Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Tennessee.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:44 PM
michaelswife/babygrl

Default Any info on Sumner County Jail in Gallatin,Tn will be helpful to me

If you have any information on this jail please tell me.Some lady has told me a little that she knows about the jail but I would like to know more.My husband got 30days in there and he started the sentence 2 days ago.He had a driving with no license&they have him 30 days instead of giving him what all the other people got.My husband is a good person,great dad&husband,and he works&comes home with our family.He just got out of Rutherford County 8 days before he got put in jail in sumner county.He should have $60 on his commissary from the money he had on him when they booked him in,I have all his other belongings,besides his clothes&shoes he was wearing.
This is hard to go through again since we have 2 kids at home and im almost 6months pregnant with our 3rd and we just got though going though almost 4 months of it.My husband is a very strong man&he told me to try to be strong&calm down and not stress,but thats hard to do.
Any information you can give me about the sumner county jail ,like the commissary,how they treat inmates,if inmates gets to go outside,etc......And also my husband was tlaking to a guard shortly after he got booked in&the guard told him he should be able to be a trustee&get 2 weeks knocked off his sentence so hed only have to do 2 weeks.Im not sure if hes able to do that because I havent talked to him since he got put in.Im hoping to get a letter from him within the next few days cause he'll let me know everything.I really want him to call me but I dont think he can since they dont have calling cards in there&we only have a cell phone.
Thanks for any information you can give me on this jail&all.
Jennifer~~missing my husband&kids missing their daddy~~We love you baby!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 PM

I pm'd you some info. If you need anything feel free to pm me anytime and I will be glad to help.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
michaelswife/babygrl

thanks and i just sent a message back to you.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:30 AM
-----------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,912 Times in 2,104 Posts

Just a friendly reminder. when you pm info about this type of thing back and forth, no one benefits but the two pm'ing. In the future, please put info of this nature on the board so all of our members can benefit from it. Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 11:12 AM

whats the deal with female and male inmates writing each other in sumner county, im ready to divorce my wife , i've delt with 3 male inmates that have been releases while she is still there. yet they all act as if she is there wife
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Donation Award 

My hubby was there for 29 months. Sumner county jail is a horrible place for any inmate having to be there more than 60 days. They wear stripes. If one doesn't have them on the whole pod gets locked down. There is no tv, or going outside. They don't feed them well so if u can't afford commissary you are goin to starve. Phones are 15 minute calls through securustech.net. To put money on their
Books it's easy u go online to
Govpaynow and do it. Visitations are on monitors. No contact visits. So that part sucks, the staff is
Very rude, and stan behind to watch ur visits on a monitor. They offer a homeward bound and trustee program which is hard to get in. And all the co's are the type
That like to mess with inmates, push them to a limit of pissing them off. I'm lucky my
Hubby got moved a week ago. I went to get his
Personal items and they gave someone his clothes. It's a mess there. They don't give them anything they need to stay healthy, no vitamins, sunlight, workout equipment, decent food. Nothing. My
Hubby looked pale, tired and drained. Saw him yesterday at WTSP he has been there a week and he looked better already. I have any info u née for sumner feel
Free to ask me on here and I will answer or direct you to the resource.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 11-19-2019, 01:17 PM

Question More info?? What is this?? How??

[Can you give me more info my husband is in there how can this happen??.

QUOTE=funstick;5791439]whats the deal with female and male inmates writing each other in sumner county, im ready to divorce my wife , i've delt with 3 male inmates that have been releases while she is still there. yet they all act as if she is there wife[/quote]
Old 11-19-2019, 01:19 PM

I just found this. Its old but would appreciate help.My husband got 18 months plus 6. Its killing us. I have been blocked several times from seeing him on the securest thing and there is all sorts of drama going on creating issues.
I understand the PMing .There is so much here.
Any help.

Thank you
Old 11-20-2019, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,344 Posts

I wish I had info to offer, but I don't know that much about most of the jails (as opposed to prisons). I hope someone will be along soon who has more information than I do.

Meanwhile, remember to breathe.