Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:38 PM

Default How long will i be held at the los angeles mdc until they ship me to federal prison?

I'm going to be serving a 12month and one day probation violation at the Los Angeles MDC. I was just wondering how long will I be held at the Los Angeles MDC until I get shipped to a federal prison camp? I know if I don't get approved to go to a halfway house by BOP then I will be doing my 10months but I was told from my lawyer, I might get lucky and serve my full term there instead of being transferred to a federal prison camp.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,212 Posts

I think there is a good chance you will do the whole time at MDC.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 AM

Thank you for the answer. Would I be qualified for halfway house like how my lawyer said I might be after four months at MDC?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,352 Times in 4,627 Posts

With a short sentence like that, you may not get the full six months in a HWH - it'll be up to the BOP.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:10 AM
Donation Award 

I think the circumstances of your violation will come into play.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 PM

Thank you for the replies people........well maybe my lawyer doesn't know what the heck he is talking about, but he did inform me that he had a client who had the same sentenced and got the halfway house approved...well it could just be a lie to make me feel better. lol ten months in MDC ain't going to be that bad.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Donation Award 

Most defense attorneys don't know the intricacies and ways of the BOP. A first offense sentence of 366 days might be what he is referring to and that is not your situation. But maybe you will get a break, sure would be nice to be able to earn some money.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 AM

That's what I figured but he said his client got six months for a probation violation, did four months and served the remaining 2 months at the halfway house.

He did his full due to having a sentence under 12 months. My understanding if you were sentenced over 12 months then you do get a break for good time/work time therefore I do qualify for that due to that one extra day being added to my one year term by the judge. The only concern for me was getting approved for the halfway house like how my attorney had mention.

I was supposed to get off federal probation last week but the supervisor PO had to find a way to violate me and set a hearing one day ahead of my termination before I get off the hook and they can't do jack sh-t to me but I was the unlucky one who had a supervisor PO who has a grudge against me. I don't even know th b-tch but she really had a big O hard on for me to pin my ass before I was done with all this sh-t. Well they really want to keep me in the federal system to waste more tax payers money and take up more prison space. I have a one year and one month old daughter and soon new born son expecting to come out around November 24th, 2009 and a loving wife I want to be with but it looks like I will be seeing them through a glass door and having phone conversations only. I wish I could witness my new born son before I go in but I will have to self surrender in a two weeks. My one year and one month old daughter will not see daddy sleeping next to her and her mommy for a year now. I hope she will adapt to that empty space she used to see me sleeping in everynight. Hopefully time goes by quick so that I don't miss much about her and along with her new baby brother.

Thanks to the people who had help me with their past personel experiences and information. This is a great forum with great people sharing with one another. Wish me luck. Thanks once again.