Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 PM

Question How long in county until they ship to IDOC?

My guy has been in county since last friday, he is telling me he might be there a few more weeks. What is the average time spent in county jail before they get to reception?

Also if they are doing 61 days will they stay in reception or be moved to another prison?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Always & Forever His

Usualy they move them to a devision. And i know ppl thats been in the county for 3 yrz before they got sentenced.

"Missing Someone Gets Easier Everyday Because Even Though You Are One Day Further From The Last Time You Saw Them, You Are One Day Closer To The Next Time You Will"
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 AM

I think normally they stay in county only until they are sentenced, and then they are shipped out to IDOC immediately. I don't know if they just stay in county if the sentence is so short that they only have to do 61 days.

Last edited by downtownchicago; 10-09-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Old 10-09-2009, 07:01 PM

hes already been sentenced, last friday. he only was in for 2 days before that. he got a 2 yr doc sentence but his atty said he'll probably do just 61 days. if thats the case, they must be keeping him in county for a while, right?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:08 PM
To the moon & back
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,491 Times in 2,231 Posts

From my understanding, he will go into IDOC custody. Even if he does 61 days.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 PM
10,000 Lifetimes Together

My finacee was in county a week and a half before being transfered. Then he was at statesville for almost 3 weeks before being sent to Lawrence C.C
Old 10-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Okay, Jeremy was at the Macon co. Jail in Decatur. He was on their website as in custody... But as of this morning he is not. He said he was going to be transfered to Graham to do his time there but he is not showing up on that site either. How do I find out where he is? I don't know where to send my mail! HELP!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:13 PM

go to:

ildoc dot gov

put in the period, dont write it out. go to inmate search and type in his name
Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Boobers MRS for life<3
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,176 Times in 555 Posts

I talked to my husband lastnight and asked him how long will he been waiting in county to be transfered after he's sentenced and he said that theres people been waiting 3 to 4 weeks to be sent to doc.
He said hes gonna be in intake at statesville for 3 weeks before they send him to joilet for another 3 in isolation and then they'll move him. does that make sense?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 PM
To the moon & back
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,491 Times in 2,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle88 View Post
I talked to my husband lastnight and asked him how long will he been waiting in county to be transfered after he's sentenced and he said that theres people been waiting 3 to 4 weeks to be sent to doc.
He said hes gonna be in intake at statesville for 3 weeks before they send him to joilet for another 3 in isolation and then they'll move him. does that make sense?

My Hadi was sentenced on Nov. 23rd of last year, and was not transferred until Dec. 3rd. I'm sure the thanksgiving holiday played a part. He was transferred to Stateville and was there only one week before he was transferred to his parent facility.

In all honesty, it could take days or weeks. There's never any consistancy. Hopefully, for your sake and his, the process won't take long.

Hang in there, sweetie!

Last edited by Miss_A; 02-18-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM

My guy is in gor the same charge of aggravated fleeing and alluding, he was sentenced thursday march 18 2010 and is leaving to be taken wherever it is that they go from here. I was also told that he would do 61 days
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 AM
former inmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigerts08 View Post
My guy is in gor the same charge of aggravated fleeing and alluding, he was sentenced thursday march 18 2010 and is leaving to be taken wherever it is that they go from here. I was also told that he would do 61 days
the problem with the 61 days now is that they have suspended all good time including the 6 months good time and that is how they get out in 61 days. so don't get your hope up for 61 days until they reinstate it and who knows when that will be.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM

I was told by a councelor that he would be eligable for 61 day release once he was trasfered, but that is not what the states attorney told me. He said that his 61 days would start once he left nthe county jail. It has been alomost 2 weeks now and I have my heart set that he would be home in 6 more weeks, but that doesn't seem the way it's going. Can someone fill me in if they know something different.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
former inmate

the 61 day thing was a policy by IDOC that says any inmate has to server at least 61 days of a sentence in custody of IDOC regardless of how much time was served in county. The policy also took in account that any inmate who had less than 18 months left on thier sentence was typically awarded 6 months of MGT (meritorious good time).

They have suspended the MGT program for now so there really is no 61 day deal anymore unless they were sentenced to a 1 or 2 year sentence and spent ALL that time in county.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 PM

Unhappy

I am still very confussed. He has a 1 year non violent sentence. On his IDOC thing it says he was brought in 4/25/10 and his projected parole date is 9/14/10. so is that the for sure date he will come home? or can that change after he has been trasferred? I am so stressed!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
former inmate

no it will not change. they calculate his time, cut it in half, subtract his county time and that is the date they show. if they hadn't suspended the MGT policy he would be awarded 6 months good time and be released almost asap. but as you know they have suspended that for now. so to clear everything up, what ever IDOC has posted as his release date, that is the day he will be released.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 PM
former inmate

no that date will not change. what they have posted on the IDOC website is the most accurate. they have already calculated his county time in that date
Old 04-08-2010, 10:44 PM

ok, so ladies... help.... he was arrested and in cook county jan 25th 2009. sentenced to 4 years, non violent offender... August 31st he was transferred to lawrence. when will he be out. Please do tell/help!
i want to see if everything i've been told is accurate....
thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
former inmate

please follow this closely.....
4 years cut in half is 2 years.
in date is 1/25/09 out date would be 1/25/11. If he is able to take any classes or get treatment inside he could possibly earn EGCC (earned good time) and shorten that out date. typically EGCC is 45 for 90, so he would get 45 days of good time for every 90 days of school/treatment (one or the other but not both). if the state re-instates MGT he will get another 6 months knocked off the out date.
as is stands today out date is 1/25/11
if they re-instate MGT, or if he was already awarded his MGT out date is 7/25/10
if he got any EGCC, then it all depends how much he got.

the best way to know your mans outdate is to look at idoc's website and they will list his projected release date