Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2021, 08:40 PM

Default Can we and where to complain about the case handling?

Hi,
My son has schizophrenia. Last spring he took a car and drove away without letting anyone to know.He is over 18 and we couldn’t do anything. He was psychotic at this time, but he refused to take the meds and see a psychiatrist for the last three years. In May, we got a call from Texas sheriff saying that they arrested him. He was charged with felony ( was throwing rocks into people). Since then, they keep him in jail. Despite him being psychotic, they only gave him anti anxiety drugs. His trial date is being moved further away few times. Psychologist decided that he is competent to stand a trial. He calls and texts me saying absolutely crazy stuff, no question he has psychosis. When I call the jail, nobody touched by anything. I requested the doctor to see him, but even with this, they have trouble:they are telling me for the whole last week that the doctor didn’t come to jail for some reason. My question is where can I complain about this situation? I was thinking about writing to Texas senator. Does it worse to try to bother some authorities?
Sponsored Links