Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Andy'zGurl!

Unhappy I need some advice here people...

HELP!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, I DO BUT I DON'T. OK HERE'S THE THING. I MET MY LOVE AT THE AGE OF 11. YOUNG I KNOW, WELL AT THAT AGE HE WAS 16 AND DATING ALOT OF GIRLS, WELL I WAS IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT FOR SURE. HE LIVED NEXT DOOR TO MY GRANDMOTHER AND THAT'S HOW I GOT TO SEE HIM. WELL HE CHOSE TO FOLLOW HIS FRIEND AND GO AND DO SOMETHING VERY TERRIBLE. MY SISTER WAS IN LOVE WITH HIS FRIEND, AND KEPT IN TOUCH WITH HIM, AND AFTER THEY WENT TO PRISON HIS FREIND TOM ASKED IF I WANTED TO WRITE A. I WAS LIKE HELL YEAH I DO. OBVIOUSLY STILL IN LOVE WITH EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM. WELL, WE WRITE AND 13 YEARS LATER HERE WE ARE STILL GOING STRONG??? HE'S 30 I AM 25. WELL SOME ISSUES BETWEEN THE YEARS, BUT NONE TO SERIOUS, WELL HE HAS "CHANCE" FOR PAROLE IN 27 YEARS. MY HEART IS TORN, I WANT A FAMILY, AND HIM. I MET HIS ENTIRE FAMILY AND FEEL AS IF THEY ARE MY OWN, BUT 27 YEARS I WILL BE 50 AND HE WILL BE 55. I HAVE TWO SMALL CHILDREN, AND I NEED A FATHER FOR THEM HERE. THAT ALL SOUNDS LIKE CURSE WORDS, I KNOW! BUT I LOVE HIM WITH ALL OF MY HEART, MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS AGAINST IT, AND EVERY ONE ELSE I MEET. CAN YOU SEE WHERE I AM COMING FROM??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
I am still here!

I don't know what to say to you. I see your point of wanting a father for your kids, and then having to wait 27 years. You are between a rock and a hard spot.
The only thing I can tell you for sure is to pray. God listens...

Pauline
Old 02-01-2005, 12:10 AM
I love my inmate!!!!

I understand what you are feeling. It's a hard choice to make (whether to wait or move on). I can't tell you what to do, only your heart knows that. It sucks i know but i guess you just have to search way down deep inside yourself and see what you really want the most. I know that in my case, I didn't want any other man, so i had to wait. Jason was the only man i was interested in. But my situation is way different because i only have to wait 4 years, with over 1 already served. But i do know how it feels when you have no support from your family and friends and that makes it hard i know. I wish you the best of luck in the decisions you make. Sorry i couldn't be of more help but i honestly think that only you can decide this.

Amanda

PS. If you need to talk, PM me, i'm here for you.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:20 AM

My first question is how many years went by that you didnt have contact and how long have you been writing now?

Its clear by reading your post that you havent been connected the entire 13 years. I dont know your situation, but it could be your in love with a memory. I wont say you cant fall in love with someone after they have gone to prison because I did, but I will say take is slow. Its easy to get caught up in the moment and 27 years is a long time to wait if your not really sure deep down.