Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM

Default Information on the Federal Prison in Beaumont - Low Security

Is there anyone who has a loved one at the Federal Low Facility in Beaumont, Texas? If there is, please, could you give me information on this unit? Also, is there anyone who has experience with getting transfers? I would love to find the route to get my son closer to home. Thank you.

Last edited by ruby lou; 01-04-2008 at 10:45 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Finally Free!

Is your son trying to get into Beaumont Low or out of it?

My husband was there for a year & came home this summer. He hated every minute of Beaumont.

Seagoville is much closer to Tarrant County & is also a better place to serve time, imo.

If he's seeking a transfer out of Beaumont, he'll probably have to be there 18 months with good behavior to be eligible for transfer - that's standard for any compound, though.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Beaumont

Sandra:
Thank you for answering me. My son is in Memphis and will be transferred to Beaumont. NO! IT was not an asked for transfer. He asked for Ft. Worth or Seagoville, even Texarkana--go figure--they gave him Beaumont. Yuck! Memphis is not so bad, but he is a LOW and Memphis is a medium thus the transfer. I have heard so many bad things about Beaumont. I was just hoping someone might say somehting positive and give my heart a little relief. I hear there are no weights, no sports and really no good exercise equipment there and NO privacy. I guess the older and smaller institutions have more for the inmates. What do the guys do? Any advice your husband can offer will be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:55 AM

My hubby was at the low before being moved to the camp. He had no complaints. He had never been incarcerated before. There are alot of negative things about Beaumont on this site. I was terrified at first, but after he got settled in it was not that bad.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Default thank you baby girl27

Thanks for the positive comment. It helps to know there is hope. My son was supposed to go to the Camp but regional moved him to LOw, so maybe he will get a chance to move to the camp also.. thanks again..
Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Finally Free!

There are weights & exercise equipment...a track for walking/running and even a place where some of the men play in a band. As far as activities its not so bad. My husband didn't like it because the gang divisions is more overt there than it is in some other facilities. My husband also never had any trouble with anyone, but knew several people who did. Basically, as long as he minds his own business and follows the rules, he should do fine.

My husband went to Seagoville the first time he went to prison & said it wasn't too bad. Maybe he can be moved after a short time there.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:51 PM

Default beaumont low

Sandra:
Thank you for all the information. I am glad to know there is exercise equipment and weights. I think this is important to the inmates. My son will be glad to hear this news as he thought there were no weights.
I hate the thought of gangs--I know there are gangs at all facilities, but where he is now they are not very active. He stays out of trouble and I sure hope he continues to do so. I guess he will put in for another transfer as soon as he can--mainly to get him closer to family and support.
I do appreciate your kind responses.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,795 Times in 1,253 Posts

Hi Ruby Lou,

First, welcome to PTO.. You may have done an intro someplace else but this is the first we've "met" so why not here as well?

I'll try to shed a little light on the "low" in Beaumont, though I did my time at the Medium.

Unfortunately, there are no weights.. I did some SHU time for actually doing pull-ups in the mop closet... The BOP in most prisons wants to cut down on "cut up" (large) inmates who might intimidate the CO's.. Or at least that was the story in Beaumont when I was there... IF something has changed with this operating procedure, someone please correct me. I was released at the end of 2001.

As for Gangs... There are gangs in every prison, from the USP's all the way down to the "camps".. The higher the security level, the more serious the gang politics usually go.. The low should be very manageable..

With regards to transfers.. When I was in you had to do a year and a half before you could be considered for one at that institution unless it was because you security points dropped and you went to a lower level institution.. In this case, they would take him across the street to the camp in the complex.

Hope this helps some..

David
Old 01-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Default Beaumont Low--David

David:
Thank you for your response. I just now received your note. I am sorry to hear there are not a weight program. I guess I understand the thinking--but I do know it helps with morale to work out and it is also physically and mentally a plus.
My son is not there yet, but should be soon. He is at an older facility in Tenn. now where there are weights and other sports activities. It seems to be a better set up--but at least he will be in Texas.
Hope all is well with you since your release. Thanks again for your help.
Ruby Lou
Old 01-22-2008, 12:47 PM

My husband is getting ready to go to Beaumont Low as
well and he is at Beaumont Medium and he asked for
Fort Worth and/or Seagoville. I spoke with Jim Hazelton
who actually does the disignations and he said Seagoville
is 70% over capacity and Fort worth is 42% over while Beaumont
Low is only 23% over..I was very disappointed but hopefully
that will shine some light as to why your son was not granted
either facility..My husband is now a low as well and can not remain
on the medium unit...

I live in Fort Worth and prayed he would be moved closer
we don't actually have a confirmation of him being on the
Beaumont Low Unit but looking at the % we kinda know
what is going to happen next..
Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM

Default beamont low--Bennies Angel

Yes, I understand your disappointment. 5 1/2 hr drive...we too were hoping for a closer facility. Perhaps after 18 mos they can put in for a transfer. It is always hard adjusting to a new place. I hope it all works out for you and your husband. I appreciate your response. We have to remain strong and positive even through our dark days.
Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Sylvia (EddieflamesWife)

Hello This Is Frist Time Doing This. Sending A Message, But I Am Worried. I Never Knew That The Inmates Had 300 Min. I Have Not Heard From My Husband Since Friday, He Calls Everyday I Am Stressing Does Anyone Have Someone In Beaumont Low. I Am Stressing Very Bad.... When Do They Call Again,..
Old 01-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,346 Times in 4,623 Posts

If he's run out of minutes, they will renew on a date that's determined by his institution number. You should write him a letter and ask him when his minutes renew for another month.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
spiritnsoul

My son has only a few days ago moved to Beaumont low. I dont know what this place is like. He didnt call for 4 days and then made a quick call to say he was in a 'holding place' and was very nervous. Does anybody know what it is like for real in Beaumont low camp? what happens in the holding place? Im very stressed.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:04 PM

How good are the prisons about notifying the next of kin when there's a medical issue or something? I don't have anybody I love in prison, but I see worried people posting a lot because they haven't heard from their loved one. If they could rest assured that "no news is good news", that might be a little something to ease their minds.
Lamentations 3:22,23

Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM

Default respond to Rhuby

I really do not know if the officials would notify family if a loved one is sick. Perhaps in a critical situation they would, but otherwise probably not.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Finally Free!

My husband had several bouts of sickness, but no one ever notified me. I would find out when he called home.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Sylvia (EddieflamesWife)

Well he finally called on Feb 7 at 6:15 am that is when he started his minutes again ,.
,.I was jumping for joy,.,. Thanks for hearing me out .,.,
Old 02-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,346 Times in 4,623 Posts

Unfortunately, in the BOP, "no news" means "chill until you get some news" rather than "good news."
Old 10-25-2008, 10:17 AM

We just found out that our son was transferred to Beaumont Low for processing. Does that mean he can still go to another prison or will he stay there for his whole 63 months? I just cant understand why they dont let anyone know anything? No wonder everyone is stressed.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 AM

How can we find out about visitation hours for FCI low Beaumont. My son is there since yesterday and they told us they cant tell us if he is there or when we can see him.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 AM

www.bop.gov Everything (well most anyway) can be found out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to kristanadam For This Useful Post:
txbutterfly47 (10-25-2008)
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 PM

I didnt even know the beaumont low security was opened back up. I just hope he calls soon.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM

Default Beaumont Low TX Butterfly 47

I hope you have received the information you needed. When you go to the Federal Bureau Prison's web page you can find the hours, dress code and directions, times etc.
I will tell you that you can take cash only in a clear bag. (About 20.00) is enough for the vending machines. You cannot wear any athletic clothes, white T-Shirts, any Kakhi colored clothes, no hoodies, shorts or revelaing clothes of any kind. Also if you wear a bra with an underwire, you may be asked to go remove it!
I do think an inmate has to be at a facility for at least 18 months before he can request a transfer. Hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Ruby Lou
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby lou For This Useful Post:
txbutterfly47 (10-29-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 PM

thanks for the info. An under wire bra??? you have got to be kidding me. I learn something new every week.