Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 PM

Default ILLINOISE marriage Q&A thread

Has anyone gotten married at Shawnee CC???
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM

My fiance ;0 is at Hill Correctional Center in Galesburg,IL does any one know what is the process in getting married there?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 AM
To the moon & back
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,471 Times in 2,227 Posts

The process is different at many of the facilities, so the best thing to do would be to contact the chaplain at the facility.
quezadaflor (05-19-2011), Tusonah (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Default waiting to get married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostonhall View Post
You still CANNOT get married at both Stateville and Menard. Nothing has changed as far as those two prisons are concerned.

In Randolph County the problem is STILL that the County Clerk, Patricia Laramore, will not go to the prisons to do all the paperwork. She still insists she's not going to waste taxpayers money on 'convicts'.

Rose

Hi, my name is Tusonah and my life partner is serving his time in Stateville Prison. I just received a marriage package from him. The papers I got are pink in color and he has already filled in his information. It states that, I have to pay $40 for the marriage license, he has to pay $150 for the process, then I have to pay an additional $90 for the Chaplin. I don't understand, if they were not allowed to get married, why did I get this marriage package in the mail??
Old 06-18-2011, 06:08 PM

Smile Hi!!!

Yes, this is what I was saying because, my long-time partner just mailed me a marriage package and all of his information is already filled-out. I just want to know about the different procedures and are we allowed some time together after the wedding?? I'm glad to her someone else has actually gotten married.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:38 PM

Default Marrying Someone In Prison

What do you have to do to get married? WHat happens? How does it work? What happens to an inmate if you marry them while in jail?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM

Question Marriage at shawnee, cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustWifey View Post
Has anyone gotten married at Shawnee CC???
WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAD GOTTEN MARRIED YET? ME & MY FIANCE ARE BEING MARRIED AT SHAWNEE ON FEB. 11, 2011...MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED ANY INFO. WE HAVE THE WHOLE PROCESS COMPLETE, JUST WAITING ON THE DAY WE CHOSE...11-11-2011
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Hazel Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusonah View Post
Hi, my name is Tusonah and my life partner is serving his time in Stateville Prison. I just received a marriage package from him. The papers I got are pink in color and he has already filled in his information. It states that, I have to pay $40 for the marriage license, he has to pay $150 for the process, then I have to pay an additional $90 for the Chaplin. I don't understand, if they were not allowed to get married, why did I get this marriage package in the mail??
They are allowed to marry in Stateville. I am an Ordained Minister and I called to the prison myself cos, I was going to perform a ceremony... Everything is a go....

If you love someone, put their name in a circle, instead of a heart. Hearts can break, but circles go on forever..
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Account Closed

Hoping to get married in western Illinois can some one tell me if they gotten married there I know there's only 2 time a year that it can be done nov and may
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
heckrodtswifey

Is there be one that knows if u can get married at southwestern Illinois correctional center...I dunno if he has to b n a certain phase..or if I have to get my own Chaplin or what...HELP!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Default Getting Married in Hillsboro Illinois

I've gone through the Illinois specific thread a few times but it seems like no one has been on there in quite a while and I'm hoping to get whatever answers I can as fast as I can. My fiancee and I want to get married while he's in Graham Correctional Center in Hillsboro. He's put in requests to talk to the chaplin but they only told him that Graham doesn't have a chaplin. Or at least one that would marry us. He has recently signed over power of attorney to me because of some medical reasons, and we hoped that we could just get a technical marriage done. However, I'm not sure if Illinois allows marriage by proxy. The only other thing I can think of is if a minister were to come from an outside church to perform the counciling and service for us at the prison. Does anyone have any experience with doing this, and if you do could you recommend a minister near Hillsboro? I'm really really unfamiliar with that area so I'm clueless. And I'm also worried that a minister willing to do this may be hard to come by. Any advice?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:26 AM
attorney

Thanked 18,391 Times in 6,729 Posts

last time I studied this area, marriage by proxy was not allowed. a brief review of the Marriage Act shows that a proxy provision is still not in the statute. Sorry.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 PM

Default Menard

Quote:
You still CANNOT get married at both Stateville and Menard. Nothing has changed as far as those two prisons are concerned.

In Randolph County the problem is STILL that the County Clerk, Patricia Laramore, will not go to the prisons to do all the paperwork. She still insists she's not going to waste taxpayers money on 'convicts'.

Rose
My fiance is in Menard and he just recently sent me marriage papers to fill out they said we could get married in there. We are still new at this prison wedding thing tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to countrygirl9 For This Useful Post:
babyblues4u (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 12:11 AM

When did that start? Because I married my husband at Menard in '99 .. I'm not saying its not true, but I never knew that they could refuse anyone a marriage license.

Quote:

Rose
Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 PM

Anyone get married in Lawrence? If so how long did it take to get the marriage packet? How long does the whole process take? And what other steps are there?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtnsxy513 View Post
has n e one got married in lawrence?
Looking for the same, did you get to?
Old 03-22-2017, 06:01 PM

Anyone please help, how long does it take for him to get marriage packet cause he requested it over a month ago so he just sent another request. Think they might be ignoring him so he will go away. Lawrence cc sucks
Old 03-25-2017, 01:32 PM

I wrote the Warden and Chaplin a letter asking for permission and what it would mean to us and why it would help him when he came home. Waiting for a response. Will update as things progress.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:16 AM

Has anyone gotten married at Vandalia Correctional Center? Or know of anyone who has? How much does it cost? How long did it take to get things arranged? My boyfriend of 7years n I are thinking about getting married before he comes home. Need answers asap.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:19 AM

I called the Chaplin last week, wrote him, and my fiance sent 3 requests and we finally got the marriage packet!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma82 View Post
I called the Chaplin last week, wrote him, and my fiance sent 3 requests and we finally got the marriage packet!
Congratulations!!!!

The April 2017 edition of PTO Quarterly is now available.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:06 AM

Thanks Angela! The Chaplin is not a very nice guy but I just kept saying sorry I got taking up his time and that my fiance had requested the packet and had not got it yet. Asked if it took a while he said no just 1 or 2 days and wow he got it next day. They really try to make you give up but don't! Anyway now no one will help us figure out what some of this info they want is so we will figure it out and I will update again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karma82 For This Useful Post:
TheAmazingMrsB (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 02:17 PM

Thanked 1,780 Times in 639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliehen70 View Post
Has anyone gotten married at Vandalia Correctional Center? Or know of anyone who has? How much does it cost? How long did it take to get things arranged? My boyfriend of 7years n I are thinking about getting married before he comes home. Need answers asap.

Oddly enough, prisons are reluctant to allow batterers to marry their victims while they are still serving time on the DV charges.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:47 PM

It was NEVER like that. That's not even the reason why he's in there. He called today and we decided to wait and do it right. He said that after 7 years whats a while longer. Also said there is a guy in there that got the no contact order lifted or modified so at least we know it is possible to get it done.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:00 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliehen70 View Post
It was NEVER like that. That's not even the reason why he's in there. He called today and we decided to wait and do it right. He said that after 7 years whats a while longer. Also said there is a guy in there that got the no contact order lifted or modified so at least we know it is possible to get it done.
It doesn't really matter what you think it's like. The NCO is part of his parole and has to be followed. If you don't... He will go back to prison. Also, guys in there LIE...or the guy who got his modified did everything he was supposed... And so did his wife/girlfriend. You need to come to terms with the fact that unless both of y'all go through DV classes and counseling, you are not going to get anything done with that order. So, instead of being worried about getting married... Put in the work that needs to be done if you want that to happen...

The April 2017 edition of PTO Quarterly is now available.