Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:47 AM

Unlicensed recreational pharmaceutical product manufacturers require their employees to work naked to reduce pilferage. I doubt many manage to hide anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
CSparks40265 (03-10-2017), David (04-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,389 Times in 5,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post

"Low dose" doesn't mean safe. Any dose of ionizing radiation is potentially harmful and exposure is cumulative. A dose of under 100 rad will typically produce no immediate symptoms other than blood changes. 100 to 200 rad delivered to the entire body in less than a day may cause acute radiation syndrome, (ARS) but is usually not fatal. Doses of 200 to 1,000 rad delivered in a few hours will cause serious illness with poor outlook at the upper end of the range. Whole body doses of more than 1,000 rad are almost invariably fatal. Radiation increases the risk of cancer and other stochastic effects at any dose.
Feel free to take it up with CDCR. They have access to the same data you do. Inmates are planning to drop work and education assignments over it.

So see, OP...there are things worse than being quickly stripped out!
Old 03-01-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
... So see, OP...there are things worse than being quickly stripped out!
It gets down to the difference between having them fondled or rotted off.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
onparoleinTO (03-01-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:43 AM

This topic/thread is a joke right? You are a convicted felon I presume now, and you are going to jail/prison. Get ready for the strip searches, the demoralizing and degrading that will take place. Most importantly, you better what yourself in prison with the inmates. They are the ones you should fear. Keep your mouth shut, do your time, don't whine, make complaints, cause problems, look weak, or anything to draw attention to you. You committed a crime and you will no longer be John Doe, you will be inmate number XXXXXX. Get used to it. The sooner you realize bucking the system won't work, the better off your time will be inside those walls.
Fridyrr.Likn (03-28-2017), Scott (03-05-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 06:05 AM

First of its not as bad as it sounds. I did 7 years in FLDOC and Strip searches are not an everyday thing. Anytime you move institutions and when you first hit reception you will have to go through the strip process. They will have you undress one article of clothing at a time looking for contraband. Then you will have to squat and cough. Once you get to your main camp. Strip Searches will be rare only during visitation if you choose to go and during mass shakedowns. Regular pat downs happen in the system but they are pretty non invasive. Just remember that life gets easier and you will find acceptance. If you decide to fight just remember it will be a long road and they will win. Isolation is they worst way to do time. I spent 24 hours a day in a cell for 9 months in close management during my time. My best advice is find a way to cope with it. Tell your self that this is just a temporary place and it will not last forever. In florida we have a saying its their world and we are just passing through it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CSparks40265 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-10-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-28-2017), Minor activist (03-10-2017), nimuay (03-10-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 02:13 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateprison View Post
First of all, the law that I was allegedly accused of violating has nothing to do with giving up your privacy and being made to submit to a strip search and having my Constitutional Right to Privacy violated. Second, I understand that there are standard procedures, but, given my First Amendment procedures, I am interested in strategies for bringing them to the attention of the warden or other relevant officials for the purpose of having them addressed. Also, if I refuse to be strip searched/spread cheeks, they obviously can't force me to do it. And if they physically forced me to strip/spread cheeks, that would also be a violation of my Privacy rights/Religious rights, which would allow me to sue them for an injunction, correct? Please advise if you have any experience in asserting such remedies.
LOL

Okay, I'm sorry, I'm just laughing hysterically through this whole thread. I kind of wish I wasn't so late to the party.

Call me insensitive, but let's be real. ANY law you violate that results in a prison sentence has EVERYTHING to do with losing those rights. You are not that special.

As for your "Constitutional rights," the courts have had several decades to decide whether or not strip searches are unconstitutional and so far they have not.

A "reasonable accomodation" to your fear might be to put you on some sort of anti-anxiety medication. You don't get to avoid strip searches just because you're afraid of them. Institutional security supercedes what you (wrongly) view as "right to privacy." Your fear is not a disability, and as someone with a legitimate mental illness (who doesn't fear silly things like strip searches, even had to comply with one post-visiting once because of a drug accusation....wasn't so bad, really, I actually chuckled that the poor saps requiring the strip search now had to see my ugly butt naked,) I'm a bit offended that you would use an act that's important to people like me when we truly cannot accomplish something without accomodation in order to satisfy your desire for comfort or convenience when you could easily do what everyone else in the prison does and strip out.

I'm sorry, I know I should be supportive and sympathetic, but I just....with this one, I just can't believe what I just read. There are REAL human rights violations in prison, REAL abuse that occurs, there's sexual abuse by staff and inmates on other inmates, there's beatings, there's a drug black market and people die of overdoses because of others deciding they need to make a buck........someone not wanting to strip out is LOW on the list of prison concerns, in my opinion.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Foodie Foodnerd (08-15-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-28-2017), maytayah (03-19-2017), SadTodd (03-20-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 02:59 PM

I was pretty sure this was joke the first time I read it, but I know there are special snowflakes out there.

One of things that I never take for granted is that my best friend willing submits to these things every time I visit her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to K6770 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-19-2017), Foodie Foodnerd (08-15-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-28-2017), missingdee (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,332 Posts

This!

This mind set is part of the reason the criminal justice system is in such dire straits and why DOC is the way it is...

This is horrible and so sad.

People that have the power don't have a clue.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 03-27-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
It gets down to the difference between having them fondled or rotted off.
Yeah? Really? Which leads the inquiring mind to wonder, which did you choose?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateprison View Post
Hello, I am a 27 year old male headed to state prison and am terrified of strip searches. I simply can't imagine "bending over and spread'em" and I refuse to subject myself to such humiliation.

I have been thinking about the issue and have devised several strategies that I believe may allow me to avoid the ordeal. Please advise if anyone has had any success in executing these strategies.

First, rather than be forced to undergo a strip search, I am willing to offer to undergo an x-ray/MRI. I would be willing to pay any fees/expenses pertaining to such procedures, so I do not believe that the prison authorities would have any basis to object. Has anyone had any success in asserting this? I do have the means to pay for these procedures, so I frankly do not see how the authorities will have grounds for refusing my request.

Also, to the extent that they refuse to allow me to go the x-ray/MRI route, I believe that I have a Constitutional right to Privacy, and I intend to assert such right. Has anyone had such success in doing so? If that fails, then I have a First Amendment right to practice my religion, and my religion prizes modesty and forbids exposing my naked genitals/buttocks to strangers for the purposes of strip searches. I believe that the Supreme Court would protect my First Amendment rights, and I am more than willing to take my case to the Supreme Court. In such circumstances, would the Authorities require me to undergo the strip search? I am especially hopeful because of the nomination to the Supreme Court of Neil Gorsuch, who is a huge proponent of religious Liberty.

To the extent that I refuse, would there be any consequences? And given that I would be asserting my Constitutional Rights, wouldn't the Authorities have to suspend enforcement of the strip search pending the Supreme Court's decision?

Thanks for any insight into this matter. If anyone has any other ideas on how to avoid strip searches (especially bending over and spreading 'em), it would be much appreciated.
Assuming this is not a troll post, I was a trusty last time and I worked in the mess hall. one day a new guy was found with a bunch of cake in his underwear. and that is a gross mental picture .You will be strip searched. He should have keistered it, even grosser mental picture.

Last edited by russelln61; 03-27-2017 at 11:39 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to russelln61 For This Useful Post:
David (04-01-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,729 Times in 892 Posts

Aaaaaand I had NEARLY forgotten about this thread!!!! Hahaha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-30-2017), russelln61 (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 03:22 PM

I like your quote, but Nietski? Really/ Why didnt you quote Hegel?https://theintercept.com/2016/07/09/...t-of-sisyphus/
The Following User Says Thank You to russelln61 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-30-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 05:40 PM

Thanked 1,307 Times in 860 Posts

Really....you broke the law and you think their going to give you an MRI every time they want to search you. Because your again afraid of it I guess you shouldn't be breaking the law of your afraid. My husband doesn't like it either but it's prison and when your there you give up your rights. Good luck with all that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
David (04-01-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-30-2017), missingdee (03-30-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM

Thanked 1,496 Times in 569 Posts

I don't think we should give this ridiculous topic any more attention. The OP hasn't even been back since the day he posted this. I doubt this was a serious question anyway.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
Dobbie_Elf (04-28-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-30-2017), maytayah (03-28-2017), miamac (03-28-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 02:12 PM

I like this thread, and will try to keep it going.
I always disliked strip searches to, and the guards, I knew from my life in the outside , told me later it was the worst parts of their job.
Let the guy eat his cake. Please!
David (04-01-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 02:19 PM

Thanked 1,307 Times in 860 Posts

Yeah he's eating his cake alright.....while being stripped searched in prison.

The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
David (04-01-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonlady View Post
Just out of curiosity: would you support strip searches in the regular (non-prison) workplace as well? Sorry, but the example below is just too good.

It's not a rhetorical question. Recently (in 2016), a former Royal Canadian Mint employee was found guilty of smuggling $190K (probably in Canadian dollars, though) of gold in his rectum. He was not caught in the act but he was reported by his bank after he sold the gold and tried to deposit the cheques.

It may start this way, then eventually other employers may find a reason why searches are supposedly justified in their workplace too. Before we know it, this could become as common as background checks.

In my humble opinion, it doesn't have to be part of serving time, or working, or of anything else, and it was not always part of it. We get whatever the society is willing to accept, although individual members are indeed powerless if the society at large accepts it.
Yes I am in total support of strip searche of the masses. Maybe it will finally wake the MFers up and realize we have lost our freedom. Sorry Im a little radical Rascal .
Old 03-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Stay Informed Of Spot Price Movements
Gold Spot PricesGold Price TodaySpot ChangeGold Price Per Ounce$1,247.20($9.60)Gold Price Per Gram$40.10($0.31)Gold Price Per Kilo$40,098.38($308.65)
at todays prices I think I could keister that much or maybe more.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:37 PM

But then the other question rears up its ugly head. What the hell are you gonna do with gold in Prison/. Most of the poor sumbitches you are doing time with couldnt scrape up a 100 dollar bill if their life depended on it.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelln61 View Post
Yes I am in total support of strip searche of the masses. Maybe it will finally wake the MFers up and realize we have lost our freedom. Sorry Im a little radical Rascal .
This doesn't even make sense. Wake who up? And why take away more freedom? In what context are you supporting this?
Old 03-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,601 Times in 1,554 Posts

And to think I just saw this thread..

I don't know about everyone else, but strip searches were my favorite part about being in prison, especially the cavity search!
Did anyone mention cavity searches to the OP? lol...

Last edited by David; 03-30-2017 at 03:01 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (03-30-2017), missingdee (03-30-2017), russelln61 (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,729 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
This doesn't even make sense. Wake who up? And why take away more freedom? In what context are you supporting this?
I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
AndyS (03-30-2017), missingdee (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I don't know about everyone else, but strip searches were my favorite part about being in prison!
A Rebel!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
David (03-30-2017), missingdee (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,601 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
A Rebel!
Have to get your cheap thrills where you can!

Joking aside, those who've been through them know that the majority of CO's / guards do not enjoy doing strip searches. In fact, some of us had fun messing with the guards we knew where a little shaky about doing them, usually on the way back from visitation... "Hey officer so-n-so, I think there's something under here you need to take a look at!" (pick your favorite posture or hand full) or "Sir, is it just me or does it look like HE leans slightly to the right??" or "Oh man, does anyone have any toilet paper!?!" (after someone passes gas) They don't even want to get near someone they think might be that kind of dirty.

All must be done butt-naked with a sh!t eating grin on your face...

My experience was that if they think you are having fun with it, many will expedite getting you through the process in the future.. Of course, you have to know your CO / guard, and I definitely wouldn't jack with them if I were in some sort of trouble.

Last edited by David; 03-30-2017 at 11:08 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (03-30-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (03-30-2017), nimuay (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I don't know about everyone else, but strip searches were my favorite part about being in prison, especially the cavity search!
Did anyone mention cavity searches to the OP? lol...
Thats just too weird.
But I admire youre comment.
David (03-30-2017)