Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:21 AM

Unhappy How is everone else handling the Sirak case

I am so up set I do not have anyone else I can go too. I know I should not have got my hopes up, but he did by always talking about it Jeff really thought it would had a diferent eding. This is just another set back for all of us. I was just wondering how you all of you was doing. Thanks take care Michelle
Old 02-08-2006, 12:21 PM
waiting for my heart

yes Raven and I had our hopes up as well. I just don't understand why everything has to go all bad for us.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Yes, it was upsetting to say the least. But I know that it's not over yet! My husband heard that it was dismissed by Carr without comments, as if it were in the wrong Court. In my opinion, it's simply a delay tactic to avoid the inevitable...for this too shall pass...There's power in numbers so don't give up. Keep following the updates on the Ohio Parole Reform Forum. Keep the faith! Sabrena

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 02-08-2006, 10:51 PM

Im sick and consumed with helplessness at this point,
Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 AM

Default I think there is something going on under the surface

Mr Sirak either always was or recently became involved with a couple of questionable people.

We had his new law firm for our Supreme Court case. They barely presented a defense and left out the lions share of the details.

Please PM me with the firm Mr Sirak was with when you started with him.

Also if your case had an investigator what was that persons name

Did the document filed on your behalf contain what you thought it should.

Finally, what have they told you about any additional steps you could take.

It may interest you all to know that the same firm was handling a "new law" case with serious sentencing issues at the same time and they did not address these in our case.

It appears to me that New Law cases and Old law cases by definition would have conflicting interests.

Please PM me I'm trying to figure out how we might all band together and fight this firm. They misled every last one of us.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:17 PM

Thank you all. I am trying to hold it together. I am doing all right just knowing I'm not alone. on top of the fact the doctors took me off work permatly and I have to apply for disablity and I'm not handaling it well. I know everything happens for a perpes. God has a plain for me I fust have to look to him and I' sure it will all work out. As soon as I get my internet servise back I will be on more. Thanks again to my PTO family You are great.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:02 PM

What Supreme Court case?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Jenny MCa I sent what you posted to Attorney Sirak and here is his reply

Patti,

I have read this twice and I do not have a clue as to what they are talking about. I have only had one U.S. Supreme Court case and we won it. I could I have possibly done something wrong on this matter. The U.S. Supreme Court has a strict 30 page limit on its filings, so it is impossible to state everything.

I am still practicing law more or less by myself, but I share offices and collaborate with the law firm of Yelsky and Lonardo. Leonard Yelsky and Angelo Lonardo are two of the most highly regarded criminal attorneys in Cleveland.

I do not employ case investigators. Leonard employs a case investigator and he is a former police detective, so he is very professional and thorough. But I can only think of one case where this investigator worked on a case which also involved me.

As for the document filed on your behalf, I have never, ever had a complaint about a document that I filed and its being incomplete or non-responsive. On the contrary, I receive nothing but compliments on the documents that I file.

This person from California just seems intent upon stirring up trouble. At the moment, we are getting letters from Texas which are just like the letters that we are getting from Ohio. They consider me a blessing sent to them from heaven, literally. I am not making this up. So I have no clue where this person is getting their negative energy. Please respond to them and rebut this.

Norman
Old 03-24-2006, 07:54 PM

And Becki Millers answer

Where did you get this? Believe it or not there is another attorney with the name Norman Sirak in another state. Our Norman has never represented anyone for the following. The only time he has represented inmates is in our law suit. Before that, he was a securities lawyer who took companies public. This is NOT our Norman.

Becki
Old 03-27-2006, 01:10 AM

Patti,

Thanks for checking this out with Mr Sirak. I believe him because he replied to the issue, something the people who misrepresented his involvment have failed to do. I'm glad to hear he's still "mostly practicing by himself" but he should know that to at least one family the firm he mentions in his response suggested more of a relationship than that and also indicated that Mr Sirak would be consulting on the case. It is clear to us in retrospect that did not occur. Unfortunately this only became clear after the fact, it would have affected my advice to my friend's family regarding maintaining our relationship with the firm where Mr Sirak mentions consulting for as long as we did maintain that relationship with them.

I am aware of the "investigator", Mr Sirak mentioned, who is not a licensed investigator and in legal documents has been referred to as a "legal researcher" a title one can bestow on himself or herself in Ohio.

The researcher Mr Sirak refers to published a book on his Open Adoption of his child shortly before leaving the police department, then attempted to sue over a slip and fall injury occuring on private property as he went about his rounds as a police officer in Gates Mills. The former police officer/legal researcher's book came out in 1997, he left the force in 1998, and his suit was dismissed (without an award to the ex police officer in 1999). If I were not a licensed investigator and were instead working as a researcher, I would take care not to use the word "investigator" in describing myself to the clients of the firm since this could lead to a misunderstanding. I would also have taken care to follow established adoption procedures, to make sure there was no question in the minds of onlookers as to whether or not I might have in some way used my position as a police officer to influence a pregnant teen to hand over her baby to me, thereby avoiding the waiting period for a traditional adoption.

I am not attempting to "stir up trouble" but I do want people to be aware that just because Mr Sirak goes out of his way not to mislead his clients, some of the people he is associating with may not be maintaining the same high standards in the way they are representing themselves.

I thank Mr Sirak for straightening out this confusion.

Jenny

Last edited by JennyMCa; 03-27-2006 at 02:01 AM..