Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:20 PM

Default Reporting to Lompoc Federal Satellite Camp Feb. 27th.

I am reporting to Lompoc Federal Satellite Camp on Feb 27th I cannot find to much information regarding the Satellite Camp. Has anyone done time at this facility, if so can you please elaborate the daily life at satellite camp and what to expect. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to vegasman100 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2017, 01:15 AM

Default hello

Hi,

I can try to give you sense of what to expect. I was there from 4/13 to 4/15.

You will self surrender to the main prison at the end of Klein Rd for intake processing. Don't go to the camp or the low. Have your driver pull up to stop sign, check in with guard tower saying your name and you are self surrendering. Follow instructions.

Processing will take a few hours at main prison and then camp driver or a guard will drive you over to the camp. Sometimes they walk a group. Its only 300 yards from main prison to camp. First thing after you get assigned a bunk, go to Laundry and get your clothing issue. Then if you have time, you can shop at commissary if still open. Have money on your account ready to go. $320 is limit. However, try to ask around the dorm for buying used shoes, etc. Items on commissary are obviously overpriced. Most guys return from work after 2pm.

There are two sleeping dorms. A and B dorm. Both are the same layout basically. Metal bunk beds with two tall lockers. Row after row. About 150 guys per dorm. Not a ton of room, but workable. They have a chapel, 3 TV areas, (one outside), small library with a few hundred books and computers for prison email, etc. Of course the chow hall, visiting room, and small medical building. They do have a weight pile outdoors. Walking track around a softball and soccer field.

You will be assigned a job after you complete orientation. Could be a week or two. Lompoc is a true work camp. Some jobs are OFF the compound. Like the guys who wear red jumpsuits and go to Vandenberg AFB. If you have a skillset, try to find a job that uses it. Time will go quicker. Otherwise Vandenberg is not bad. The boss is a civilian. Good guy. Most of the jobs on the AFB are landscape related.

So daily life during the week after you get a job is getting up, eating breakfast if you want, going to work, lunch, more work, and return to camp about 2-3pm. After 4pm count, then eat dinner, watch TV, go to a class, exercise. Weekends/holidays are visiting days - so if you have a visit, then 9am to 3pm goes by quick. The busier you are, the quicker time goes.

The Lompoc camp probably has some of the best weather in the country. When not foggy, it is very nice. 10 miles to the ocean. Clean air. Depending on how long you will be there, you probably will see a missile or two launched from the base.

Not sure of your details, like time to serve, or if you will be attempting to get into the drug program. The drug program camp is not the same as the normal camp. Life is different there.

Ask me anything else specific and I will try to answer.

Last edited by davette965; 02-20-2017 at 01:31 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to davette965 For This Useful Post:
cglive22 (05-27-2018), de8er (03-11-2017), fbopnomore (02-20-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (02-02-2018), Minor activist (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davette965 View Post

Not sure of your details, like time to serve, or if you will be attempting to get into the drug program. The drug program camp is not the same as the normal camp. Life is different there.

Ask me anything else specific and I will try to answer.
Do you have any details on the difference between the RDAP camp?