lockdowns. So here it is. Thanks Lokki!

Last edited by waiiting4him; 11-05-2010 at 02:46 AM..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to waiiting4him For This Useful Post:
buglife (05-10-2017), cshatswell58 (02-02-2016), jlittletaz16 (11-20-2013), Lilipad0429 (06-07-2017), mrs repirrone (03-05-2017), pepsnme (05-22-2017), redrosecrown (10-14-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Donation Award 

Default Anybody have any info on medium lockdown?

heard they used gas on medium yard today. anybody else have better info?
INFORMATION
and
to listen!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lokki For This Useful Post:
mrz.williams711 (03-16-2012)
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
never back down :)

I have no info but my friends in usp-medium and we email daily, havent heard from in 24 hours...
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Donation Award 

i havn't heard anything
Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 AM

My love is at the camp. He emailed last night and said that while he was outside yesterday he heard 2 shots fired from the rec yard at the medium. I assume that was probably the gas blasts that he heard. I hope so at least! I'll post back if he emails me any more info this morning.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 AM

wow hopefully it was just gas. Still no word from my friend. He did say something about a show on saturday, guys walking tight ropes & bending metal?? He said he'd they'd never done like that in past there....maybe everyone got too excited
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
mking8627

Default anyone get any emails yet

My husband is in Med, and the last email I recieved from him was Sun morning at 9:30pm, ever since I haven't heard from him. What happened with the gas on the med???? Was there a fight? Has anyone gotten any emails from the Med in beaumont fci, please let me know I'm real worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokki View Post
heard they used gas on medium yard today. anybody else have better info?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM

ive had email from my friend today, he said hes not on lockdown and wasnt, it was another prison...hes in the USP
Old 12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
mking8627

Default Anyone been getting emails yet

I'ts been since Sunday the 5th and still no emails or calls from my husband, does anybody else have a loved one in the Med, and if so have ya'll been in contact with them, if so please ask whats going on, or if they are in lockdown, this is just not like him......worried
Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Donation Award 

Default lockdown - medium 12-7

Went to the lockdown site on the web. this started on december 5th and is still on lockdown per their site. they say it was race disturbance.

USP not affected. haven't heard about low yet.
INFORMATION
and
to listen!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
mking8627

Can you send me the link about them being on lockdown? Never heard of it, would appriciate it thanks alot, I just hope nobody got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokki View Post
Went to the lockdown site on the web. this started on december 5th and is still on lockdown per their site. they say it was race disturbance.

USP not affected. haven't heard about low yet.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking8627 View Post
Can you send me the link about them being on lockdown? Never heard of it, would appriciate it thanks alot, I just hope nobody got hurt.

The website for the Council Of Prison Locals 33 is probably the website that she was referring to. You can google "Council Of Prison Locals 33" to find the link to the website. The forum won't allow me to post URL's on here. (actually... lemme see if i can be sneaky with the link to the site It's... www.cpl33.info)

From the list of the left you will click on LOCKDOWN!!! and/or DAILY REPORTS. They provide a lot of insightful information on those two pages about lockdowns and other occurrences that happen at different federal prison facilities.

Last edited by waiiting4him; 12-10-2010 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: It wouldn't allow you to put links because you havn't posted enough -- I added it correctly though :)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kb13kb13 For This Useful Post:
Huskers (05-12-2016), lajewell (02-09-2013), mking8627 (12-07-2010)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 PM

My hubby's @ the Beaumont Medium have'nt heard from him since the 5th as well. I called the facility to inquire and all that was said was "We're on LOCKDOWN! Incident on the Rec Yard".....Worried!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
mking8627

Question

Yeah!! my Hubby is also in Med, and of right now they are still on lockdown, it started the 5th, something about racial disturbance, somebody was going to fight or did fight on the rec yard, I'm worried too, we email eathother daily, and he calls once in a while but the 5th at 9:30am was the last time I got an email from him, I've been emailing him everyday since then and no response. Hopefully they will let up soon cause I'm worried sick about him too. Well I'll post anything new, and if anyone else hears of anything please let us know......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltupuola View Post
My hubby's @ the Beaumont Medium have'nt heard from him since the 5th as well. I called the facility to inquire and all that was said was "We're on LOCKDOWN! Incident on the Rec Yard".....Worried!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:49 PM
mking8627

Default Update on Lockdown

Ok, so I just got a letter from my husband today, and it was a huge and very ugly riot against the blacks, and Mexicans so he said they will be on lockdown for a while, he said they may not let up untill New Years, uuggghh I hate this, well we just gotta stay down and help then through this, they cannot email, nor use the phone so, letters are the only communication for now. If I get another update I'll let ya'll know but for now looks like no calls or emails for a while
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mking8627 For This Useful Post:
BreezyBaby (12-14-2010), joanne-arturo (12-09-2010), lokki (12-20-2010)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:31 PM
waiting on my love

Im so glad my hubby got out of there. While he was in I dont remember a lockdown lasting this long.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Downtheline

Default Info...

My guy is in the Medium also and he said it was hundreds of guys all out on the yard and I think it kicked off in the rec room too. Him and his cellie are okay...thank God! He also said he thinks they will be down through the holidays...I guess we just wait and see. He is supposed to fill me in more in another letter.

Besides the Council of Prisons site does anyone know of any where else to get more info? It is like trying to find hidden treasure when these things happen!!!

God bless us all and keep us strong for our men and each other!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Downtheline For This Useful Post:
lajewell (02-09-2013), Miko234shayma (04-02-2013)
Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 AM
mking8627

Default We gotta stay strong

My husbands been there for 4 going on 5 yrs and he said It was real real ugly, and they have never ever been on lockdown this long I can tell you only like a couple of days at the most. Thank God, your Man is ok, My hubby didn't go into detail about what happened but when he says its ugly that means it was ugly!!!!!!! I dont know of any other sites or numbers with info, and will give you the minimum information which is wrong, cause they are humans also, and all the other inmates that had nothing to do with it have to suffer now, There goes our christmas!!!!!! But at least we have this website so we can communicate with eachother and let others know whats going on. All we can do is pray for our guys and write them as much as possible cause I know they are going crazy in those cells. Ill keep all of ya'll in my prayers, and we all need to stay strong, it will all be over soon!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtheline View Post
My guy is in the Medium also and he said it was hundreds of guys all out on the yard and I think it kicked off in the rec room too. Him and his cellie are okay...thank God! He also said he thinks they will be down through the holidays...I guess we just wait and see. He is supposed to fill me in more in another letter.

Besides the Council of Prisons site does anyone know of any where else to get more info? It is like trying to find hidden treasure when these things happen!!!

God bless us all and keep us strong for our men and each other!
The Following User Says Thank You to mking8627 For This Useful Post:
Downtheline (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 06:12 AM
mking8627

Default Hey there

I know your glad David is home, how are ya'll doing and how far along are you now? I miss you, I wanna take a trip and see you, or ya'll should come down to San Antonio......Tell the little one I said Hi, and David too, here's my home phone
at "phone number removed per PTO policy -please PM member" , and I'm getting my cell turned on today so I'll send you my cell number. What have you been up to missy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaTx View Post
Im so glad my hubby got out of there. While he was in I dont remember a lockdown lasting this long.

Last edited by waiiting4him; 12-10-2010 at 05:59 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
waiting on my love

Girl you know you shouldnt leave your # on here! No telling what freaks your gonna have calling you now! Remember the one at the hotel we stayed with lmao.
I will call you tho. D started his first day at work today! Its only temp work 3-6 months. But he wont be there once we get our income tax and he gets his cdl back. I wish we could come to S.A for Christmas. But hes working 8-14hrs a day 7 days a wk. But its all good, we can move from his moms ALOT quicker!
Oh btw what have i been up to? Hmmm about 7 lbs heavier and 7 months pregnant! lol

Last edited by MelissaTx; 12-10-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Donation Award 

I havn't heard from my Ex whose in Medium since the night of the 4th... I was curious why I hadn't received an email back. I figured he just didn't want to respond to my super long angry email.... But I hope hes okay. Guess I need to send a letter out.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Downtheline

Default Thanks :-)

I am glad your hubby is okay too! My man wrote that he didn't stay in the window because guys were getting seriously hurt and he wrote that he didn't have words to describe it at that moment. I sit and try to imagine what these things are like...from daily life to things like this riot...it blows my mind. It frustrates me to no end that the powers that be don't want the info out there. Of course, then everyone would know how far off the mark the system really is.

I was supposed to be down there this weekend and I know what you mean about all the guys and families having to suffer because of this. They say that the sins of the few effect the many. He was in the USP at Beaumont a few years ago and recently got moved back to the FCI. He isn't happy about it with the exception of it being closer so we can visit...he was in CA for two years...ouch.

I will have to be on this site more often...thanks again! God bless!

Quote:
My husbands been there for 4 going on 5 yrs and he said It was real real ugly, and they have never ever been on lockdown this long I can tell you only like a couple of days at the most. Thank God, your Man is ok, My hubby didn't go into detail about what happened but when he says its ugly that means it was ugly!!!!!!! I dont know of any other sites or numbers with info, and will give you the minimum information which is wrong, cause they are humans also, and all the other inmates that had nothing to do with it have to suffer now, There goes our christmas!!!!!! But at least we have this website so we can communicate with eachother and let others know whats going on. All we can do is pray for our guys and write them as much as possible cause I know they are going crazy in those cells. Ill keep all of ya'll in my prayers, and we all need to stay strong, it will all be over soon!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:53 AM

Question lOCKDOWN

Quote:
My husband is in Med, and the last email I recieved from him was Sun morning at 9:30pm, ever since I haven't heard from him. What happened with the gas on the med???? Was there a fight? Has anyone gotten any emails from the Med in beaumont fci, please let me know I'm real worried.
Last email I received was on thursday the 2nd. I know Bill Glass prison ministries was gonna be there on the weekend. If they shot off gas it means it was pretty bad. I was there through 3 riots where they shot of gas and the lockdown usually lasted 20 day's. That doesn't mean this one will last that long, but you never no. If it's racial one race against another then it will be a lengthy lockdown.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:42 AM

Exclamation Tension on the yard

I remember back in late September of this year there were tensions between blacks and mexicans. The bad thins about a lockdown like this is they usually punish them by turning of tv's and giving really small sack lunches which consist usually of 4 pieces of bread and one large piece of bologna if your lucky maybe some potato chips. It's really bad on the one's that don't have any commissary in there locker to eat. I remember the 20 day lockdown that started around march 10 of 2008 lasted 21 day's and I lost 10 pounds everybody came out thinner. will see what happened pray for the medium that there will be peace between the races.
The Following User Says Thank You to victoriousvic77 For This Useful Post:
lajewell (02-09-2013)
Old 12-11-2010, 04:11 AM

I received a letter saying there was a big riot that was really out of hand. Lockdown he said he thought it would be at least 30 days. He said he is ok but others were injured.