Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Havins State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Default 6 month program..new to Havins State Jail Texas

So my hubbie was sent to Havins to complete 6 month program on FI-5 can anyone tell me what it's like..visits, dress code, group meeting & just any info is helpful...thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingJEasley View Post
So my hubbie was sent to Havins to complete 6 month program on FI-5 can anyone tell me what it's like..visits, dress code, group meeting & just any info is helpful...thanks...

So my husband just got transferred there too and I know nothing. Im hoping to hear from him today...I heard from him while he was in transit. Have you heard anything yet? My husband was not sure if he got and f-i-5 or 6...so no im just waiting. Im wondering if his phone calls will be the same as they were in TDCJ...because this is a state jail not an actual prison unit....maybe someone will come along and help us...lol..have a good day and good luck.
"As a face reflects in water, so the heart reflects the real person."
Proverbs 27:19
Old 05-02-2012, 06:16 PM

My hubbie actually ended up going to Ney unit to complete program. But yes call s are the same no matter what unit he's at bc its a TDCJ rule. But it will take a couple days for the phone system to catch up once he's at Havins unit abt 4 days. These people are not very helpful on here for Havins or Ney unit threads. I never got help here or in Ney thread. But he's been there abt 1 month now. You can call to check what parole decision they gave him...FI-5 says 90 days halfway house after program nd thats not true unless they fail program or they feel he doesn't have approved home plan or not ready to return to free world. If I can help u with anything let me know...eventho he's not at same unit...they are going thru same program.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 PM

This place is the worst. These people are just here for a check and the counselors are all former addicts and could care less if those guys live or die. Idk about other units but if your man is sent here pray hard for him. They do everything in their power to make sure no one goes home. They treat the inmates like they are worthless nobodies.

They are really nice to the families but its all a front.

There is this one kind of heavy set lady (I call her Ms. Piggy) she does the check ins on most visit days. This lady has a chip on her shoulder and acts like they are paying her a million dollars to be a jerk.

If your guys is sent here. Pray for them heavily because it will be hard. I hope one day these ppl are judged by God by the same measuring stick they use on our loved one.