Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Missin my Blued Eyed Boy

Default Anybody else having issues with Securus (CBS)??

So I've been patient with the phones at my mans facility being crappy. But this has gone to a whole new level, I have 2 calls that wouldnt let me accept it even though I had money and pressed '1' yet they charged me the connection fee.....Fine whatever. My man was suposed to call me after lunch today which is usually between 1-130 he never did so I went online to check and see if there was a block, sure enough there was and I only had .05 in my account. There are charges on there from a whole different region than my mans, here's the kicker I was visitng my man yesterday when these calls were 'made n charged' to our account. I am so livid and STILL on hold to talk to these people, I've never had any issues with them before now even when it was still CBS. Please tell me im not the only one?!

*Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will*
His Green Eyed Girl Her Blue Eyed Boy
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 PM

Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,203 Posts

I've had issues with them since the first call I got so I'm not the one to ask lol And I'm still waiting for my latest payment to show up so he can call. Been a week.

Snowwolf
Old 03-08-2011, 12:05 AM

I never have any issues what so ever. Money goes on right away. Calls come through perfectly. Sorry you guys are having issues
The Following User Says Thank You to bluvsu For This Useful Post:
hisprettygirl10 (03-08-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Default Securus/Local Cell # Question????

So I made the mistake of having a local number for the facility where my friend is forwarded to my cell phone. I got a block on the local number due to "remote call forwarding" being detected.

If I add a second line to my cell phone bill (and it would be a local number for the facility), will Securus jerk me around with this? I read that some people can use google voice, skype, etc., but Securus reps told me that this is impossible, that any numbers being forwarded to a different number will be blocked and could cause problems for my inmate friend, which I obviously don't want to happen.

What do people do when their forwarded numbers are blocked? I was told as long as it's a direct number (from the facility to my cell phone), then it's fine, but now I'm worried that I'm on Securus' radar and that they'll f' me around and not allow me to have a local number of the jail (my billing address is in a different state, obviously). Has anyone else been able to add a second line to their mobile service and have it be local to the jail facility, and if so, has Securus blocked it or let it be? Please help!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Default Securus Issue, I am trying to use a cell phone with number close the prison not home

Hey all- I'm new to this so bear with me.

I had a local number (to the jail where my friend is) being forwarded to my out of state number. Securus put a block on it. I added my local number but I will only be able to talk to my friend once every few months as a 15 minute calls is $18. Securus called me literally the day after I had my first phone call with her and told me that my local number was blocked.

If I add a second phone line (a direct number) to my mobile service and have it be a local number to the jail, will Securus jerk me around on this? One of the reps told me that my phone bill and billing address have to match the area code. I can't believe this. They say it's for security but when I offered to send them the bill that I have through my call-forwarding company and they could see my name and that it's a number assigned to me and see that the calls are forwarded to my legit cell phone, they said no...so it's obviously about money.

Does anyone else do this- have a cell phone/direct number that is local to the jail but not have a billing address that matches the number? Please help, if so!! Thanks!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 PM

Default Securus Issue (Local Cell Number?)

Securus blocked a "forwarding number" that I had on my account. The forwarding number goes to my cell phone, which is out of state.

If I add a second phone line to my cell phone, no forwarding involved, will Securus block me again (because my area code won't match the billing address).

I really can't believe this whole thing....any ideas are welcome...thank you sooo much!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Securus (correctional billing) How can I speak to a live representative?

anyone have any advice on how to speak to an actual person with this company?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts

Call and act like you want to set up your phone for the first time & then once you get someone on the phone tell them your issue. That's what I always do... they suck...

The Following User Says Thank You to D4C For This Useful Post:
Mz. Mocha (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM

Thanked 3,339 Times in 1,672 Posts

If you go online to their website, you they have a live chat during the day and you can get someone that way or call the phone number. I did talk to someone but I was on hold for a while.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:17 PM

After dialing the 800 # I think it's option #4 to get a rep on the phone.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the advice all. I finally got someone on the "live chat" option and got things straightened out.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Default "Phantom" Phone Calls from Securus

Help me! I closed my CBS/Securus account about a month ago b/c my boyfriend has not been in jail in a year. Today, I received two phone calls from the # that would pop up when he used to call me. I was unable to answer them & just caught the tail end of the recording on my voicemail, saying something along the lines of, "if you would like to permanently block calls from this facility press 6." I am of course freaking out, thinking he is back in jail, especially since I haven't been able to get in touch with him today. So I get on the chat with Securus. I explain the situation & also say that my online account says BLOCK on it, so should I be able to even receive any calls? She tells me that I should not be able to receive calls, that the calls would not be allowed. She also checks her records & says that my phone number did not receive any calls from any facility today. I ask her why I got two calls then? She says that the automated system likely called me by mistake & to disregard the calls. I don't know why the automated system would be asking me if I want to block calls from a facility though.

It all sounds good, but it also doesn't sound right. Has anyone had anything similar happen?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:20 PM

sorry I cant be of any help,I have never used it but how much was it costing you when you were using it my husband suggested it to me last time we talked but moneys hard to come by these days being unemployed and evrything ,just wondering if you would say it was worth it?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Hi,

Well I reopened the account just in case my boyfriend is in, but I haven't gotten any calls since the two yesterday. I am also starting to wonder if those were maybe "free" calls & that's why Securus doesn't have any record of them even though they went through their phone number? BLAH!

Anyways, my calls are from a facility that is in the same town in which I live. There was an 80 cent connection fee, and then 50 cents for every five minutes we talked, up to a total of 15 minutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to BKBS For This Useful Post:
mrs_black2009 (05-21-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 PM

You can get a rate quote on their website.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Default Securus Tech (formerly CBS)

Anyone else have a problem with Securus Tech (formerly Correctional Billing Services) dropping calls a second or two after saying "hello?" I'm talking about on a land line with no 3 way calling, or anything. Just press one to connect and say hello or take a breath to say hello and the recording comes on saying "This call is being terminated. No 3rd party calling." WTH Can I even get a proper hello?

This happens about once every month or two and I typically call to get the call credited back because it cost $1.15 for their mess up but today they tell me that I have to fill out a dispute form and mail or fax it in. They they will take up to 30 days to investigate. WTF The issue is their and another way of making money...I have NEVER 3 way called.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 AM

Default Correctional Billing Services

Yes, this happens to me as well. It is so frustrating because my man thinks I am cheating, and my lover has me hang up the phone when it says "no third party."
Does your partner say it takes 7-8 rings before you pick up when you answer the phone immediately? Mine does, and it is so frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABsgirl View Post
Anyone else have a problem with Securus Tech (formerly Correctional Billing Services) dropping calls a second or two after saying "hello?" I'm talking about on a land line with no 3 way calling, or anything. Just press one to connect and say hello or take a breath to say hello and the recording comes on saying "This call is being terminated. No 3rd party calling." WTH Can I even get a proper hello?

This happens about once every month or two and I typically call to get the call credited back because it cost $1.15 for their mess up but today they tell me that I have to fill out a dispute form and mail or fax it in. They they will take up to 30 days to investigate. WTF The issue is their and another way of making money...I have NEVER 3 way called.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharte View Post
Yes, this happens to me as well. It is so frustrating because my man thinks I am cheating, and my lover has me hang up the phone when it says "no third party."
Does your partner say it takes 7-8 rings before you pick up when you answer the phone immediately? Mine does, and it is so frustrating.

No my man never mentioned how many rings it takes before pick up. I faxed my dropped call investigation paper but I think it's BS. They will take a month to credit back the call they messed up and it is likely they will come up with some BS as to why they won't credit it. I'm so tired of how they milk us for money.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts

I've had it do it to me a couple of times during the middle of a call. And unfortunately they refused to refund me anything because they said it was my fault (it wasn't)

Old 05-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Donation Award 

Have you had them run a check on your line? They'll probably say that there's nothing wrong on their end and it's all your fault, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Default OMG - Securus Long Distance!

So, my calls from my boyfriend are local - $2 something for a 15 minute call. He asked me to add his mom's number which is in another state. I did, not even thinking about the long distance factor, b/c in this age of cell phones, whoever really thinks about that?!
So I get an e-mail today saying my account balance is low - he and I have rarely talked since I last put money, so I am like, "Why isn't there any money left on the phone?!" He said he has been cutting back (like I asked him to), & that he has rarely even used the phone.
I pull up the bill summary - OMG. Two calls to his mom cost me $30 - a $4 connection fee and then $1 a minute after that. I just about died - I am sick to my stomach. How disgusting is this?!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanked 3,339 Times in 1,672 Posts

Yeah it's really bad! I did a quote for a long distance call and it was $20 for a 30 minute call! I was able to get a cell with a local number thankfully b/c then the call is only $3. I don't know how they can charge that much! It's seriously robbery...
Old 06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
ARG - I love YOU more! :)

When mine first went to jail and he was calling my cell it was $26 a phone call...his father told me he wouldn't even pay that much to talk to him! Luckily it went to $2.50 with my landline. It's disturbing how much we have to pay.

*It's an infinate world, and I want you*
Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,545 Times in 3,575 Posts

The rates are negotiated by the prison and CBS. It is ridiculous how much they charge families for the calls. When Ben first went in (FL) the calls were close to $20.00 for 15 mins and they are now around $2.00. They slowly decreased because the contracts were renegotiated every couple of years. Thanks goodness!!! ....this is for prison calls, not county jail.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Default Securus Block~How long to get block off?

My account was blocked for using Google voice after our first phone call. I changed the number to my cell phone, which is prepaid through Straight Talk. It's been 24 hours and my account is still blocked!

How long does it take to get the block taken off? Is that up to the jail? Will they block me again because I use a prepaid cell phone?

Thanks!