Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Nevada, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:23 PM

Default Inmate masks

My LO sent me their mask for covid. It is in terrible shape and unusable. They want the right people to see it. Who can I send it to?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2020, 08:31 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Girl View Post
My LO sent me their mask for covid. It is in terrible shape and unusable. They want the right people to see it. Who can I send it to?

If you wish, you can send it to me and I'll take pictures & post them here. Private message me.

Where is he located?
Old 12-11-2020, 07:07 AM
Crazy Cajun Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 19,770 Times in 7,651 Posts

I would say news organizations. I'm surprised the mail room even allowed that to leave the prison.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (12-11-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
I would say news organizations. I'm surprised the mail room even allowed that to leave the prison.

News organizations have ZERO interests in prisoner issues. The public in general believes that all prisoners should never get out of prison. To them, prisoners are already in Club Fed, getting 3 meals & a cot, and already got a break by not being executed immediately after sentencing - regardless of their crime.

So, forget the American news media.

Suggestions:

Human Rights Watch & other organizations that focus on prisoner rights. I would suggest if you do want to send it to someone that might have a reason against the BOP is send it to John Kiriakou. He was politically prosecuted by the U.S. and spent his 2 years at Loretto FCI at the same time of my first 2 years there. He does commentaries for foreign news services, including the well-known & respected Russia Today (RT.com). They do a number of exposes on the injustices of the American penal system.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:40 AM

I may try a news station in their state. I've contacted journalists before, and you're right, there is no interest. We haven't figured out their agenda/algorithm yet for their stories as I clearly see stories against the DOC there, but they don't appear interested in all of them. If I knew their agenda, I could tailor the story to fit.